“Fantastic Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Black Taxi Tours

London Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #16 of 656 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Black Taxi Tours offers you the opportunity to visit and explore the sights of London from the comfort and convenience of an iconic London Black Taxi. My tours will show you some of London's greatest sights, providing you with wonderful memories of this magnificent city. I have been a licensed London Hackney Carriage Taxi driver for 30 years having passed the world renowned 'Knowledge of London' which involves several years of studying London. I am also a fully qualified Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, London Tour Guide. My aim is to provide you with a fantastic day out and an unforgettable tour of this great City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Snohomish Wa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Thank you Michael Churchill you are the best informed tour guide and
driver that we have encountered in all the years of travel.
Out of the way places that most people don't encounter and all the fantastic information that goes with it. We never would have been able to see and learn about the city in the short time we had in London.. We will book another tour on our next visit...

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sandra K

Margaret River Region, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great day out. highly recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Did the whole day tour with hubby and our 8yr old daughter. We all had such a great day. We visited all of the big touristy places like Big Ben, The Tower Bridge, Picadilly Circus etc etc but also visited a lot of smaller places that people don't usually see- Margaret Thatcher's house, Nigela Lawson's old house, The Princess Diana Memorial and the spot where public hangings used to take place. Michael is a very knowledgable man. We had a great day out and would reccommend it to everyone! Oh and- the heating in the taxi is so good! It kept us warm on the coldest day we had on our UK holiday.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank SKH81
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to appreciate London!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took my Mom to London mid-December 2012 as a surprise birthday present. After reading several reviews on TripAdvisor about London Black Taxi Tours, and how great Michael was at describing the city, I booked a 1/2 day tour via email. Michael made the arrangements easy to set up and we met at the appointed time in front of our hotel. What a wonderful experience over the next 4 hours! Michael drove us all over London, pointing out both better and lesser known attractions, and providing a detailed and interesting narrative throughout the tour. Whenever we wanted to stop and take pictures, or spend some time walking, he'd drop us off for whatever time we wanted to spend. I'd simply call his cell phone, let it ring three times, and then hang up as a signal for him to pick us up. Michael took us through many interesting sites and housing areas where celebrities either lived now or had lived in the past. Our final stop was the Grenadier pub where we enjoyed a traditional meal and local brew. He also provided us with various items to take home with us, and we appreciated his humor and tremendous knowledge of the city and it's history. I suggest you book with Michael early and take his tour at the beginning of the London adventure--it provides a great overview!!! Well done, Michael!!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Gary K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Tour Beyond Belief!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Michael Churchill and his London black taxi were recommended to us by a friend. Michael met us at our hotel and there began our intimate discovery of London. He was incredibly friendly, generous (He gave our two teenage girls and to my wife and I thoughtful little presents and helpful literature as memories of our time in London) and informative. I am sure that we saw sights that are not on the big bus tours, as we did go on one of the Harrod's bus tours later during our visit (disappointing). We ended at a pub off the beaten path, The Grenadier, which was clearly not on the usual tourist crawl path....a place that was welcoming, authentic and great cuisine. This is just one example of his originality in tour planning that make all the difference. I have already recommended Michael to one of my colleagues. There could not be a better way to get your bearings in Central London.

1 Thank Tom B
St.Simons Island, GA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm so thankful I spotted this taxi trip through London on Trip Advisor. As a former travel airline employee I have been on numerous trips and excursions. Michael Churchill really brought this trip alive by his well organized, careful planning techniques which allowed us to experience London in true British style. We were able to see a great deal of London ion our tour in only four hours. At the conclusion of our trip, Michael brought us to a delightful pub for a fabulous lunch and gave us some small English treasures. We will never forget our taxi experience and highly recommend it to others. Thanks Michael, we will really miss you.

Visited December 2012