“So close to Covent Garden and Soho”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #385 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Las Vegas, Nevada
“So close to Covent Garden and Soho”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel with BA miles and totally enjoyed our 3 nights in London.
David at the front desk was great at checking us in and helping us obtain the UK converter for our computer. Zolinka and Victoria, also at the front desk, were wonderful in suggesting ethnic restaurants we were interested in eating at. Their suggestions were right on and we appreciated not having to wander around looking for good ethnic food.
Our room was quite small, but standard for Europe. It was clean and nicely appointed, but the mattress was not great. We enjoyed the continental breakfast of yogurt with fruit granola topping, fresh baked goods and a great cappuccino. We certainly loved being within walking distance of Covent Garden and Soho. We attended a play and took an all day bus ride into the countryside to Avon, Cambridge and Warwick Castle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
glasgow
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Booked the special Film4 Somerset house offer as a surprise for my husbands birthday. This deal was excellent value and I had previously stayed at myhotel Brighton so knew the standard this hotel group offer.
The staff were very helpful and friendly at all times. The woman who checked us in was exceptionally friendly but unfortunately I cannot remember her name. She wished my husband a happy birthday which was a nice touch. We were also upgraded. As we were very early for check in we went for a wander. This hotel is excellently placed to explore covent garden, drury lane, soho etc. The location is ideal. On return to the hotel our cases were already in the room. Also awaiting my husband was a card wishing him a happy birthday and an individual chocolate cake with a candle. I thought that was a lovely thoughtful touch and it was the most delicious chocolate cake. The room was an ideal size as we were out most of the time so don't see the point of huge rooms. It faced onto Bayley Street but we heard no noise at night. Bed was very comfy and bottles of water much appreciated the next morning! Breakfast was tasty and I would have loved to have gone to Gails kitchen for other meals but our stay was only for one night. The only negatives I would comment upon is the heated towel rails in the bathroom which are far too hot and could badly burn you and the lifts seemed a little slow but as we were on the 2nd floor we used the stairs. Yet again myhotel met my expectations and I would thoroughly recommend them. We hope to be back soon too.

3 Thank boshea70
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was booked as a last minute weekend away and we were very pleasantly surprised by how great it was. Staff were very friendly and we were allowed to check in much earlier than we expected. The decor in the room was lovely, it was immaculate and had all the mod cons, tv, hifi, fridge etc. We were there during the heatwave in July so we were delighted that the rooms had air conditioning. The rooms are small but since we were shopping and sightseeing most of the time it didn't matter. The continental breakfast was lovely and very well presented by very friendly staff. This hotel is just minutes away from Oxford Street so I didnt have too far to carry all my shopping. Reception staff helped us book tours, taxis etc. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to be back for some Christmas shopping.

Room Tip: Next time I will request a room with a street view as we were located at the back with no view but w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TLC61
Wick
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights last week, we had a huge room on the corner of the hotel, very clean and every facility we needed. We had continental breakfast of yoghurt with a fruit and nut topping and a selection of baked products which was really nice and tasty. The location was perfect for us with 2 tubes a min away and in general it was reasonably quiet for London outside the hotel at nights. I would have given 5 stars however there was a lot of noise inside the hotel early in the mornings and it sounded like chairs being scraped across the floor which acted as an early morning alarm clock apart from that our stay was excellent and would recommened this hotel for value and good service.

Stoney Stanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel was perfect as we were visiting the British museum then dinner at the Ivy, the hotel is in a great location for shopping too and the staff were great especially the bar staff who treated you like friends not customers , only marked room down due to size but that said it would be fine for one/two day stay.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Gary H
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as we were attending an event at the palace theatre.
Location is very convenient with a tube station 2 mins away. Distance was walkable both to the palace theatre and to covent garden.

Staff were very friendly. Room was compact but well equipped even with tape and cd player! (I don't usually carry either!) Magazines were also provided in room which I thought was a nice touch. Bathroom was spotless with toiletries and bathrobes. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Lovely cafe downstairs. The cakes we're excellent.

Milano
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It's a very nice and cosy hotel. Great central position. Comfortable room with high quality cotton bedding. Friendly breakfast café place. I've been there my teenager niece and she has been happy too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Anna C