“Welcome, comfy chic”

Ranked #418 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Welcome, comfy chic”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A really nice hotel - laid back but welcoming and organised. It's a buzzy sort of place with a cafe off to the left of receipt and a bar/restaurant to the right (Gail's Kitchen), so being on my own it was good to have a bit of life around. I ate in GK on one night and it was very friendly and easy. My room was fairly minimalist but comfy and quite spacious. I would have liked better blinds at the window as the building over the road kept its lights on all night lighting up my room. The bathroom was fine and clean with good toiletries. The hanging space was limited and open so not very aesthetically pleasing! I was working and this wasn't far from my office but very good also for holidaymakers as its a short walk out in to the West End. I've already booked another stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank oldrectorycottage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nottinghamshire, England
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have stayed in a few hotels in london and this one was by far the best. We had a small but perfect double room, very clean and bright. It was definitely big enough for what we required with a lovely comfy bed. The bathroom was clean and light and actually had a bath in it which was lovely. The shower worked perfectly too. All the little extras like toiletries, the range of tea/coffee and even a hair dryer in the room made our stay stress free. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The location was perfect for going to Oxford St, Leicester Square etc. All in all, absolute value for money and we will be staying again next time we visit London.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank TorLouise73
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at myHotel on a Friday night. On first impressions the hotel was bright and modern and happy chatter in the attached dining room made the right impression. We had a standard double which was clean although not massive but it had some nice touches, the teas and coffees were well thought out as were the lotions and potions in the nice bathroom. The room was bigger upwards than side to side so we were glad we were just stying the one night and the bed was a little soft for my liking but all in all a pleasant stay. Not one I'd give 4 marks to but I do feel a bit mean giving 3. More of a 3.5. Location is great for soho, covent garden etc and for the price we paid (offer through an app) it was a nice clean but small room in a good location. Would stay again though. Think my issue is more with London and what you get for your money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
bridport
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just returned home from a lovely break in London. myhotel Bloomsbury was just great. Location great,staff wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel away from the road and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank pinkandthin
Reviewed January 29, 2014

just returned from this lovely hotel, it was a faultless stay. the staff are just lovely and the breakfast was delicious. our room was a corner one on the first floor with a very large comfortable bed. cocktails were delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Cate K
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was ok, not terrible but really indifferent to my needs. Our room was tiny, barely big enough for two people to move around. Great location but really just an average hotel. Definitely not worth the price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick2030
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went for a full body massage at Jinja. I am familiar with the hotel but have not been there for many years. The reception staffs are friendly and courteous. I was then greeted by a very friendly therapist, Krystina. She then escorted me down to the basement where the treatment room is located. Initial impression when entered into the room was that I noticed used towels on the floor (probably from previous appointment) but it was promptly removed when I got in, otherwise the room is simple but did not find the decor consistent to the rest of the hotel's theme or should I say it does not look like it's part of the hotel (perhaps I am just being particular!) Krystina then went through my concerns and discussed the areas I would like focusing on and she concentrated on my troubled areas (neck and shoulders) with the right pressure which I was very pleased with. All in all it was a very pleasant, relaxing experience and fully enjoyed the massage as one should.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo