3,088 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle toucheslounge areathe entire stafffifth floor
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After a 5-week trip around Europe, my wife and I decided to change our existing reservation in Notting Hill and go a little luxe for our stay in London. We found 41 absolutely amazing from the staff, the decor, the food and the service - everything was exemplary.

While we had booked most of our tickets and dinner reservations the staff were always more than helpful - even when we extended our stay to 6 nights from the original 3 nights.

Unfortunately we won't be back there anytime soon (we live in Australia) but would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter d
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to book Hotel 41 after it being suggested from a frequent traveller not realizing this was #1 on TA. It was our 25th anniversary and so I tried not let the price interfere with making special arrangements. Prior to our arrival Hotel 41 emailed us to have us fill out a personal preference form...some were no fee and some of the services were at a cost. The form was not easy to use on the computer and it took a couple of tries to submit it, when I told them about this they had apologized and compensated us with a bottle of champagne on arrival. We also had rose petals and a chocolate cake in our room. We were spoiled here with the attention...the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We miss our late nights with Peter! We missed the executive study at Hotel 41 and the wonderful snacks provided throughout the day.

Room Tip: Our room was directly across from the palace mews where one can see the palace horses being taken out in formal fashion. The room was very quiet but small. Small bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twigthew0nderkid
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The 41 Hotel is a great experience. From the reservation process to the check-out procedure we felt very taken care of at all times. I traveled with my two children (7, 10) and my girlfriend.

Check-in which is usually something to forget about was nothing but a pleasure. Hot chocolate was produced in minutes as a welcome drink for the girls. The lobby/lounge is tasteful and very relaxing. A bonus was to be able to spend an hour or two in front of the fireplace in the lounge which that has the resemblance of an old “library”.
My children loved that they could “plunder” the pantry and get ice cream and fruits and dad loved that it is all complimentary. In the evening there is a selection of cold cuts and cheeses to choose from.

The staff´s just great. Friendly but professional, relaxed and efficient at the same time. They saw to any need of ours.

The only downside for me is that the 41 is an expensive hotel. I cannot stay here every time I travel to London as I would like to. Still – it was true value for us. This is a great property and I´ll place it very high high upon my list.

Best of all – the 41 is small and personal. Not like many of the more established hotels in London.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balmoral. Separate room for the kids. Really nice and tasteful room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JPF_GOT
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is well located and the staff are very friendly and helpful although sometimes verging on too attentive! The rooms are lovely and comfortable and the first night we returned to find candles in the room and Rose petals on the floor, very romantic. The rooms are small though. The breakfast was very good, eggs Benedict excellent, although service a little slow the second day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sleepingbeauty
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found your room to be very comfortable. Thank you also for your comment on our breakfast offering. I certainly believe that every day should start with a magnificent breakfast, and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our buffet. From Continental breakfast options, such as cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, cereals and pastries, to a full cooked breakfast, everything is freshly prepared and of the highest quality. I was thrilled to know that you particularly enjoyed our eggs Benedict.

It is also fabulous to read that you found my team to be so helpful and friendly. I am indeed fortunate to be working with such fantastic individuals and have passed your praise on to my whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team and shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Malcolm Hendry

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel offers good value for money, nice old world charm that has been kept up to date the rooms are great very clean and the staff are super friendly, i would recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting London I hope they maintain standard, they even booked our theater tickets

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business