“Loved, Loved,Loved it!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hartford CT
“Loved, Loved,Loved it!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the beautiful Hotel 41 for two nights. Arrived from Boston into Heathrow at about 6:30 AM. Decided to run over to the hotel to drop our bags, never expecting a room to be ready at that time. They not only had our room ready for a 7:30 AM check in but everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful and the room was quiet and lovely. The location of the hotel is within walking distance to many tourist attractions and very close to two tube stations.

I can not wait to get back to beautiful London and Hotel 41!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank leapinluluHartfordCT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Oh my God, this place is the best hotel I've ever stayed at! The rooms are spacious, spotless and nicely decorated! All the staff was just amazing, everyone was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again, thank you 41!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Clark_A877
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Staying there now as I write this review from the Executive Lounge - relaxing and having a drink. This hotel is excellent - surpassed only by the staff who are personable, friendly, and very helpful (what more can you ask...). Hands-down, my favorite hotel in London.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 174PaulB
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It exceeded my expectations, and that is after having read the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. Truly wonderful service and you feel pampered. We stayed for 3 nights in September and did the Best of British package. the tea master class was such a fun experience. They just have all the right touches to make you feel pampered. Worth the price. Central location was great - we walked to most of the sights and places we visited. I could go on and on but I don't want to be redundant from past reviews. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Very nice afternoon tea at the hotel- wonderful pastry chef and great selection of teas
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AandS_Norcal
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It was our first trip to London and I used Tripadvisor for the planning. Hotel 41 is everything everyone said and MORE! From the minute we arrived to the minute we left they made us feel special. We were directly across from the Royal Mews and they made us feel like royalty! Our room was gorgeous and spotless! The bed was incredibly comfortable and the pillow menu was so impressive! Our bathroom was fantastic - 2 Showers!! We were greeted with a large bowl of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries shortly after arrival! I mentioned that I was gluten free and they actually made 2 separate trays for our tea! They provided gluten free toast at breakfast - we had egg white omelets every morning which were delicious! They had a well stocked fridge with water and other drinks and pantry full of goodies all day long. The staff was so friendly and helpful. WE LOVED IT!! We were so sorry to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mbs5
UK
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I could go on all day and night but this is quite simply one of the best hotels you will ever visit in your life. World class service and the most charming staff I have ever met. An amazing experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank london24601
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is so over-rated!!

My lady friend and I stayed here for two nights in when we went to go see Madonna at Hyde Park in July of this year.

Briefly, because I do not really like to write bad reviews, I will list the faults of the hotel: breakfast is minimal (a member of staff tried to make me pay extra for porridge!!); you cannot watch the television in your bedroom from your bed; the toilet flushing system in our room broke; the sink plug did not work; the ipod docking station was not user-friendly; the bedroom was barely 4* standard.

This hotel relies heavily on the excellent service provided by the dedicated executive lounge team!!

I repeat, the quality of service is absolutely first class; whereas the hotel itself is 4* at best!!

Room Tip: I expected an AMAZING experience (based upon the reviews I read on this site) and was extremely disa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paulchristy
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was sorry to read that your recent stay at 41 did not live up to your expectations. It is disappointing to learn of the maintenance inconsistencies in your room, which have since been addressed, and of the fact that you found the Bose iPod docking stations difficult to manage. At the time of writing, these are the most up-to-date on the market and I thought very user-friendly. However, I will ensure that my team are taking enough time to explain their operation to guests during the rooming process.

With regards our breakfast offering, we really believe that every day should start with a magnificent breakfast, and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our buffet. From Continental breakfast options, such as cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, cereals and pastries, to a full cooked breakfast, everything is freshly prepared and of the highest quality. If there are any items that guests would like to see added to this, we do listen and in fact include many of our regular guests’ breakfast choices in their guest preference history, in order to ensure these are available when they are at the hotel. I would encourage all of our guests to let me know if there are any items they would like to see added, so that I can keep these in mind for when we next review the breakfast offering and arrange for them to be available on their next stay.

It is wonderful to hear that, despite the style of hotel that 41 is not being to your taste, you did appreciate the high level of service provided by my staff. Frederic and his team have such passion for what they do and do everything to exceed guests’ expectations. They enjoy providing our guests with the unobtrusive but highly personalised service, which is a big part of what makes staying at 41 such a memorable experience. I have passed your kind words on to Frederic and have also discussed all the points you raised with him. Thank you again for highlighting these areas where improvement can be found.

I am sorry that you did not find your experience at 41 as enjoyable as others on this site did but would like to thank you for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,