We stayed at myhotel on New Years Eve (2007/2008). Not many hotels were available last minute for a stay at this time of year so we considered ourselves lucky to get in anywhere.
The check in was fast. The hotel was easy to find (being just round the corner from the tube) and it was a few steps away from Oxford Street and many other attractions besides.
The rooms were nicely presented but tiny with windows that spanned from about waist height almost to the very top of their high ceilings. The windows had long blinds which did not keep out the light that well so I suggest you take something to cover your eyes whilst you sleep if this could be a problem for you. We decided that if the room had been turned on its side we may have got a size of bedroom compatible with the price we paid.
The bathroom was very small. If you sit on the loo your knees are directly under the sink (not good for my partner who is over 6ft tall)....Looking on the bright side, you could kill two birds with one stone by brushing your teeth whilst sitting there doing your business!
The bath(shower) had a fixed screen (not a good idea in a bathroom so small) which meant that you had to contort your body to get between the loo and the bath to enter it - a shower curtain would have utilised the space a bit better.
In general, the room was clean and modern with everything you could ask for except for the absence of a mini bar/fridge (oh, and a bit more space).
The price went up for New Year to around £150 for the night inclusive of breakfast - by the way, the staff in the dining room were very accommodating and the breakfast was both delicious and filling.
This was a nice hotel in that area but we stayed a the Jury's Inn and had a room 4 times the size for less than we paid here - the Jury's is also a very nice place to stay.
Don't be put off unless you are claustrophobic as this is a very nice hotel but then again don't pay over the odds for a room here either as you don't get a lot of space for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Classic in the Heart of the Action With its history of literature, philosophy and the arts, Bloomsbury is the central London sanctuary that inspires creative thought. My Bloomsbury is designed to do the same. Serene contemporary design guestrooms, comfortable hot desks and fine gastronomy give you a personal hub that is welcoming, laid back and easy. And with Soho, Oxford St. and Covent Garden just a stroll away; and trains from Euston and King’s Cross close too – the location is perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your My Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myhotel Bloomsbury London
- Myhotel Bloomsbury Hotel London
- My Bloomsbury London, England