“Nice walk, cool Peter Pan statue”
Review of Kensington Gardens

Ranked #36 of 1,749 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Separated from Hyde Park by the Serpentine, a lake used by boaters and swimmers, this park is calmer and more peaceful than its neighbor, and features many attractions including a statue of Peter Pan, Albert Memorial and the Serpentine Art Gallery.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife really wanted to see the Peter Pan statue. I enjoy making my wife happy. So we walked the gardens, I would call it a park. No matter what you call it, it's a good walk to the statue. Honestly I only went because my wife wanted to go, but having seen and touched the statue was pretty cool. Especially when I learned from others that it's suppose to be hard to find. I don't know why, it seemed pretty easy to me. Lucky I guess.

1  Thank Ruben-Anthony
Write a ReviewReviews (3,734)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a perfect place to walk around in the sun to take a break from the traffic and noise of London.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We traveled from Hyde Park Station using the Oyster card. In November, there is not much outside blooming but the Belle Epoch greenhouses not only are architectural wonders, they house numerous botanical species. The grounds, especially on a sunny day, are ethereal. There was an artist installation by John (I think) Nash and we took a curated walking tour that was excellent. There is also a canopy bridge for views from on high. The town is quaint and a food market was operating during our visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

After visiting Kensington castle we walked the gardens by the castle and then on to the park. Unfortunately we did not have a map and could not find Peter Pans statue which I believe is located by the River with the Italian Gardens and the pretty waterfalls. Maybe we will see them on our next trip. Park was busy with lots of dog walkers with dogs both on and off leash. We would have liked to see Princess Diana's play park with the pirate ship but we did not have any children with us and unless it is 930-1000am they dont allow adults in without children. From what I could see from the fence the park looked nice. Near the playpark there are bicycles for hire. If we would have had more time it would have been nice to go riding in the park.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great place for a spring picnic - pop over to Wholefoods to buy your snacks and drinks beforehand! Can get quite full if the day is sunny.