“Magical Place”

Ranked #1 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Magical Place”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

What an amazing hotel. It is beautifully run and nothing is ever too much for the more than able hotel staff. This is our second visit to this hotel and we will most certainly be back again soon. Where else can you say you were greeted in London with a smile and beautiful glass of champagne on arrival. The rooms although a little on the small side are perfectly situated and you hear nothing from the other rooms at all, which is unusual with most new hotels these days. Bravo to all the staff for another superb stay.... We will be back.

Room Tip: A super place to stay in London
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lawrence B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had a long overnight layover flying through Heathrow so I decided to get a room and picked Hotel 41 based off the reviews.

This is a very quaint property just a block from Victoria Station. I wish I had more time to explore as I hadn't been in London in 25 years. I was able to go out the next day before my flight and walk through Chelsea and the Sloane Square area on a nice but damp fall day.

The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful and the room was spacious but they did upgrade me to a suite. The suite did seem to have one too many (3) bathrooms for its size but the rooms weren't big enough for anything else. The hallways are narrow and the hotel is a bit of a maze but that adds to the charm for me. It is across the street from the Royal Horse Guards barracks so I awoke to the sound of horses clomping down the street. Not loud or annoying and again it just adds to the charm.

The main room has 24/7 light snacks and drinks. The only meal I had was breakfast but it was excellent.

I will stay here again if my travels take me back through London. Hopefully, I'll have more time to explore and enjoy the surroundings and I'll bring someone along to explore with.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank RF69stang
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed at this fantastic property 2 weeks ago, when shopping in London. From the moment you enter a small lobby to check in with a glass of champagne upstairs - they make you feel like you are back home. Black and white theme - very nice. Room was rather small but I was away most of the day. Bed - so comfortable I had problems getting up! Room - spotless. Amenities - delightful. Food - delicious. Service - exceptional. A few names to mention. Monica - very attentive and confident young lady was fun to chat with. Magda - her smile made me feel most welcome everytime I was around. Victoria - very polite and professional. She remembered my favourite way of drinking tea and I was quite impressed! As I could see the hotel was very busy she made me feel like I was the most important guest in the restaurant (or lobby). Sebastien - very polite fine gentleman who not only had enough patience to explain to me twice how to operate air con panel but also checked with me later that day if I felt comfortable enough in my room. Everybody around was very busy but I felt like at home. Will defenitely stay again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CJNYC1969
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Simply the best hotel experience of a lifetime of travel. The concept of service, support and loft living works well to make the experience hassle free. Raid the pantry after a long day in London was an anticipated event. The staff was there to make your stay effortless. It cannot be improved on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel 41 in late September 2012. We traveled from LA to London to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and booked three nights. The class of service is unlike any other experience I've ever had at a hotel. There are only a few dozen rooms in the hotel, which allows the front desk staff to treat each guest as if they were the only guest there. The staff were friendly, helpful, and would work extremely hard to satisfy whatever need or request my wife and I might have. We felt like we were leaving friends we had spent time vacationing with when it was time to check out. It's located in central London, adjacent to the grounds of Buckingham Palace, a short walk to the Victoria tube station, and walking distance to Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey. This is the best keep secret in London, but probably not for long.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an interior only view, be sure and ask for view that faces the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lee S
Southern California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stay here in late October and early November for a week on the recommendation of our trusted travel agent. We loved the hotel. The location was very convenient yet out of much of the London hub bub. It is very small with all the rooms located on the 5th floor. A very attentive staff always tried to go the extra mile for any requests and always remembered our names and asked after our day. Our package included breakfast in the comfy library/reception area. It was always delicious. Food was available in a small area off to the side most times of the day and night as well as a well stocked honor bar. Our room was extremely well laid out and comfortable, but had no view at all. The bathroom was long and thin with an excellent soaking tub and a stall shower that must have been an architects nightmare to design as it was VERY small, though still quite serviceable. Movies are available from their well stocked video/DVD library though our TV was not compatible with the in room DVD player. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ochw
Calgary
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been staying at 41 for a number of years on business and vacation. I have found the location excellent with easy access to London being right across from Buckingham Palace and just around the corner to Paddington station. The staff here is excellent and always available to assist with resturant recommendations, reservations and I have found that in between meetings I can work in the 41 lounge, they always remember my name even when it is a few months between my visits. If you are looking for a unique 5 star experience with excellent service in a great location Hotel 41 is an excellent choice. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business