“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,080 Hotels in London
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Hotel 41. We were there the previous year and loved the hotel so much we came back. This time was perfect too. Monica made our stay perfect both times from start to finish. I had requested dinner reservations prior to our stay and she took care of everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trishh1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I spent two night last week end at 41 and I booked the romantic package. It was amazing all the way. We had a duplex suite where each can have some privacy. I recommend this choice since the regular rooms are a bit small and sitting in front of the fireplace, drinking a glass of Champagne was part of the pleasure. The staff did not spare any efforts to make us feel home and all was done in a very professional and attentive way. Their advice for restaurants at night was very much what we were looking for. In summary, a very memorable stay and we will definitively be back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

There is a reason that this hotel is ranked so highly on these review websites. I will keep this one short. I have stayed in some incredible hotels, but nothing quite like hotel 41. While the staff, rooms, services, location etc are all beyond what anyone could expect, it is the atmosphere that really did it for me. The two nights that my partner and I stayed there seem like a dream. Sooo so good. I will be back!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a fireplace!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danno1987
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This must be the philosophie of the Hotel, this becomes evident during your stay. What a warm welcome by the charming hosts at the welcome desk, which is located in the cozy library/lounge. You feel like entering in some ones private home, which obviously is decorated in an exclusive style. The staterooms are in black and white, which gives it a contemporary touch. I enjoyed having a bathtub as well as a seperate rainfall shower, what a treat. The fluffy towels and the 100ml Penhaligon's bath and shower amenities add to the luxury. One does want to spend the full day in bed, made by Savoir and dressed with finest crisp linnen, what a feeling. I enjoyed sitting in the library close the fireplace having a drink and a barsnack, which is available around the clock. Breakfast ist partly served from a nice buffet, all warm dishes individually prepared at the guests order. The best of all are the staff. Well trained with outstanding manners, anticipating your needs. I had forgotten my hairbrush and was in London for an important meeting. I called the "what ever, when ever" button on the phone and explained my situation. 15 minutes later, i had a round hairbrush in my room, they specially went out to buy one for me and guess what, it was a complimentary service from the house. If you look for personalized services in a luxurious Environment, the 41 is the right place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

41 hotel was the most amazing experience I have ever encountered on vacation. The service was superb and the staff were attentive to your needs. This is the only hotel that I want to stay in. My friends and I were treated as royalty from the time we stepped foot out of our taxi. Thanks to all the wonderful staff at 41 hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Butter35
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I won't repeat the well deserved superlatives that Hotel 41 warrants, but our return visit proved that our findings on our first stay were far from a fluke! The staff are just as attentive, charming, genuinely friendly and live to ensure that you enjoy your stay. It's not difficult to revel in the luxuriance of this top quality hotel and nothing is too much trouble for every member of the young and professional staff headed by Lauren. The hotel is ideally situated. We found a lovely gem of a find around the corner from Hotel 41, The Westminster Cathedral, which, apart from being an impressively ornate Victorian Catholic cathedral, has a tower with awesome views across the London skyline in all directions. Save yourself £24 (I understand its £29 at The Shard) and spend £5 for an elevator ride to the top of the tower. (It is not, however suitable for those with mobility problems) I understand too that some overseas guests have problems with Taxi drivers finding this exclusive hotel, just say "Hotel 41, Buckingham Palace Road, opposite The Royal Mews, to the right of The Rubens Hotel" and you shouldn't have a problem!

The hotel team try extremely hard to make you feel special and to anticipate your every desire. Remus, one of the assistant manager's, remembers what your breakfast preferences are and is obviously headed for greater things in the hotel industry. He was a charming, immaculate young chap and carried himself with a bearing and assurance which belied his youth. Gian too spoiled my wife with extra sweets from "the pantry" and even delivered them to our room, which was the style of kindness that we had come to expect. Our all-time favourite though remains the delightfully elegant Monika, whose eyes are continually scanning for ways to put the "Red Carnation" concept of how to go that extra-mile-to-please-the-guest, into action. We have never met a more charming, self effacing member of any hotel staff and she is a marvellous asset to the hotel, and she, quite rightly, shows great enthusiasm for the organisation for which she works. It's worth mentioning that other sister hotels within the same chain also feature very highly on TA so obviously Malcolm Hendry and his diligent staff have to maintain their impeccable standards to remain on top of the pile. Our only hope is that 41 doesn't become so popular that we won't be able to book in the future! Book early, book now and treat yourself, you deserve to enjoy Hotel 41!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank TheWTandNBTT
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

As already described by others, the service in this botique hotel is pleasent and personalized. I noticed a few business people using the facilities as their living room, which of course is nice if the travel iteniary is intensive and you want to get away from the international branded hotels. My wife loved the hotel and room decoration.
After a busy day we were going out for dinner, and decided to have a drink in the library/bar/lounge and ended up staying there in front of the fireplace. We were kindly offered some nice appetizers and this took us further to the free buffet of a high standard. This is a nice treat.
It seems to be a mixed clientele, business people, get-away holidayas and turists.
The hotel situated next to buckingham palace invites to spend some time in the area walking around and enjoying the atmosphere.
We loved our stay. It would of course be nice with a balcony and a bit larger rooms (there is a quite large bath room and sitting area in the room) but this is London of course.
Would I stay there again? definately for small get-aways or business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business