“bland”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #435 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2007

its ok. Just ok. But god at that price Id want more than ok. Bland central. The staff were fine - but I wouldnt go crazy about it. For this price you can stay at the Milestone hotel - and their staff are good.

Stayed: January 2007
There are newer reviews for My Bloomsbury

Reviewed January 10, 2007

the location of MyHotel Bloomsbury is definately good, but comparing the price and quality it should be hovering above oxford circus to be considered reasonably priced.

We stayed at the hotel for a week and overall had no major problems with our stay. the room, a deluxe sized one, was small but decent for London. some setbacks included a squeaky floor, which made loud noices everytime I walked over certain parts of it. the room door had quite a gap underneath it and was poorly sealed, making even small sounds form the hallway hearable inside the room - probably the other way around too. service was ok but not special in any way, breakfast was good. considering the location, it would be a good deal for half the price.

recently I stayed at Radisson Sussex, which is located a block or so from selfridges - actually a better location in my opinion. price was almost half of this one, and considering the fact that hotels share even a rather similar style, I very much prefered the Radisson.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank DrBeuys
Reviewed December 14, 2006

One of the worst hotels I have ever had the misfortune to stay in.

First of all, my partner and I were allocated a room with a single bed...thats correct, a single bed in a four star hotel in Central London. Naturally we pointed out their error and we were then given a double room, overlooking the street. The room was absolutely tiny, when one of us was getting ready to go out, the other had to lay on the bed, as both if us couldn't stand up at the same time!

The worst thing however was the window. The one window in the room which was at head height when you were sitting on the bed (the only place to sit) had approx 3 inches of pigeon crap on the sill, which had endless cigarette ends sticking out of it...it looked like somekind of dirty protesters birthday cake! Vile

Service not good, bar staff outside on street chatting whilst waiting for a drink.

Avoid if possible.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank InAllTheRightPlaces
Reviewed November 27, 2006

Oh dear. This qualifies for my duff hotel of the year so far and I have stayed at dozens of places this year.

Things I liked: Plenty of wardrobe space (between the eaves); Bulbous drinking glasses in the bathroom; The bathrobes; Cleanliness was fine.

Things I did not like: Hard and uncomfortable seats that are meant to be used with the desks- mine looked as if it had been found in a skip (I did report it to reception but got no sympathy); Claustrophobic attic rooms Extortionate price (£220); Lack of mobility in phone (have to hit my head to answer it); Not being offered a non smoking room;
Not being able to see the TV from the bed; Solvent smelling towels; Awful desk to work at with slidey glass top
Noise from street (ok its London, forgiven); Paying for the internet with this room price! A bit worn feel about it (bathroom edging missing, holes in some tiles where old hardware had been?)
Fuzzy TV

So the price and this particular grotty room made this a disaster that I will not be repeating. Beware!.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business