“London Charm”
Review of The Rookery Hotel

The Rookery Hotel
Ranked #139 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here a few days at the very end of our trip last June. Our favorite B&B in Knightsbridge closed a few years ago and we were hoping to find a new favorite at the Rookery, and we sure did. The staff was excellent, exceptionally friendly and down to earth. The hotel itself was well designed with old world charm. The hotel was also peaceful and quite despite Smithfield Market being just around the corner.

Room Tip: Most rooms do not have a shower - ask if this is a necessity. However the tubs and bathrooms are bea...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andriana L
There are newer reviews for The Rookery Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over New Year's Eve and had a wonderful time! The Rookery was the perfect hotel to experience London for the first time. The staff was great and the bar lounge area was a great place to rest each night as we recounted the days events. We loved it and will be back!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a fantastic little hotel in the vibrant area of Clerkenwell, which is a good location for visitors to London. It has a distinctly English charm to it and is quite sumptuosly decorated as a result.
There are few facilities in the hotel but it more than makes up for it in style and comfort. The staff were also accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've just had a wonderful stay at this little treasure of a hotel. The room was cosy and beautiful with antique furniture and bags of character. The bed was really comfortable and we didn't hear a thing all night either, from the street below or from other rooms. The service was excellent; reception staff were welcoming and allowed us to check in early and our room service was friendly and efficient. We generally only get to stay in London once a year and this hotel was the best one yet. The only slight niggle is that there was no kettle in the room, so we had to pay for room service when we needed a cuppa, but the coffee and homemade biscuits we had were delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janette F
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is on cow cross street adjacent to farringdon tube station, i stayed there for 5 night in March 2012, It's a nice small and very well organized hotel. Hotel entrance look's like an apartment entrance, so i got confused but this is wat u get in business streets of London. There wont' be any big arrival lounge but room was fantastic.

Instead of room numbers, this hotel puts English names to each room. most of the rooms are small but decorated in royal style and i was having feeling of a king in my room. they serve breakfast in the rooms, which was very nice for me.

this hotel is very good for what you pay and you will not be disappointed incase you are not looking for other big facilities in the hotel, likes of swimming pool, clubs e.t.c...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mukesh81
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A beautiful hotel with fantastic rooms. We live in London and was taken here as a surprise by my fiancé - he actually proposed to me in our room! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were upgraded to Sir Walter De Manny on arrival and it couldn't have been more romantic.
I would highly recommend The Rookery and plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H_crawf0rd
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A friend recommended this hotel to me when I was looking for somewhere for myself and my husband to stay on our wedding night after getting married in Islington. I knew when we went to view the place it was perfect. I spent two nights there and my Mum did too - we had one double room and one single. My mother and I ate room service the night before the wedding (yummy) and the hotel accomodated me having my bouquet delivered there the morning of. Myself and my husband delivered ourselves back there in the evening for a drink in the honesty bar before bed and th4en breakfast.

It is utterly unique and excellently located - I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a stay in London away from the usual giant hotel / West End options.

Plus the free standing baths are extraordinary!

Thank you Rookery!