“The standards have dropped in the staff a lot!”
Review of Harrods

Ranked #82 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Harrods remains at the height of British luxury retail, attracting millions of loyal customers from across the globe with its unrivalled product selection, world-class service, innovative retail theatre and historic setting. The store was opened in 1849 by Charles Henry Harrod as an expansion of his humble East End grocery and tea business. Today, it is one of the most distinguished names in the world. Seven floors and 330 departments showcase the best of luxury merchandise, from high-end fashion and accessories to the finest homewares and the latest technology. There are 28 restaurants in-store; we continue to enhance our portfolio with Galvin Demoiselle, Bentley's Sea Grill, and the institution that is The Georgian. Customers enjoy a wealth of exclusive services, such as By Appointment Personal Shopping and The Penthouse, a private suite dedicated to unsurpassed bespoke service in a beautiful environment. Other departments include the Urban Retreat at Harrods spa, a theatre ticket bureau, and The Studio, the store's interior-design service. Qatar Holding acquired the business in 2010, and it continues to guide - and invest strongly in - the store according to its philosophy: Anything is possible. Harrods continuously seeks to surpass the desires and expectations of its customers, staying true to its original motto: Omnia omnibus ubique (everything for everyone, everywhere). Harrods is located on Brompton Road, near the Knightsbridge London Underground station.
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I went to Harrods yesterday and took the little girl I look after. There were staff standing near the door yet no one offered to open it for me and so I had to struggle through with the buggy. When I walked passed these staff I heard part of there conversation which turned about to be social banter.

I think asked directions to where I wanted to go and was provided with the wrong directions.

Then while purchasing a gift for someone the little girl I was with said hello and bye. The lady heard but did not respond. Which I found to be sad for the little girl.

Again I waited at a stall for 10 mins while staff walked passed me and didn't offer any help.

Then later I saw another group of 3 staff on the Disney level having a good old catch up.

The standards have slipped. It's such a shame. The staff need to be professional.

2  Thank Lisa M
David_Hunt_Harrods, Guest Relations Manager at Harrods, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

I was so sorry to read that you were unhappy with the service you received at Harrods. Please accept my apologies.

I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to address this issue. You can contact us by email at customer.services@harrods.com or by telephone 020 3626 7111. Please quote the following reference when replying CS405544.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and i walked around every level taking in all the items - the toy level, all the very expensive designer brands, the handbags, the food, the shoes the list goes on and on and on! We treated ourselves to sushi at one of the sushi bar (expensive but delicious) and we also went to the chocolate cafe and the lady very nicely treated us to a couple of yummy chocolates

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I love Harrods and I love london . I visit london every year in April or May .. Harrods is my first place to shop.. I hope I live in london forever

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I spent nearly 2 hours in Harrods looking for a SCOTTEVEST jacket which I heard they now carry.

I started off in menswear (ground floor), then looking in casual wear (lower ground), and sportswear (fifth floor). In each department I asked and got nothing but blank looks, no one knew what I was talking about and had never heard of the brand and just pushed me around from floor to floor to get rid of me.

I finally found two jackets on display in the travel section and the first member of staff I asked, working just 10 feet from the display said I couldn't buy them in the travel department, they were just for show. I finally did find someone who knew very little about the jackets and after all that they did not carry the one I wanted and would not / could not order it for me. So much for the best shop in London.

I often go there in my lunch hour as it is only 10 minutes away, but I won't be visiting any more after today's terrible experience. There are other designer stores nearby that might carry less stock but the staff don't mess you around.

2  Thank joes4u

I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to address this issue. You can contact us by email at customer.services@harrods.com or by telephone 020 3626 7111. Please quote the following reference when replying CS405540.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I loved this place, visited on the Saturady then went back on the Sunday too! The food court is amazing and the place felt very festive due to all the decor. I could have stayed there for hours.