“The bed from hell!!”

Ranked #894 of 1,067 Hotels in London
surrey
“The bed from hell!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2007

I was seduced by the witty and attractive website for this hotel....the reality was different!The (triple) room was small and dusty. The bathroom was the size of an average wardrobe, containing a none-too-clean lavatory, a cracked sink and a shower with a plastic sliding door. The door to the bathroom was at the end of the bedroom through a sliding wooden door affording no privacy. THE WARMISH WATER IN THE SINK CAME OUT AT A SLOW TRICKLE
Windows had no double glazing, and the traffic noise was horrendous. Worst of all were the three iron bedsteads, in a row, dormitory-style. The matresses were lumpy, hard and uncomfortable, and the single pillow on each bed thin and hard.Breakfast is served in the room (no surface except the bed to put it on!) and consisted of orange juice, cornflakes, a muffin and a croissant with jam ....no butter. Tea or coffee had to be made in the room.
This hotel should forget the gimmicky decor and concentrate on giving its guest what they are really paying for...COMFORTABLE beds and CLEAN,MODERN AMENITIES.

Stayed December 2007
4 Thank surreysuperstar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Great price & great location. Near Paddington Station and Oxford Street. Chic decoration, but the room is too small. And the staff is friendly. ButI had the most scary experience in my life. The first night around 4-5am, I heard some noise from the ceiling. When I open my eyes, I saw a white guy in my room. I fall asleep again. Im not sure if it was dreaming. And the next day I told my friend, he saw the same thing too. We're sure the guy we saw is not a human!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank moncherique
YORKSHIRE
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I booked to stay at the Pavilion by telephone and was asked to give my credit card details over the telephone. Due to a change in my business schedule I had to to cancel the reservation, which I did by telephone four days beforehand. However the 'hotel' still debited my credit card with the full amount and refused a refund. The manager was impossible to locate, the Receptionist was rude and incompetent and a so called accounts manager sent rude and offensive emails. I would warn anyone against booking to stay here or giving out credit/debit card details as in my opinion they obviously lack any kind of integrity and are out to rob customers/potential customers. Be warned!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
9 Thank NAOMI255

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

oxford
Reviewed September 9, 2007

A terrible experience. This place was so bad that we walked out, despite having already paid for the night. No way were going to risk our health staying in this dive.

Filthy, smelly and run down. These words are not strong enough but will have to suffice.

Save your money and look elsewhere.

• Liked — walking out
  • Disliked — all of it
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank wilson66
Biggar, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2007

This place is an utter dive. The words groovy, trendy, fashion and zany are a million miles from the truth. The claims to celebrity status are a joke. This place is horrible. The bed I slept in was the worse bed I have ever slept in, in any hotel, anywhere in the world.

The room was freezing, it was noisy outside through the rickety single glazed windows and every single movement could be heard.

Anyone who writes anything positive about this hotel is either a liar or associated to the hotel in some way.

If you are used to staying in medium class business hotels such as Novotels then you are likely to be very disapointed.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Entering
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
8 Thank NEVETSON
Montana, USA
Reviewed July 10, 2007

This is the first time I have ever felt an obligation to write a review on a hotel so other travelers if they book here will at least be forewarned.

The Pavilion is a dive, a rundown old building badly converted into tiny little rooms. Our room was up four flights of tiny stairs, no lift available. Inside, the "Family Affair" room we had was so tiny you could barely walk around the beds, had only only tiny window and the decoration was so dark it felt like a cave. The "bathroom" was actually just a plastic "all in one" box like you might find in a travel trailer, about 8 square feet total, tacked into a corner of the room, could barely shut the door when inside. Virtually no water pressure for the sink or shower and toilet took three flushes to clear the paper. The "full English breakfast" was just dry croissants, lukewarm milk and a couple boxes of cereal. No coffee available except Nescafe packets on the wall. The only plug for the water heater pot was only the floor behind the dresser. The only bright spot in our stay was the front desk staff who were really pleasant and helpful in finding us taxis, info, etc.

• Liked — Location in London
  • Disliked — Everyting
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank GulchFamily
Wales
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to a non-stuffy boring hotel. We stayed in the 'Flower power' room in the Pavillion.

I have to say that I've stayed in a lot posher places and eaten nicer food. But I haven't stayed anywhere as quite as groovy as this joint. The room was like something out of a 1960s movie (e.g. Mary Poppins) and it reminded me of being a kid again.

In terms of the price, the location of the hotel and the facilities (friendly staff/excellent cleaning and OK food), I'd definately stay here again.

Stayed June 2007