“There are better deals in London” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #372 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“There are better deals in London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights.
The advantages:
Friendly staff, especially Juliana
Room size and room design
The dissadvantages:
The heater thermostat was broken; we ended up sleeping the first night with an open window (very noisy). The problem solved during the second day of our stay.
Noisy - on both days from 5:00 am started a sound of dragging from the upper floor.
Late check out - the night before we have been told it should not be a problem to prolong our stay. At 7:30 in the morning they asked us to leave at the checkout time because the hotel is full. Couldn't they see it the night before and let us know in advance?
Breakfast is not included.

We stayed in London for 5 nights, our first 3 nights were in Melia whitehouse hotel. Comparing both service and luxury hotel Melia Whitehouse was much better at the same price level and included excellent breakfast

Room Tip: Do not take room 115 it is too noisy, and each morning from 5:00 am there are sounds of dragging som...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hila_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Fernando was absolutely lovely on Check in/Check out and it was so lovely to find a cake and cookie in my room for my birthday. The cup cake was out of this world.
The room was perfectly laid out and the bed was so comfy.
Bathroom spoltlessly clean and a luxurious seperate loo!
I love rituals bath proucts and lathered myself in the cream. A rosy sensation.
Breakfast was delicious too, Gail's has settled in and the service was attentive and calm. I never have a latte for breakfast, but i'm so glad I did.
It's such a fabulous location, literally a five minute walk from theatreland and Soho.

Will be back. With bells on.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, with windows that opened. Perfect!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrlacy
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel but recently had a massage package at the spa and it was a-mazing. The massage was excellent and the therapist very lovely and professional. I was so relaxed afterwards! The treatment area is quite small - tucked away in the basement - but very well appointed and spotless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Whatkittydidnext
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were a group of 8 girls, and we had a great time in this clean and modern hotel. It is a 5 minute walk to Tottenham court road tube, and there is a Pret a Manger right across the road. We opted for breakfast included, which was nice, but I didn't see any advantage as you could have purchased singly all the items for the same price, and for £15, muesli (albeit yummy) yoghurt, coffee and croissants was quite pricey at £15. Overall a fab hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms over the pub!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked a room for my boyfriend's birthday.
The staff were extremely friendly and we got a wonderful room, room 301.
We really enjoyed staying in a smaller hotel as in the past we have stayed in much bigger hotels.
We can't thank the staff enough for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank jklondon_9
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My Hotel Bloomsbury is ideally located off Oxford Street for easy access to shopping and things in Oxford Circus and Covent Garden (10 minute walk) but far enough away to be quiet enough to sleep. There is a lovely street neary (Charlotte Street) with loads of restaurants. There is a Sainsbury (groceries) and Boots (pharmacy) just across the street on Tottenham Court Road. Regent's Park is about 10-12 minute walk away and Hyde Park is just down Oxford Street - so the hotel is well suited.
The rooms are small but have everything that you need. The staff was very helpful with making dinner reservations, calling for taxis etc. My room was neat and clean and everything worked just fine - all of the rooms are a bit different with slightly different furnishings.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor, not far from the pub on the corner but I could not hear anything fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by Giovanna whose genuine warmth & friendliness set the tone for an excellent 5 day stay. We had the My Place suite with only a winding staircase access, and yet the young man who carried our heavy bags to the room ( we had just arrived from Rome where we seriously gave the Italian economy a boost ), would not accept a tip for his Arnold Schwarzenegger efforts.
Whatever extras we asked for we got quickly and efficiently.
The room was bright, airy and comfortable and the staff at reception were always helpful & friendly. We will definitely stay here again. Susie & Robert from Cape Town South Africa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple