“When can i come back!”

Ranked #423 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“When can i come back!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have stayed at My Hotel in Brighton which is fantastic so decided to try another one to check it wasnt a fluke and it wasn't!

Great location with very friendly and informal staff, no stuffiness here. Rooms nicely done out and whilst not as roomy as brighton (it is an old building rather than a purpose built new hotel after all) it was still more than big enough. Very big & very cosy bed to crash into at the end of a busy day.

Will definately come back and will definately use My Hotel again.

Room Tip: Only thing i can think to say is we were on the top floor and was woken up by a pigeon cooing!
2 Thank robjo2212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Penn Valley, California
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We found my hotel Bloomsbury in Fodor's and are glad we did. It's a block and a half from the British Museum, has a relationship with a very good gym and is a short walk from the Tube and on good bus lines, as well as walking distance (in comfortable shoes) to Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, and Covent Garden. We were upgraded to a King Suite and found the room large and comfortable. The service was attentive and capable. Our only quibbles are that the room was not available as soon as promised and the bathroom drain was a bit slow. We'll stay there again and recommend it whole heartedly.

2 Thank travellermike95946
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended to have a treatment at myhotel by a good friend of mines from living social. I arrived at the hotel feeling a bit lost but the receptionist who approached me and asked if everything was all right guided me to the right place , I can't remember her name (the black girl) "dont mean to offend" but she was very helpful. I felt very relaxed after the treatment after a busy day at work. I recommend this spa she has a very soft hands and you feel relieved with any stress before. P Smith

2 Thank SmithPaula
Belfast
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just back from staying here and our experience was very good. Room was very clean feather duvets and pillows. Tea and coffee facilities and even hot chocolate!! Breakfast was basic called continental, granola, yoghurt, in a fruit compote with bread and pastries, served on a wooden board ours had wood worm hopefully long gone!! The butter at the table was put in with the jam in the same dish!!! I think this was because the tables were so small.
I would have liked a bedside table I had to use the floor for my glasses and book etc.
Bathroom was clean and functional. It is a great location and I would stay here again. Air con very good as the windows did'nt open and not too noisy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I read a few reviews before booking this hotel so was prepared for the small rooms. We were ok with the size but have a few friends that would struggle to make it work. The rooms were tastefully decorated and extremely clean, tea coffee biscuits towels pillows all good quality. Service very good and location excellent. Personally I thought it was good value for the money. Only one complaint thin walls mean we heard the couple rowing in the next room !

Cornwall
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Initial reaction to the hotel was one of very much a busy environment as the reception is basically a desk inside the main doors where reception staff greet you while working on laptops. The restaurant is close by and adds to the noise although not overbearing. The staff were always friendly, especially the young man who helped us out with a safe problem and they always made you feel at home which is nice.

The room itself is yes smallish (standard double) although for the price we paid still was to an acceptable level and better than i expected from reading previous reviews. It was clean (always the main thing) and the TV is an updated flat screen and had a stereo in there as well, air con worked. My main criticism of the room was the furniture which was your bog standard Argos flat pack cheap stuff, and the door catch to the toilet/shower room didn't work which meant it wouldn't shut properly (unacceptable really, a quick fix and should have been dealt with). Bed was very comfortable although i could have done with a slightly firmer pillow, they were sooo soft it was hard to sit up in bed. Noise wasn't a problem to me bar a car alarm going off one night but the hotel cant help that.

Continental breakfast was in with the price i paid from Travel Supermarket website (£95 Per night) which considering the location and 4 star rating I would say was good value.The breakfast was some sort of yogurt with nuts, coffee or tea, croissants and some fresh baked break, plus orange juice. It tasted nice and was nicely presented and the staff were very accommodating but i would have liked some more options offered like cereal as it got a bit boring by the third day. If i had to pay £15 extra per person for this then i would not have been happy. Never had a problem getting a seat myself so get down around 07:30am and you'll be fine, and the setting is actually quite nice.

Location is the major plus to this hotel, 5 minutes tops from Tottenham court road tube station, Leicester square is easily walk-able and Oxford street us just down the road. Also with a pub underneath a part of the hotel which is always handy for when heading back late at night.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, for the price we paid it was decent enough value (£95 per night) but wouldn't pay any more. Room could have been better but was ok, but small things like broken latches on doors did slightly annoy us.

Hope this review helps you.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The treatment in the hotel is very good, they are so friendly and make you feel so comfortable. Indira's smile is so welcoming and it makes me feel like I wanna come back for another treatment. Kristina is very polite and a nice person to have treatment from. I would recommend her to anyone as I already have.

2 Thank Aurea_solange