“Absolutely Perfect hotel”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last two years and have also stayed at another Firmdale hotel (Charlotte Street) and cannot begin to describe how wonderful it is. The location is absolutely charming--Monmouth is a cobblestone street with lots of foot traffic. It is adjacent to wonderful shopping streets and has great people watching. One of my favorite things to do is have a pot of tea in the evening on the sidewalk and just watch as people go by. You are as likely to see working folks heading home after a long day as you are theater goers just out for the night and the occasional celebrity too.
The rooms are all unique and very comfortable. The beds provide an excellent night's rest whether you have jet lag or not. The addition of lavender spray upon checkin to help with sleep is just one of the little touches that make this hotel superb. The staff do a great job of remembering your name and helping with any need you might have. The restaurant staff remembers your drink order and recommends dishes based on your favorites.
When you stay at the Covent Garden hotel you truly feel as if you're the only person there. It's just fantastic. Highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TVBelle
There are newer reviews for Covent Garden Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2010

If you are looking for fabulous accommodation, wonderful service with a personal touch, first class food and a great location, this is the ONLY hotel to chose!
I have stayed in many hotels in London but this is by far the best one I have stayed at. It has a feel that you are staying in a much smaller hotel as the staff are so friendly. The furnishings are very warm and cosy and the room we stayed in was out of this world! I stayed here three months before this stay and returned because I was so impressed. I was worried they would not be able to match the service again.... I was wrong - They beat it!!!
Within two minutes you are in the centre of fabulous shopping and fine dining!
Strongly recommended!!
I forgot to mention the breakfast- Fabulous!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bryonif
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a few nights and had a wonderful time. I stayed in a Luxury Double with my husband, which was beautifully decorated to a very high standard. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was extremely quiet - quite refreshing for London. We ate dinner in Brasserie Max one evening and both agreed that the food was delicious.

I would absolutely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TinkleFoot
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and our best friends stayed at Covent Garden Hotel for a week in december 2009. The spirit of the staff, the environment, the surroundings gave us a perfect stay in London. We have tried several 5 stared hotels in London - no one matches Covent Garden Hotel.// Mads Dyhr - Denmark

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank mdyskagen
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I got to know this hotel 3 years ago and have been staying reguarly ever since. Once the hotel was fully booked and so I had to go to another one and I felt miserable even though it was a very nice hotel. For me the Covent Garden Hotel is like coming home to meet friends and family. The whole staff keeps me welcomed and warm and my room is always prepared to my full satisfaction.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Feli_W
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I have had a long weekend in London in November for the last 12 years. After 5 years at The Stafford, we decided (for a number of reasons) to try somehwere else. What a find this hotel is. Staff great, rooms excellent and the first floor honesty bar is perfect to relax in after dinner. The location is perfect - certainly for the restaurants etc that we want to go to. I agree with the comment about the internet charge - at these prices, it should be free but basically I could not find anything to fault.

Will definitely return in Nov 2010.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 5StarHongKong
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I decided to treat myself to a few days in London - and not worry about the cost since I wouldn't be there long. I had a lovely time. The hotel is located on the north end of Covent Garden, just above "Seven Dials" if you know the area. In other words, very convenient to lots of shopping as well as theaters, including the Royal Opera House - and if you're a good walker like me, it's really in the center of everything. Aside from theater-goers, the neighborhood attracts a young crowd - well dressed, bent on buying more lovely things and having a good time. Although it isn't cheap, the hotel was a bit of an oasis from the relentless retail therapy going on outside. Every member of the staff was friendly and professional; they made it seem like treating me well was the best part of their day. My room was lovely, clean, quiet, and luxurious. This will sound silly, but one of my favorite details is that they keep your room key (an actual key, not a plastic card) in a cubby behind the desk - just like in the movies! I have to say I found the lack of free internet (and the amount they wanted to charge for non-free internet) annoying. They do have a laptop in the lobby if you absolutely must - but it would have been nicer to pick up their network with my phone and do all of my research, emailing, browsing, etc. from the comfort of my room. (E.g. while lolling in my huge, sparkling clean bathtub. Don't worry, there's a separate shower ... over by the heated towel rack.) The only other downside for me, which hardly counts as downside, is the look of the place. If you're researching this hotel, you've probably read raves about the decor - all I can say is, to each their own. (Don't get me started on the magenta and orange color scheme in my room - you can see a photo of it on the hotel's own website and believe me it is every bit as, um, vibrant in person.) But I really did have a lovely time and I absolutely will stay there again if I find myself with the opportunity (and money) to do so.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo