“Window shopping”

Book In Advance
More Info
$74.82*
and up
Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private...
Ranked #39 of 1,912 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Harrods remains at the height of British luxury retail, attracting millions of loyal customers from across the globe with its unrivalled product selection, world-class service, innovative retail theatre and historic setting. The store was opened in 1849 by Charles Henry Harrod as an expansion of his humble East End grocery and tea business. Today, it is one of the most distinguished names in the world. Seven floors and 330 departments showcase the best of luxury merchandise, from high-end fashion and accessories to the finest homewares and the latest technology. There are 28 restaurants in-store; we continue to enhance our portfolio with Galvin Demoiselle, Bentley's Sea Grill, and the institution that is The Georgian. Customers enjoy a wealth of exclusive services, such as By Appointment Personal Shopping and The Penthouse, a private suite dedicated to unsurpassed bespoke service in a beautiful environment. Other departments include the Urban Retreat at Harrods spa, a theatre ticket bureau, and The Studio, the store's interior-design service. Qatar Holding acquired the business in 2010, and it continues to guide - and invest strongly in - the store according to its philosophy: Anything is possible. Harrods continuously seeks to surpass the desires and expectations of its customers, staying true to its original motto: Omnia omnibus ubique (everything for everyone, everywhere). Harrods is located on Brompton Road, near the Knightsbridge London Underground station.
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

I've been to Harrods before and I'll likely go again. It's not as good as it was ten years ago but is still a treat to wander around.

Highlights:
The food hall
The Christmas shop
The numerous little cafe's dotted around

Low points:
Bought shortbread as a treat and it wasn't very nice
Surly service at times
Some departments are so busy it's difficult to see anything!

Write a ReviewReviews (16,119)
All reviews
in 111 reviews
"shoppers"
in 367 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2015

As usual when in London, you cannot miss Harrod's. Unfortunately, unless the food hall wher you can have also your brunch, it losses many of the attractive things. Christmas has always been a must in Harrod's, but this year the Christmas world, was very limited.

Reviewed December 8, 2015

If it is Christmas time then it is worth it to check out the window decorations and the first floor decorations. Other than that it is just a super expensive department store that is over crowded and over hyped. Not worth the time you will spend trying to find your way around.

Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

This is my first ever review that I have posted on here because before I have never quite felt strongly enough to do so, good or bad.
The Pizzeria on the 4th floor of Harrods looked like somewhere we could all sit as a family, myself, daughter son in law and 1 year old grandson.
We were taken to our table which quite frankly without sticking your posterior in someone's face whilst they were eating you could not get to the back two seats, and I'm a 6ft tall, slim female so a weight issue is not an excuse!
Once seated and an awkward apology to the other guests which was took with humour fortunately we were offered some drinks. A glass bottle of coke is nearly £5.00. A garbled overview of the basic menu and a special which was inaudible.
We decided on 3 pizzas.
During our wait the waiter came to the tables either side of us and leaned right across the people whilst they were eating to "top their drinks up". I.E as this started only towards the end of the meal, it was a way of saying "hurry up we want your seat".
His personal hygiene left an awful lot to be desired!!!
So the Pizzas arrive and they offer the baby a plate ??? A ceramic plate?
Then a spoon (dessert) to eat jelly we had brought for him for afterwards.
I asked for three sets of Clean cutlery, as did the gents to the right of me at the start of their meal too.
Then ensues the "topping up my drink" and to top it off a female waitress did this, filled my glass as full as it would go and took the remaining 1/4 bottle away!!!!!!
I asked for the bill, I said that the service was poor to the waiter. They asked for my card , (my son in law paid)took it away and then pre-loaded the card to pay the service charge before they brought the machine to the table!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely that is NOT ON???????
By this time the baby was very tired and so my son in law paid the full amount of just under £80.00 with a 12.5% service charge.
We visit London every year several times from the other side of the country and even when it was sold it still seemed like things were good.
No so now!!
I will leave further info in separate reviews regarding other issues!!!
Stay away everyone and go to Selfridges, Harvey Nics, John Lewis, anywhere but here!!!!!!!

1  Thank Deb J