“Indulge in Suite 303!”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions and I love it for its location - just off Seven Dials - plus because it is part of the outstandingly good Firmdale Group that includes The Haymarket, The Soho and others. But this time I had the extremely good fortune to be checked into Room 303 - an upstairs suite that is just knock-out!

It is a two-storey room with a wonderful lounge downstairs plus a dining area, a virtual wet-bar and typically stylish Firmdale features in terms of eclectic furniture and decoration ranging from antique pieces to archly decorated items such as watering cans!

Upstairs the bedroom area is fronted by a balcony overlooking the lounge and adjoining that is a dressing room and enormous bathroom incuding a steam-room feature in the walk-in shower - pure indulgence! Sadly, because I was on business I didn't get the chance to fully utilise the room, but I reckon on a sybarritic weekend with your loved-one it would be possible to enjoy an entire weekend without leaving the suite!

It also looks like you can extend into the adjoining room as they share a private hallway so families would be ideally served here.

Then of course you have all the other pleasures of the hotel - a buzzy bar and brasserie, a luxurious private residents lounge and honesty bar as well as a screening room and a gym. Then of course you can wander outside into theatre-land, Covent Garden and the rest of London!

Finally a huge thank you and thumbs up to all the staff - frienly, expert, relaxed and attentive. Helle - the GM - instills her own personality into the place and boy does it show!

Keep it up Covent Garden - I still can't decide which is my favourite Firmdale hotel so I shall continue to visit you all! But the new Ham Yard hotel could be a surprise!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Covent Garden Hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited London for 4 days in March and can't say enough about our hotel stay at Covent Garden. If you are hesitating because of the price as we were, you will not be sorry. The folks who work here will do everything to make your stay enjoyable. It is the perfect stay after a day of sightseeing. Our room was extremely private and quiet and the beds are very comfortable! Daily breakfast is quite good and they have a lounge with nice piano music for a drink before or after going out for dinner. They were very helpful in finding us a great hotel for our next journey to Paris. We will definitely stay here again if visiting London again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Terry G
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Having baulked at the price before, I was at a loose end, and decided to surrender to the advice of my many friends who've always stayed here. As a former London resident, I don't even like Covent Garden very much. I am so glad I did. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, and its discreet understated elegance. The room was large and very comfortable, with eclectic furniture which was both the antithesis of bland corporatism, and yet professional and sharp. Staff were delightful, and as for the location, it is both easy to get to, but not right by the noise of Longacre or the market. This hotel, or its sister properties, will be my London go-to's and at risk of ruining it for the rest of us, they should be yours.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We recently used this venue for a private party, the events team managed the whole event amazingly from start to finish, with all of our requests handled in a professional and efficient manner. A lovely selection of private rooms to choose from and amazing food when catering for large numbers.

The service on the day was outstanding, with so much thoughtfulness going into the event. We were looked after so well. We would not hesitate to organise another party with Phil Ford and his events team at The Covent Garden Hotel/Firmdale Hotels.

Well done and thank you again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I spent a night here after a late dinner. We checked in after work, had a relaxing bath and a quick drink before heading out, but this is more than a place to crash!

Our room was really quiet and we were not disturbed by any of the street sounds that some other local hotels suffer from.

It's a great base to walk to Soho, Covent Garden, Piccadilly, Oxford Street...

After our dinner out, we returned to the hotel and stayed up until 2am in the residents lounge, fueled by the honesty bar! Maybe that's why I slept to well!

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrkencho
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed here for one night, our room was lovely and the staff seemed genuinely friendly and welcoming.
The breakfast was a plentiful selection of fruit and pastries and freshly cooked hot dishes.
We would recommend this hotel and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had a working lunch with a friend. Wonderful service and a really lovely vibe. I had the tuna sashimi with salad - really first-class. I hope to return soon! The area is great and my favourite coffee shop is across the road.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends