“Not what I expected unfortunately”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #435 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Be careful when booking direct! the VAT is not included in the quoted price per night, very slippery myhotel Bloomsbury! Not nice, I thought I booked at £169 per night and when I checked out it was over £200 per night after they slapped on the VAT - Not happy!

The room was Very small and the bed was one of the hardest I've ever experienced and I use hotels a lot! Blinds don't keep the sun out so expect to wake up early! and there are no ironing boards in the rooms, you have to ask! for this price you would expect an iron! When will Hotels realise that to be able to iron your clothes is what ever guest at least needs in a hotel room WOW! I'm completely dumbfounded by the lack of common sense at this hotel! I also paid £15.00 for breakfast each morning so I was again expecting great things! well again, really quite lacking, the one morning I decided to order something hot (Poached eggs on toast they came out almost raw so I couldn't eat it. I wont be rushing back especially because I know of so many other fabulous hotels in Bloomsbury like the Beauchamp on Bedford Place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.
I was sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay and I would also like to apologise for the experience you had regarding the breakfast. Your comments have been addressed with the kitchen and our head chef have arrange for extra training to ensure every meal is up to our high standards.
We always strive to ensure that all our guests leave the hotel feeling that they had a first-class stay and on this occasion we have not fulfilled our goal.
I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance in the future for us to show you our true hospitality and high standards.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly should you wish to make any future reservations.

There are newer reviews for My Bloomsbury

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel was hip and modern and I appreciated the amenities, especially compared to most London hotels. The refrigerator was a luxury as it allowed us to keep beer on hand as well as snacks. The windows opened onto a Bedford square view, which was nice. The location was great as well. The bed was really firm, which was fine with me, thought the pillows were too flat.

The Little Waitrose grocery around the corner was very convenient for a cheap breakfast or lunch and the coffee shop next door was also good, with one of the best cups of tea I had in London. I'd love to have a Waitrose at home as I've never seen such a find selection of inexpensive prepared foods to go! The Jack Horner pub next door was also great.

I could not have afforded to stay here without the package I got from Preferred Hotel Group Reservations online, which had a book two nights, get one free deal. If you can get a deal, this is a great place to stay for a sleek and modern, young and hip room free of flowery frou-frou.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JPKC
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree with you that the shops and restaurants in this area are fantastic.
I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you about our webpage were you can find special offers and great deals when planning a visit to London.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Very good location, nice and cooperative staff. Quite small room but well equiped, suitable bathroom. Missing items: luggage rack and coat hanger in the room. Wonderful breakfast, served in quite small place, always overcrowded. Good free wi-fi in rooms and public spaces. Perhaps it doesn´t deserve a four star classification, but I´ll return and recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.

I have forwarded your comments regarding the breakfast to our Food & Beverage Manager who will investigate further on how we can improve our breakfast.

I was glad to read that you will recommend us in the future and I am looking forward to welcome you back when your business next brings you back to London.
myRegards

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I normally stay at chain hotels, but they are so expensive during the Wimbledon Final weekend and I decided to look for alternates. I am glad my partner found this one because the price is reasonable for it's location and hotel has its own taste. It is a short walk to Oxford street and Soho. The Tube is nearby. If the room is slightly bigger, it'd be perfect. Our room can nearly contain two people.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time share your great feedback.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too.
In regards to the room size, we offer several different room types at the Hotel from a single room to pent house. Pease do not hesitate to contact myself should you wish to have further information about the rooms and the different rates we have on offer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
myRegards

Reviewed July 9, 2011

myHotel claims to be a lot of things, and some are true. It's painfully hip, the rooms are pretty, and the bedding is FANTASTIC (I'm a huge hotel bedding snob). The single/standard room I had was laughably small; I stayed in a hostel in London on my last visit and had more space. The TV didn't actually work - I had to turn it on/change the channel on the actual set. The only light switches for the room were at the entrance; not a dealbreaker, but annoying when you like to read in bed and then go to sleep. The shower was insanely small. I am not a terribly big person, and I was bumping my elbows and knees. The internet access was horrible. During a 2 night/3 day stay, only my laptop was able to access for 1 evening. That's it. My other devices (iPhone, iPad) couldn't connect at all, and the hotel made no apologies for the lack of internet for the other time of my stay.

It is centrally located, and the beds were comfortable, and it's very near my office. But if I were coming back for vacation, I would select somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear guest,

We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the hotel which will be completed by the end of July. We will change furniture in the rooms as well as curtains and carpets. We are also currently looking at options for new TV’s in the hotel as we are aware that they need replacing. I have forwarded your comments to our IT team regarding the issues you experienced with our wireless network in order for them to address.

Once the refurbishment is complete I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance to show you all the improvements and upon your next reservation I would like to offer you a complementary upgrade to a larger room.

If you would like to accept my offer and make a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally arrange everything for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed here with my partner and it was a great hotel for the weekend. Room was nice and bed was comfy just what you need after a long day sigtseeing. it does say that the closest tube is Tottenham Court Road but this is closed until November 2011!!! but to be honest I think the closest tube is gordge street its about a 2 min walk from the hotel!!!

We had continental breakfast included was nice but the room they serve it in was a bit lacking in space only about 10 tables.

Showers are great and our room was quiet even with the window open you could not tell you were in london.

ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU DO IN LONDON IOD THE ICE BAR IN HEDDON ST DEFINATLY WORTH IT AND YOU NEED TO BOOK.

would also reccommend the Living Room to eat after that in the same st only 30 secs walk from the ice bar!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for your valued feedback from your recent stay with us.
Regarding the tube, Tottenham court road station is open for the central line as normal and as you mention should you wish to use the northern line Goodge street station is the closest one the our Hotel.
I agree with you that a visit to the ice bar is well worth it, a great experience and there are several nice restaurants in that area.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have been in this hotel many times. Decoration in rooms and elsewhere is really nice and "peaceful". Also the products in the bathroom and equipment in rooms are appreciated. Breakfast is one of the freshest and best around London (and the atmosphere is somewhat "peaceful" compared to big hotels). Also the restaurant and the drinks at the bar are good.

Only negative thing was, that they do not have their nice library area with couple of computers nor the spa-services anymore, really a negative change - it was so nice to come back to the hotel (after spending a day in the citye) and to sit down and fresh up before leaving the city (and picking up the luggage) after the check-out...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank apprendrelemonde

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.
We have changed our library to a larger conference room that is run by a company called Central. All our guests can still access the room at anytime as before should you wish to have a quiet place to relax or somewhere to sit and work. Our spa Jinja is still located downstairs and is up and running as normal.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself for any future reservations as I would like to give you a show round in the new facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.