“As good as the last time”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I agree with a previous reviewer - rarely is something/somewhere as good as the first experience (a one night stay for my birthday) but Hotel 41 did not disappoint. My husband and I had originally booked a two night stay for his birthday but unfortunately had to cancel the first night due to the weather conditions. However we made it for the second night and like other returning guests were greeted like old friends by the staff. Somehow they manage to make you feel special without it feeling creepy. Everyone seems to be smiling at Hotel 41 from the staff to the other guests. It may not be the most luxurious hotel in London (and I have no personal frame of reference) but maybe that is part of its charm. It is luxurious enough but without making you feel out of your depth and uncomfortable in case you do or say the wrong thing. My husband is very hot on customer service and he can't fault the staff. Wonderful - we will be back hopefully in better weather and for longer next time.

1  Thank 186402Jane
There are newer reviews for Hotel 41

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a little bit of time away from the life of being mummy and daddy. A midweek overnight stay in London to see Mathew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty, as a Christmas treat for my wife.
Hotel 41 has a great location (opposite the Royal Mews) and is only a few minutes stroll from Victoria. The hotel is right next door to The Rubens, its sister hotel (it's actually the 5th floor of The Rubens that has been made up into a small boutique, exec club-style hotel) and you're greeted by a concierge in the small discreet downstairs lobby.
I arrived before my wife, as she works in central London, and tried to check in. As my wife had made the arrangements I had little or no details with me. Unfortunately there was no record of our booking (unkown as to where the blame lies) however the reception staff did a fine job of finding us a comfortable king sized room.
The room was well laid out, black and white furnishings, more contemporary classic in style, with some nice little touches; hot water bottle, t.v in bathroom, ceiling drench shower, well stocked mini bar - complete with barrocca for any over indulgences! I liked the His and Hers slippers.
The staff were attentive but not overbearing. There's a well stocked honesty bar in the lounge area and selction of free nibbles available all through the day. (Its nice being treated like an adult for a change).
We booked an early table next door at BBar (through the concierge - just dial the button marked 'whatever, whenever'). The style is British with an Afican twist. Great burgers, steaks etc. I chose a venison burger which was totally delicious, and received a complimentary glass of champagne too! I only wish we had more time to have taken advantage of the wine list.
After the ballet our evening was rounded off and with a nightcap, before a great nights sleep.
Breakfast with all the trimmings followed and a complimentary takeway cup of Starbucks coffee from the concierge on the way out capped our stay.
The effort from the staff and the attention to detail paid to the overall guest experience makes this a hotel well worth the little extra and well worth a return visit.

2  Thank James C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Maybe the best hotel i ever been!!!! I traveled here in the start of January for business with my company and i really loved this place!! Its a bit expensive for me but who cares... my company paid and i am glad i experienced the beauty and comfort of this hotel!! The rooms and the service are beyond any expectation!! Totally recommended to all!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Carl_Gray
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 41. The staff could be the best trained in terms of customer service I've seen in a long time. They secured all my site seeing visits with detailed printouts as well as handling all the phone calls and set up all my reservations. Never once did anyone appear impatient ... first class and above and beyond. Superb.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Volmax
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Whether its because of the personal attention of the staff, the very highest quality of furnishings, food and drink this truly is a wonderful hotel experience. Nothing is to much trouble for this top team and I would like to thank each and every one of them for making my wife's 50th birthday treat this weekend so memorable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jill C
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have just returned from another visit to Hotel 41. Often whenever you have a good expierience initially and you go back somewhere you have very special memories of, you can feel its not quite as good as you remember. We certainly did not have that feeling going back to Hotel 41. If anything our expectations were surpassed which was extremely difficult considering how good it was the first time. Many of your reviewers comment of the luxury and the attention to detail and 41 has all of those things but staying gives you so much more. We feel we are welcomed back as friends and not in an over the top way but in a genuine, we really care you have come back, way. Our words cannot do this hotel justice, absolutely first class in every way.

2  Thank KevinB34
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you are looking for an intimate home from home experience this hotel is at the top of my list. My wife and I both spent 3nights at this superb establishment within a week of each other this January and were unanimous in our delight.
Quite simply this small delightful 5 star residence sets out to provide a luxurious, and intimate environment and succeeds admirably having paid attention to every little detail. Wonderful liveried staff provided exacting service by anticipating my needs and rendering help in a thoughtful and totally unpretentious way. Welcomed on an a freezing January day with a glass of good French champagne in front of a fire in a comfortable finely appointed reception and lounge area, I was escorted to my room to be carefully given the details of the extensive electronic conveniences(which normally test my lack of tech savvy) from the automatic fireplace, the music, TV, DVD and aircon. Thoughtful little extras included a hot water bottle in the bed at turndown, perfumed lit candles in the bathroom to Huggie Bear on the bed to elicit the "ahhs" from the ladies. All staff addressed me by name and I felt a genuine concern for my comfort and not the oh so often experienced superficial pretence, to say the right thing.
There are many things I can say to praise the ability of this boutique hotel to get it right. They succeed brilliantly on every level. Looking forward to my return. Alexander Gilbert Cape Town South Africa

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business