“THE QUINTESSENTIAL HOME FROM HOME”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cape Town
“THE QUINTESSENTIAL HOME FROM HOME”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you are looking for an intimate home from home experience this hotel is at the top of my list. My wife and I both spent 3nights at this superb establishment within a week of each other this January and were unanimous in our delight.
Quite simply this small delightful 5 star residence sets out to provide a luxurious, and intimate environment and succeeds admirably having paid attention to every little detail. Wonderful liveried staff provided exacting service by anticipating my needs and rendering help in a thoughtful and totally unpretentious way. Welcomed on an a freezing January day with a glass of good French champagne in front of a fire in a comfortable finely appointed reception and lounge area, I was escorted to my room to be carefully given the details of the extensive electronic conveniences(which normally test my lack of tech savvy) from the automatic fireplace, the music, TV, DVD and aircon. Thoughtful little extras included a hot water bottle in the bed at turndown, perfumed lit candles in the bathroom to Huggie Bear on the bed to elicit the "ahhs" from the ladies. All staff addressed me by name and I felt a genuine concern for my comfort and not the oh so often experienced superficial pretence, to say the right thing.
There are many things I can say to praise the ability of this boutique hotel to get it right. They succeed brilliantly on every level. Looking forward to my return. Alexander Gilbert Cape Town South Africa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Alexander G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A gorgeous little gem of a hotel - Service was absolutely impeccable and such a refreshing change for London. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. My husband and I were made to feel like royalty rather than paying guests. I won't go into detail about all the thoughtful little touches in the bedroom or plunder the pantry etc. as it has all been said before on trip advisor. It is however all completely true and the many 5 star reviews thoroughly deserved. If you are thinking of booking this hotel don't think about it just do it - you will not be left disappointed.

Room Tip: Perfect for a romantic get away.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 17, 2013

There are not enough stars in the Tripadvisor rating system to express the excellent customer service that I received at this hotel during a recent stay. I’ve stayed at many great hotels all over the world (Shangri-La, Raffles, The Four Seasons, Monasterio, etc.) but have never, ever experienced this level of care and customer service excellence.
Right after you book, the hotel sends you a questionnaire, in which you can request a special pillow from a very extensive menu (e.g., foam/feather, aromatherapy, triangular?, many others), book spa treatments, make restaurant reservations, and make other requests (e.g., a free yoga mat and DVD, an exercise bike brought to your room!). I asked for the yoga mat and DVD and for the bike, and both were waiting for me when I arrived. There was also a personal note from the manager and a platter of mini desserts, as well as olives/lemon/lime and ice. (The hotel apparently offers guests complimentary champagne on arrival, but I don’t drink, so I got tea and water.) The room itself, while not large, was very comfortable and the bathroom had all the amenities.
The turndown service included a hot water bottle placed in the bed!!! I’ve never had that done and I found it totally delightful. Somehow, it stayed warm through the night. I am always cold so this was such a great touch! The bed, the pillows, the linens, and the bathrobe (absorbent terry on the inside, smooth velour-type fabric on the outside) were of high quality. I planned to buy some linens for my house, but time got away from me and I had to catch a train. Next time!
The hotel itself is really cool. It’s a small boutique hotel in a great location (right next to the Buckingham Palace). I loved the décor and the bowls of red delicious apples everywhere (several hotels do that and I think it’s great – everyone loves fruit!). The executive lounge with the library and the fireplace is gorgeous. I spent one evening there sitting by the fireplace, with relaxing music playing in the background. They have this ‘plunder the pantry’ thing where from 8:30 pm to 1 am guests can help themselves to cold cuts, water, ice cream, and a variety of other foods. Other types of foods are available in the executive lounge before 8:30. Breakfast is also served in the executive lounge. There is an extensive selection of continental offerings (several varieties of fruit, granola, yogurt, breads, muesli pots, smoked fish and cheeses, etc.) I opted for a hot breakfast and had smoked haddock (or maybe halibut?) and soft boiled eggs. The eggs were cooked perfectly and were of excellent quality (the yolks were deep yellow!) and the fish was hot smoked (and served hot), a generous portion, and very tasty.
The most important distinguishing feature of this hotel, however, is the unbelievable team that runs it. Lauren, the resident manager, went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. The team even cheerfully (and at no charge) delivered something for me to a colleague’s office nearby on short notice. They really made my stay and I am planning to return at the end of February for a week-end stay. This hotel absolutely deserves its high rankings. All hotels should aspire to this level of customer service. Thanks again to the team (Lauren, Remus, and others) for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank giulietta429
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I wanted to organise a treat for my boyfriends 30th in January and started planning in November. Hotel 41 were brilliant, especially Monika who helped me decide on what treats I wanted in the room especially the more demanding ones such as 'please find me a room with a TV near the bed' and 'i want these dvd's in the room, can you find them?'. Completely accommodating with no fuss. Offered lovely romantic treats that was still within my budget.

Dinner was excellent and we ate in the lounge - a lovely cosy lounge, wall to ceiling with books, dark wood and a fireplace. Honesty bar, complimentary sweets and ice cream...

GOrgeous cosy rooms, remote controlled fireplaces and excellent staff. Can't fault it at all.

If you're looing for opulence and grandeur, ornate decor and fancy pants stuff. This isnt for you. Its personal, cosy, quiet. Like your own personalised hotel.

Room Tip: As its an old building, the rooms are a little creaky. But specifiy want you want and they will acco...
2 Thank Maymay84
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed here before and it's a delightful oasis of calm in a busy noisy city.
I continue to be impressed by the little touches - such as coming in to have a lovely warm lit fire on a freezing cold night and hot water bottles in the beds! I was staying with my mum and she was over the moon about that, plus the fact the slippers were in His & Hers bags, but because they knew it was myself and my mum they put in two Hers instead - it's just so thoughtful.

The staff as always are super-attentive and really pleasant, genuinely nice people and lovely to chat to. Lauren the Resident Manager had a lovely natter to us over breakfast and made sure we had absolutely everything we needed - we couldn't think of anything to make it a better stay.
Thanks to Lauren and everyone working there.

Room Tip: They are all lovely - similar black/white decor. Being in an old London building the room layouts a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank happy-boarder-chick
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Staying at the 41 Hotel is an amazing experience. From the moment the door was opened for we have been pampered in a trully fantastic way. The location, rooms and facilities are outstanding. If you ever want to experience what true hospitality is al about you should come over to the lovely hidden gem opposite Buckingham Palace

2 Thank Jurgen1978
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The words, professional come to mind as do comfortable, exclusive, well thought out, excellent breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well stocked of all those little things that make a trip just a little more special. Service was excellent with lots of people to customer ratio. I had breakfast there twice and some snacks both excellent quality with high service levels. The free ice cream was a nice touch even though it was cold outside we could not resist. We asked for Transport from airports as I was also on business and this was handled professionally as well. A great hotel to stay in London for business or pleasure. I have paid a lot more in other places and got much much less.

What did they get wrong, only one thing, after Check out I got charged for food that we could not have consumed. This was handled with speed even though it was year end and the amount was returned to my account within a day or two of me raising the issue. The same can't be said for other hotels who charge you after check out for things you did pay for or never used and then you spend months after them for a refund.

Overall a excellent hotel in London well recommended and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business