“The safest Hotel in London”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Mina Abdullah
“The safest Hotel in London”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at Hotel 41 and had the experience of a lifetime. Your every desire is taken care of and the atmosphere is second to none. Located across the street from Buckingham Palace was a plus as I was in London a few days After the Royal Wedding, 2011. You feel safe and pampered and I will return this year. The staff, Antoinette, Monika, PJ, and wonderful Magdalena were AWESOME!!!! They found me a program from the wedding, and trust me, this was hard to find. Thank you all for the top-notch service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank Sheila G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had visited Hotel 41 before and felt a certain trepidation about returning and spoiling what is a wonderful memory. If anything our second stay was even better. The consistently excellent service, the fine balance between precision, professionalism and warmth, the serice and care make this hotel one of the world's finest.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank drp62
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were due to stay here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon before jetting off to america for 6 weeks, we had 4 large bags and after we put them in the room there was not much space to swing a cat. The hotel executive lounge is nice but to be honest its a strange setup where its part of Rubens hotel. To be honest we stayed 1 night at a cost of £300 then checked into an executive room at the cavendish for half that price and the room was twice the size. There are far better hotels out there and its a shame its ranked no 1 as it is very misleading and we were caught out by this.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
19 Thank DuskAberdeen
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was concerned to read that you were disappointed with the size of your room. As a slightly older building, we do have a wide cross section of shapes and sizes of accommodation with varying furnishings. I am sorry that this particular room was not to your liking.

With regards to our location, it is true that 41 occupies part of the same building as The Rubens at the Palace Hotel, as with some other properties too. We are very proud of our links with The Rubens but equally proud of our individuality as a stand alone 5 Red Star Boutique Hotel. The Rubens is a more traditional 4 Star Deluxe English Hotel, and both hotels are part of a larger complex that runs the length of Buckingham Palace Road alongside Buckingham Palace.

I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The whole experience from start to finish was amazing ! From dealing with Jasmeet to confirm the booking, to being checked in (and out) by Magdalena - the service was first class. The staff treat you like royalty but manage to do this without making you feel uncomfortable. They will help out with anything from booking theatre tickets to even packing your luggage when you leaving if you want.

I booked the stay as a treat for my wife's birthday (They provided a complimentary birthday cake for my wife). Upon arrival we were escorted up stairs to check in and given a complimentary glass of champagne. Each staff member we encountered wished her happy birthday, asked how the room was and if there was anything they could do for us. The room was amazing, a really good size, decorated beautifully and containing all the things required to make your stay amazing. We had slippers, dressing gowns, heated towels, a choice of pillows and they even put a hot water bottle in the bed at turndown!!!!!

The food was great, breakfast was delicious and our meal in The Library restaurant was sumptuous! Made even more romantic by the fact it was a Monday night in January, so we were the only guests. The honesty bar in the The Lounge had everything you could ever want to drink as well.

I booked a romantic turndown as a special birthday treat for my wife. This included a bottle of champagne, candles, rose petals in the hall, the bathroom, the bedroom and on the bed and a selection of delicious strawberries coated in different types of chocolate. Simply stunning and well worth the extra.

Overall it was an amazing experience and one we will most definitely repeat in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Redmen1990
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2012

*in our opinion anyway!

My husband booked Hotel 41 for a romantic weekend away in December. He regularly stays in London and has stayed at some of the best, but for him, Hotel 41 gives a truly personal experience, something the larger hotels are unable to provide. Nothing is too much trouble for Frederic and his team. Adam personally arranged fantastic seats for us at 'Wicked' and because the hotel has such a lovely feel about it, we decided to eat there rather than going out before the show. The food was excellent and in the morning you could easily spend a couple of hours enjoying breakfast. 'Plunder the pantry' was perfectly timed when we returned after the show and the 'turndown' was something I have never experienced before. It seemed like every time we left our room we returned to a different surprise, whether it was olives and ice/lemon for our mini bar, assorted mini deserts, chocolates or floating candles and a lit fire. It is the small touches that make you feel like Hotel 41's only guests. As someone previously described Hotel 41 has the excellent balance of 5 star professionalism with just the right informality. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: We have only stayed here once which was in room 4101, this was a lovely size and very comfortable an...
7 Thank willk22
Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2012

What's not to love about 41? My partner and I stayed there for two nights from new years eve 2011 and were amazed, neither of us thought you could get such good service. The staff were first rate - polite, sensitive to our needs (and moods!), well informed about London and the local area, extremely helpful and were constantly looking for ways to make our stay perfect. The hotel itself was clean and well kept with beautiful furnishings, furniture and fittings. the rooms were perfect - lovely bathrooms, comfy beds, latest tech in TV's and CD player/radio, splash proof TV in the bathroom! Features wise, whilst we didn't really use a huge number of the amenities we were kept abreast of all they could offer - local gym, pool, spa and so on and everything seemed to be to a very high standard. The food was very good - my partner is from New Zealand and has never had a proper English Breakfast, Fish and Chips and so on. We ate both and it was absolutely superb. I am a fish and chips fiend and that was a special plate of fish and chips! As well as the classics that you would expect from a British hotel there was also delicious haute cuisine which was very impressive too. They also run a very clever, and free, 'plunder the pantry' service where cold cuts of meat, smoked salmon, pates, cheeses, chutneys, fruits and so on are left out for guests to enjoy when they are a little peckish later on in the evening. Again, a very nice touch very well received.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were totally happy and would have changed nothing. As a last point to sum up - we were late to book and so there was only one room available which, inevitably, was the smallest. However, they offered us a free bottle of champagne on arrival to help make up for it which was very well received. What's more, the next day they approached us, totally unprompted (despite the room being a little small it was perfectly charming and still very good) and offered us a free upgrade to a room which I can only describe as the best I have stayed in.

All in all an absolute delight and one we hope we can enjoy again. I cannot see any reason why similar couples, families or so on would not enjoy it as much as we did. Being a regular traveller and someone who is constantly in hotels for business as well as pleasure, I would rank 41 as the best I have stayed in. A gem of a hotel!

6 Thank Richard B
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at 41 in December and we had an excellent experience. It was my Dad's 70th birthday and the hotel staff and the beautiful surroundings made it a very special experience for us. The balance of 5 star professioanlism and informality amongst the staff makes the hotel feel special without it being formal or stuffy. I am staying there again soon and look forward very much to our stay. Thank you to Remus and all the staff.

6 Thank Abi M