3,088 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle toucheslounge areathe entire stafffifth floor
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Wonderful, friendly, conscientious and helpful staff made our stay in this beautiful hotel a fantastic experience. The room was lovely, especially when decked out with candles and rose petals!

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I hugely enjoyed our stay at '41' for 2 nights last weekend.

The property was not originally built as a hotel, so the rooms are not 'cookie cutter' copies of each other, and ours was quite small. But, it was a complimentary upgrade from a standard Double, the fittings and contents of the room were well thought out, and the bed was huge and we slept in deep feathery comfort!

There are only around 30 rooms in the hotel, and the main public space is a large, bright and comfortable Library, with a cosy mezzanine level for extra privacy. The small number of rooms, the numerous well trained staff, their attentive but not intrusive service and the fact that checkin, checkout, meals and the bar are all in this one lovely space gives the hotel a small, cosy, comfortable atmosphere.

Speaking of meals, we particularly appreciated the 'plunder the pantry' feature, where the staff lay out meats, cheeses, fruit etc in a small buffet for you to help yourself when you get back from the theatre (or if hunger strikes during the night!).

The location is good, opposite the Palace Mews and convenient to Victoria Tube station for getting around.

Thanks to the constant attention from Frederic and his staff we truly felt welcome at 41, and it makes a welcome change from large, anonymous hotels.

4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I need a dictionary of superlatives to describe the experience here. Was it the chess game over canapes in the library lounge? Was it the complimentary overnight shoe shine service? Was it the offer of a choice of the next day's newspapers in multiple languages upon arrival? Was it the personalised card welcoming us to the hotel on our desk? Was it the Belgian chocolates and muesli bars available all day? Was it the surprise turndown service which saw our king size bed covered in rose petals? Thanks to the courteous, smiling and professional staff who outnumbered the guests, this is sure to be a highlight of any hotel stay. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

4  Thank jennz_aus
Reviewed April 11, 2012

There is so much I could write about this stay but to start with this was the best 24 hours (26 in fact) I've ever spent in a hotel!

I'll briefly start with a couple of small improvement areas - 1) the TV cabinet is mirrored and if you're not careful you could break the mirror as the door opens on to the fireplace, 2) black out blinds would be better as in the morning the room was a bit too light and 3) a bigger TV would be ideal (and would fit in the TV cabinet)

Apart from these points everything else was pretty much perfect. There isn't huge amounts I can add to the other reviews but I'll give it a go! My immediate reaction upon spotting the 41 canopy was I'm not too sure about this location as it's on a busy road but I needn't have worried. We were greeted on the ground floor and advised somebody was coming down to greet us and escort us upstairs. The chap who greeted us was Ramon or Roman (apologies but the name slips my mind) but was very welcoming and made us feel at ease immediately.

Upon arrival in the Executive Lounge we were seated at reception and offered a glass of champagne - if only all hotels welcomed you like this! After checking in we were given a tour of he public areas (admittedly small but it's a small hotel so it has everything you need) and then taken to our room and given an in depth tour of the stunning black and white themed room.

The room, as you can see from the photos, was stunning and a good size given the location. Waiting for us in the room were some lovely macarons (yes that's one "o" Karolina ;-)), nougat and chocolates.

The Executive Lounge came complete with free snacks and an honesty bar (with, for example, 6 different gins) so we made the most of us this and sat on a comfy sofa with other snacks, popcorn and canapes as time rolled away. In the early evening they also offer a "Plunder the Pantry" option which included, on our evening, a number of meats, cheeses, salads and fruits of which you can eat as much as you wanted.

Before we knew it the time was 9pm so we popped out for a quick walk to get some fresh air but we couldn't stay away for long and were back within 15 minutes. On returning to our room we found a birthday mousse cake which was stunning - it looked huge but was so light that we ate it all within a few minutes. The hotel had also spread rose petals on the floor, bed, bedside table and surrounding candles that they'd lit - it's these small gestures that elevate this hotel and help it justify number 1 hotel in London on Trip Advisor

Breakfast was very tasty and was in fact more like Brunch given we got there at 11.30ish - Full English and Eggs Florentine, although they did kindly give us a South African sausage to try, which comes highly recommended. As the hotel wasn't full the next day they also offered us a late checkout (4pm) and we were never going to turn that down!

However 4pm soon came round and it meant we had to leave (after spending 25hrs 45 minutes of the previous 26 hours inside the hotel)

Yes the hotel is expensive but for a special treat it's absolutely worth it - will I go back? Absolutely! I can easily see why some people have called this the most romantic hotel in London; I'd also say it's the most relaxing as well - if you stay here just stay in and experience the staff, bedroom, exeucitve lounge and ambience to its full!

2  Thank deekaypee999
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I imagine that people who spend thousands to stay in the best suites of the best hotels get treated like this regularly, but being accustomed to being just a "regular joe" staying in an average room, I have never experienced the kind of personalized customer service that we experienced at this hotel. One morning at breakfast, my daughter saw a tray of blackberries wheeling by, and said, to no one in particular, "yum!" 30 seconds later a bowl of blackberries was in front of her. Another 30 seconds later and the food services manager is asking her if she's "opposed to whip cream," and, upon receiving a negative answer, comes back with a gorgeous blackberry/whip cream smoothie he'd just made for her. We went to Cornwall for a few days and then came back, and everyone greeted us and welcomed us back by name. And then proceeded to upgrade us for our last night in London to a palatial suite. Staying there was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family