“The best little secret” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,072 Hotels in London
“The best little secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked this hotel myself for Xmas week and was so overwhelmed by the staff and everything surrounding us....our suite..the lounge..I can't think of anything that was missed. It as such a joy. Like a home away from home. The staff was superb and they made us feel so special that we'd never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diane E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 41 in January of 2013. As it was our first visit to London, we could not have chosen a better place to stay. We arrived early from our flight from the U.S. and they met us so graciously and immediately put us in a temporary room until our room was ready (less than one hour).

The Staff from the receptionist to the concierge, the waiters and waitresses could not have been more friendly and helpful.

Our stay at Hotel 41 was so great! We would highly recommend this Hotel.

Mr and Mrs Scott
Santa Fe, New Mexico

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Max60958
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

management has this team so focused on customer satisfaction its quite something to witness. you'll read many reviews that expound on it. however, overall interior design is amateurish, reminiscent of a mid-priced Victorian hotel from 20 years ago. frumpy printed carpet in the lobby, heavy Victorian furnishings, and although there are windows you'll never be drawn to look out of them they're buried somewhere under all those window coverings and behind over-sized furniture. flat screen tvs in an armoire ? what year is this? too much furniture in general in the rooms and so many directories you can't work at the desk. i never did see what was outside my small window, it was covered with a sheer-yes i said sheer-, a very heavy Roman shade, AND curtains. i knew there were issues when i stepped in the lower reception lobby and the small desk had cords draped from all ends and the glass shelves behind it had trinket gold jewelry for sale - ish. this isn't 5 star level design or furnishing, in order to merit this ranking they need a pro to bring the 41 up to other London boutiques (see my other review)

Room Tip: find one with a window you can see out of
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ImpossiblyPicky
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you found the customer service provided during your time extraordinary but was sorry to learn that you found the decor and character of 41 not to be to your liking. We receive so many positive comments with regards our unique rich mahoganies blended with black and whites, but I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided and were impressed by Lauren and her team, many of whom have been with us for some time. Their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations at every encounter is what we pride ourselves on and what makes an experience at 41 as memorable as many others on this site and others have described it to be.

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post this review of your stay.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to stay in some of the best hotels in London but Hotel 41 is in a class of its own. A wonderful hotel, with delightful staff and many individual touches that really set itself apart from others in the 5 star category. I felt totally relaxed and enjoyed every moment of my stay. There were so many little details that made it so special, the complimentary glass of champagne at check in, the hot water bottle in bed, free icecream and bottles of water and plunder the pantry (a lovely array of snacks available in the lounge all day long)
The lounge is the real hub of the hotel, a beautiful room where you breakfast, have afternoon tea, enjoy evening cocktails and canapes. My husband and I sat by the fire one evening after dinner with a glass of baileys - lovely.
If you are looking for a hotel where you get treated like royalty but where the atmosphere is calm, relaxed and not in the least bit stuffy then 41 is for you.
I am now dropping hints to my husband so that we can return again - very soon !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie B
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

So...if this hotel does not meet your expectations...you need to stay home! Every detail is looked after and more. I think the rest of the reviews say it all. Best of the best :-) and make sure to let them do turndown service. Lots of nice surprises there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank Gordon E
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What to say? The best hotel in London and possibly the world. Boutique-heaven and lovely, charming staff. Can't wait to get back to this little gem. Note that they do seem to have one room with a slightly lower-than-expected ceiling. If you get that particular room, ask for a different one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lusiad
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel 41 in December of 2012. From the moment we walked in the door, we received the best service. The staff is small, but after a few days you feel like they're family. I knew all of their names by the time we left, and they always knew my name. I looked forward to unwinding in the beautiful Executive Lounge after long days of sightseeing. Anything we asked of them was delivered. My flat iron bit the dust in Paris, and I happened to mention it to them. They actually had one in the hotel I was able to use. The turn down service with rose petals and candles all over the room was such a treat to come home to on our first night. I cannot compliment the staff, service or hotel enough. I will say for those of you who have to run each day like my husband Hotel 41 does not have a gym on the property. However, they have an agreement with one just around the corner and it was very nice. My husband even took a run around St. James Park, and he said he wished he would have done that everyday. The hotel is also very close to the tube if you plan to use that mode of transportation. I can say we booked our hotels in Paris and London following the advice of Trip Advisor. This one is ranked number one for a reason! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple