“Romantic, eclectic, boutique hideaway, in central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,086 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Romantic, eclectic, boutique hideaway, in central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a very special boutique hotel. The service is cheerful and attentive and was the perfect 20th anniversary treat for my husband and I. Our stay was made all the more delightful due to the fact that the hotel became a sanctuary away from a heavy snowfall. London had come to a standstill so after trudging past some familiar London landmarks in the snow, it was wonderful to access the delights of the executive lounge and snuggle by the open fire. An added surprise was the fabulous romantic turndown, with rose petals scattered in the bedroom and bathroom and floating candles. The anniversary cake, which had not been prearranged, but very welcomed, topped our evening. The breakfast was equally tasty and professionally presented and cooked. Would definitely recommend this hotel. An added quirk for us was the availability of a food menu for our for legged friends. I would assume therefore that there are even rooms available to dogs and their owners. Definitely worth a revist

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Papillon032

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

From the moment I set food in the classic entrance of the 41 Hotel, I was met with friendly smiles, great conversation, top class service and a lovely (and LARGE) flute of clear champagne. I have nothing but good words for this hotel and I highly recommend it to everyone. The hotel boats gorgeous classic english decor complete with mahogany oak, black and white checks and luxurious leather couches. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and luxurious. The executive lounge has a lovely private gentleman's club feel that I enjoyed immensely. My highest praise goes to the wonderful set of staff they have at this hotel. They were genuinely interested in their guests which is rare to see in hotels nowadays. Mr. Frederic Dallot in particular was fabulously witty and interesting.

When you drop by this gorgeous gem of a hotel (as you very well should), be sure to ask for the scrumptious 'Bloomberry' cocktail, a delightfully delicious signature concoction. There is no better place in London to spend your nights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Stephanie C
Shropshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

From start to finish, our experience in Hotel 41 was exceptional. As others have, justifiably, commented the staff are brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble and they look after their guests immaculately. The reception staff are geuinely interested in their guests and were excellent.

The lounge is lovely, well appointed and pristinely clean. We enjoyed a gorgeus afternoon tea there and then in the evening a crisp glass of chablis accompanied by delicious canapes. We did indeed "plunder the pantry" one evening, also delicious and served with grace by an ever helpful staff member.

Our room lived up to expectations and I am fussy about certain features such as the quality of the bed, little touches of luxury and the bathroom products. On all counts, Hotel 41 was perfect. The bed was exceedingly comfortable and I really appreciated the opportunity to request the type of bedding and pillows; I prefer duvets to sheets and blankets. The room was lovely and included two types of robes, warm and cool weather options and all of the home from home touches such as tea and coffee, iron, complimentary wi fi and more. The turn down service at night was a nice touch with water provided by the bedsides, slippers and a hot water bottle in the bed, and it was cold in London when we visited.

The hotel is very well situated for all of the main tourist sights and, of course, within a stone's throw of the palace. Bizarrely, we found it cheaper to take a taxi if were travelling within zone 1 of the underground map. Comfier than the tube and you get to see more.

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and would go as far as to say that it was the best hotel I have stayed in. Finally, two words to sum up: just go!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank JulieAnneD
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stayed for three nights in January and had a first class experience from start to finish. The entire staff were the perfect combination of professional and personable at the same time. We truly enjoyed our afternoon tea after a long day, with Michael being our server. The room was comfortable and well appointed. Thank you Freddie and Monika for a wonderful stay! We look forward to our return in December.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Mark S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

The world is a much better place for having Hotel 41 in it. I wish for everyone that they had a chance to experience it. It really is a treasure. Hotel 41 in London is a  real gem so if you get a chance, spoil yourself and experience Hotel 41.

This hotel is everything other reviewers have said in their reviews that convinced me to book it for my time in London.  I wondered if my expectations might be too high due to such rave reviews, but I was not disappointed (and I can be picky).  It's very professional but homely at the same time. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, any of the staff at any time....they are all equally helpful and lovely.

My son and I shared an 'executive room' with twin beds', room 4106. I understand all the rooms are all unique in some way. The bedding is very comfortable, I slept better at Hotel 41 than in my own bed...and I thought my bed at home was perfect!  The pillow menu was fabulous and a rather special touch. The room has a gas fire place which is perfect, especially since I was there when it snowed in early Feb 2012.

There is a  Mini bar, a room safe, a nice little wardrobe with a shoe/boot polishing service too...you just put your shoes or boots in the lovely wooden box and they come back polished. I had a wonderful day day in the snow, you should have seen Hyde Park blanketed in white....perfect.   I did so in my new italian leather boots and came back with them a little grubby. I pressed  the  "whatever/whenever"  button on my hotel phone and they collected them right away...that was 6pm and I had them back as good as new at 8pm!

Room service is 24x7 prompt and very helpful. The spinach and parsnip soup was divine! The bathroom had two showers, one over a long and wonderfully deep bath. Water pressure is good, sink is good, towels are luxurious. You even get a round lit magnifying mirror which ladies will appreciate. Everything has been thought of at Hotel 41. You get slippers and dressing gowns...yes, more than one....a thick one and a thin one. There is DND sign to hang on the door and also a button to press by your bed if you prefer that. Also the same for "pls service my room".

The 'pantry' is lovely, especially in the evening....something different every night. During the day there is fresh fruit and chocolate, dried fruit, bread, bits and pieces to help yourself to. At night...well one night there was amazing cheeses, delicious biltong, bread and the best prosciutto I have ever tasted, another time there was smoked salmon, cream cheese, bread, crackers, salad.....The  bar was very good, it's an honesty bar...though it didn't have a port or muscat.  Michael and Boris at the pantry were such delightful young men, both will go far in their chosen industry.  Michael one night was run off his feet and just delighted all of us....so much potential.  Michael also happened to make a seriously good Irish Hot chocolate. Magda was amazing, Julida and Freddy were really great, and also Julien and Jasmeet at Concierge. They all made us feel comfortable and provided excellent service at all times.

I met other travelers in the lounge area which was nice, one night there was me from Australia, a gentlemen from Washington and a lady from Belfast. You can talk to others or just read a book, browse the Internet, research your London guide book, chat to the staff about suggestions on your itinerary, or just sip a  cognac by the fire and ponder upon life....whatever you like.

I was also very impressed that the hotel is also pet friendly. We saw one well behaved cute little furry guest with a little jumper on during our stay.

Everything about Hotel 41 had a nice touch to it. They have a cookbook written with by the owner or head of the Carnation Group and it's a fabulous book...you can buy one, and/or the most cutest teddy ever and all proceeds go to the Starlight Foundation.

Hotel 41 has found a magical way to be. It can't be as easy as they make it seem. But it works and as others have said, Hotel 41 is hard to leave. Even my adult son who is pretty much non-plussed about most things, did not want to leave.

Thank you to everyone at Hotel 41 for making our stay so enjoyable and one we will never forget.

Room Tip: The only thing I missed in the executive room was a chest of drawers. I hung my tops, jackets and dr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Sky057
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at Hotel 41 in late January 2012 on the recommendation of my travel agent. The staff were incredibly helpful (getting direction, hailing cabs, storing luggage,etc.), the room was very comfortable (comfy bed and the bathroom had a shower and a tub in it). The executive lounge offers an elegant and quiet spot to relax at the end of the day, grab a snack, read a bit and have a drink. Room service was also very good. The location is superb, right next to Buckingham Palace and a 10-minute walk to Westminister Abbey. Close to Mayfair with great shopping and, if you're in the business, lots of hedge fund offices. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Charles S
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

41 Hotel at Buckingham Palace Road, London is just superb. This is how a 5 star hotel should behave. Warm and sincere welcome and service is second to none. Private hotel but it feels like coming home. Rooms fully equipped, even with Continental European sockets!
Ever heard a 5 star hotel offering you instantly a coffee or tea with your wake up call??
It's like you have your own butler. Breakfast delicious and again with top service and smile (!).
Although on a very busy business trip in London, I never felt more refreshed the following morning. Highly recommended! Great to learn that Superb service and luxury really still exists!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business