“Think I need another half a point.”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #418 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Think I need another half a point.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at myHotel on a Friday night. On first impressions the hotel was bright and modern and happy chatter in the attached dining room made the right impression. We had a standard double which was clean although not massive but it had some nice touches, the teas and coffees were well thought out as were the lotions and potions in the nice bathroom. The room was bigger upwards than side to side so we were glad we were just stying the one night and the bed was a little soft for my liking but all in all a pleasant stay. Not one I'd give 4 marks to but I do feel a bit mean giving 3. More of a 3.5. Location is great for soho, covent garden etc and for the price we paid (offer through an app) it was a nice clean but small room in a good location. Would stay again though. Think my issue is more with London and what you get for your money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
bridport
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just returned home from a lovely break in London. myhotel Bloomsbury was just great. Location great,staff wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel away from the road and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank pinkandthin
Reviewed January 29, 2014

just returned from this lovely hotel, it was a faultless stay. the staff are just lovely and the breakfast was delicious. our room was a corner one on the first floor with a very large comfortable bed. cocktails were delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Cate K
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was ok, not terrible but really indifferent to my needs. Our room was tiny, barely big enough for two people to move around. Great location but really just an average hotel. Definitely not worth the price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick2030
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went for a full body massage at Jinja. I am familiar with the hotel but have not been there for many years. The reception staffs are friendly and courteous. I was then greeted by a very friendly therapist, Krystina. She then escorted me down to the basement where the treatment room is located. Initial impression when entered into the room was that I noticed used towels on the floor (probably from previous appointment) but it was promptly removed when I got in, otherwise the room is simple but did not find the decor consistent to the rest of the hotel's theme or should I say it does not look like it's part of the hotel (perhaps I am just being particular!) Krystina then went through my concerns and discussed the areas I would like focusing on and she concentrated on my troubled areas (neck and shoulders) with the right pressure which I was very pleased with. All in all it was a very pleasant, relaxing experience and fully enjoyed the massage as one should.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BO0
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Lovely hotel, lovely staff, excellent location Will definitely be staying again. Breakfast, room , staff all excellent . Quiet location within walking distance into london. Just a 2 minute walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station

3 Thank Lesley S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We found this hotel on Groupon. The deal included a superior double with breakfast and a cocktail on arrival. The reception staff were amazing as I had turned up without a printed version of the voucher. The room was very nice. Very clean and had everything we needed for a nights stay. Again the staff in the bar were very friendly and we had a very nice glass of champagne as out welcome drink. Breakfast was adequate and of good quality. The coffee was delicious as was the freshly squeezed orange juice. The only down side was small portions.

Room Tip: A great deal