Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $41.70
from $109.60
from $73.36
2,637 results
All reviews afternoon tea high tea lemon curd gallery restaurant diamond jubilee tea salon finger sandwiches welsh rarebit tea selection department store food hall beautiful store christmas shop shopping experience macaroons my mum birthday treat gifts
Reviewed today

Popped in for a quick browse en route home with a friend yesterday - the festive window displays were lovely as were the decorations inside. Just as well we had eaten before we visited because the wonderful sweets on display were hard to resist, but we did! Will definitely have to go again & stay for longer next time.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I loved everything about it. Yes, you must be prepared for £60 per person, but as a one time experience, I believe it's worth it. All sandwiches, minicakes, pastries are delightful. Our waiter Jose was really spectacular. He told us that the Queen comes once in a while and the salon closes for her visit.
The decor is just..as it should be. It's a true London experience.

1  Thank ViviToro
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I went there to buy some present for my in laws and also for my self! I love the shop, the posh building, the Xmas decoration and the stuff you sell. It’s just that everything was expensive and the staffs were not nice at all.

The majority of people who come to your shop are mostly tourists so I would suggest that you must train your staff to put smile on their face and act nicely to your customers.

Reviewed 4 days ago

There are a lot of Fortnum & Mason in London where you can have the afternoon tea experience. I made a mistake the first time and I should have gone to the flagship branch in Piccadilly. You to go to the 4th floor at The Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon.

The Good: The experience is pleasant and one of the must thing to do in London. Make sure you have a reservation. Best to go on a weekday. They have a requirement that you should order one tea set per person so you have to budget £60 / head. It nice to go with 4 people and we ordered the regular afternoon tea, the savory one, the vegetarian and the gluten free. You got to taste all and they replenish as many as you like. The scones are the best but the thick clotted cream and lemon curd. Best to eat it last or else you get full easily. You can take home the strawberry jam, lemon curd and the cakes. Make sure to dress nice but not formal or stiff.

The Bad: It's all carbs and it's a bit expensive. If you eat in other branches they can allow you to have one tea set to be shared for two but not in this room.

2  Thank ourawesomeplanet
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

As an absolute tea lover Fortnum & Mason is a perfect place for regular tea supplies; my last visit was so eventful that I actually got a few bags stuffed with various tins of tea... Many people think it’s just a fancy tea place... well, it is... but not only! It’s an absolutely majestic, very well stocked department store full of real surprises! Definitely worth visiting, a real gem in central London!

Reviewed 4 days ago

My son treated me to Afternoon Tea at Fortnum and Mason on Saturday it was exceptional, from the moment of entering the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon to the sound of a pianist playing on the grand piano.

I have never experienced such an extensive choice of both teas and a wonderful selection of food. We choose the savory afternoon tea which surpassed all expectations, finger sandwiches, Lobster and cheese scones, smoked salmon and lobster parfait and other delights, my favorite being the wonderful Lobster cocktail served in a delicate egg shell on a silver egg cup. We were looked by Aude who could not have been more friendly and professional explaining everything to us and really making sure we had a wonderful experience. We were offered more of our favorites and an opportunity to try a different tea.We were then asked to choose a cake from the cake table, as we were full we asked may we take them home with us, they were taken away and Aude returned with a Fortnum and Mason bag for each of us containing the cakes beautifully boxed with ribbon, scones and pots of Lemon Curd and Jams, how wonderful! Thank you so much especally to Aude.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

It is not just about a tea shop, it is a British London Lqndmark. Very British style and decoration. One of the best quality tea you can taste. Also, honey, British biscuit, chocolate, British desserts are there. I heard that Queen sometimes have her afternoon there

Reviewed 6 days ago

I was visiting London from Canada in October and a friend recommended the high tea at Fortnum Mason - and it was a highlight of my visit!

They have a very extensive tea list (important for me!) and I loved the variety and historical references (they have blends that they made to commemorate past Royal events, which I thought was fun).

I had the traditional high tea - it came with 5 finger sandwiches, 2 scones, and a small plate of desserts. You can get seconds on anything and I would have! but I was SO FULL. Everything was delicious. I had two pots of tea (the waiter said people get on average 2-5) - one white (Kotada Silver Tips) and their signature Royal Blend. You get to take the little jars of preserves and custard home too! Fun.

The staff was so nice - they took the time to explain everything and were very gracious in offering second helpings.

It's not an inexpensive outing (it ended up coming to about $100 CAD), but still, I enjoyed it so much - Highly recommended! :)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I love this place, the pride of Britain since 1707! Wonderful goodies await, and if you are a foodie, you would love this place, as it has some interesting condiments. Great tea, biscuit, sweets and chocolates selection, and wonderful customer service, always. I love coming here every time!

2  Thank l-globetrotter
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch today and were shown to a table where we settled and ordered.
Very poor selection of GF dishes...the only hot one was cod with spinach and wild mushrooms. I declined a side of potatoes as I don’t like them. Before the food came, Andrea a waitress asked us to move as we had been seated on a reserved table. She didn’t seem at all interested in our lunch experience . When it arrived the cod etc was in a bed of very sloppy potato.
I went to the cloakroom and my unfinished glass of wine was cleared away. Not a happy lunch.

1  Thank mevissapirie