“A superb hotel and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
£50 Credit - Book Direct!
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Essex, UK
“A superb hotel and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

So many good things to say about the staff and this hotel. We found the rooms to be well appointed, clean and very nicely finished. The staff made us very welcome and the little extras made our short stay very enjoyable. The hotel had a classy feel with a relaxed atmosphere and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's not cheap but worth every penny

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Jason_Rees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Upon arrival at Hotel 41 we were greeted warmly in the lobby with Champagne followed by a greeting by the concierge who escorted us to the exec. lounge to check in. The concierge reviewed a preferences form that was emailed to us 2-3 days prior and which was used to book restaurant reservations and book tickets for a show. We then were escorted to our rooms for a tour, which to our surprise was upgraded as a compliment because we were on our honeymoon.

In our room were beverages of our liking taken again from the preferences form. The rooms were very elegant but not overdone and there were small, thoughtful extras for added convenience such as: a fully stocked desk, dental kits, heated towel racks, and the famous “Whatever Whenever” button. When we thought our initial impressions could not have been more positive we get a phone call from the executive lounge. The call was to inform us that some unexpected roadwork was to be taking place on the street that our window faced and they were concerned that we wouldn’t sleep well. We were given the opportunity to change rooms to make our stay more enjoyable. The room we were given was another upgrade to a junior suite, which was amazing! Every time we left the hotel the ladies working the lobby were ready to offer umbrellas, directions, taxicabs, and even bottled water. Upon arrival our first night was a tray with a large slice of chocolate cake that said, “Congratulations!” on the icing along with a letter from management expressing concern that the work outsides and the impact that it may have on our stay. Each night, we looked forward to the “Plunder in the Pantry”.

41 is a paradigm of customer service!!To be honest a five star scale isn’t appropriate because it would not be sufficient to delineate it from other nice hotels that I have enjoyed. 41 provides a very welcoming experience unlike any other that we've encountered so far in our travels. The staff members are of exceptional from top to bottom. They really have made hotel service an art form that would difficult to surpass or even mimic. If there were anything negative about our stay it was so overshadowed by the positive aspects that we have no recollection of it. My husband and loved our experience at Hotel 41 and intend to return in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JetSetterM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is probably the best hotel I have stayed in. Everything is perfect! From the personable service where nothing is too much, to the outstanding decor there is not one thing I would change. What it lacks in facilities (gym, pool, spa) it makes up for in feeling like you are part of an elite members club. The resident manager Lauren was delightful. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JetSetting30
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Warm and friendly staff, excellent service, and personal attention were all combined to make this a really memorable and special stay. I could not recommend this hotel more highly. The staff were willing to help with anything. We stayed in the conservatory suite...a bit pricey, but really really nice, and definitely worth a visit if you are in London for a special occasion.

Room Tip: We stayed in the conservatory suite...a bit pricey, but really really nice.
1 Thank Martin C
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I want to begin by saying that I own a hotel in Florida. I wish that my establishment could boast of the same exceptionally trained staff as the 41! What absolute pleasure from the moment we arrived. The staff is so remarkably pleasant and helpful. The facility, although lacking in amenities like spas and gyms, is brilliantly appointed. The rooms were clean, spotless, and tastefully decorated. Little things like champaign and turndown service allow this property to be every bit as classy and elegant as a Four Seasons type hotel. If I were a nicer boss, I would send my staff to the 41 to learn how it feels to be treated like royalty. I will stay at the 41 each time I visit London.

4 Thank Vincent P
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been instructed by my wife not to put a review on for this hotel as it may restrict our ability to book again next year! This is a perfect hotel for a short stay in London. The quality and attentiveness of the staff is exemplary from that first glass of champagne in the library on arrival to a farewell drink even after you've checked out. The rooms are cosy and well furnished to a very high level. It is also in a great location, a 5 minute walk from Victoria station and a 15 minute walk from Harrods. We will definitely try to have our pre-Xmas stay in London here in 2013. Cost wise it's expensive but not excessively for London and it's still good value.

1 Thank tbuae999
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

While not the most opulent hotel ever, hotel 41 is one of my favorite hotels in the entire world. It is tiny- but that translates into personalized and attentive service. I truly felt as if the staff was there to assist me with my Every need. For example, when I arrived, I was freaking out because I had just discovered hat my laptop did not have a cd rom drive. Within 5 minutes of checking in, they brought a brand new, loaner laptop to my room (with the requires cd rom).

The rooms were also super cute- each is a compact suite with a fireplace. The bathrooms are also fantastic- I can't remember a hotel with a stronger and hotter shower.

Needless to say, I will definitely return

• Stayed October 2012