“London Black Taxi Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Black Taxi Tours

London Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #16 of 656 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Black Taxi Tours offers you the opportunity to visit and explore the sights of London from the comfort and convenience of an iconic London Black Taxi. My tours will show you some of London's greatest sights, providing you with wonderful memories of this magnificent city. I have been a licensed London Hackney Carriage Taxi driver for 30 years having passed the world renowned 'Knowledge of London' which involves several years of studying London. I am also a fully qualified Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, London Tour Guide. My aim is to provide you with a fantastic day out and an unforgettable tour of this great City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“London Black Taxi Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The afternoon spent with you on your Black Taxi Tour was exceptional. It was exactly what we wanted to introduce our granddaughters to London. How you covered the high spots of your city was amazing and thoroughly enjoying. Seeing you there on time at our hotel was definite a moral booster for us after our 8 hour delay (thanks to Delta) and just what we needed to get our European vacation started.
Your aplomb and understanding of our desire for the girls was on spot. The quality of your commentary as we drove around your fabulous city was entertaining, informative and exciting. You seemed to know exactly when and how to visit areas and places with minimal delay and concern. Your air conditioned vehicle was well kept and comfortable. We much appreciate the informational packet and keepsakes you gave to us.
The Grenadier was an excellent recommendation offering us good food with historical ambiance
We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon with you touring your great city.
Michael, I highly recommend you and London Black Taxi Tours to anyone visiting London. Your tour is an excellent way to get overall knowledge of the city and to establish areas and places to visit on subsequent days.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank don p

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Book your black cab ASAP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

When searching for some tour companies to take us around while visiting London for two days, we ran into London Black Taxi tours online. Not knowing what to expect, we booked him for full day. It turned out to be the best choice. Michael (owner) was professional, punctual and full of knowledge. He picked us up in the morning and took us around London in his black taxi, which was delightefully comfortable and spacious. Michael also had good printouts of the attractions we visited for further reading. He was friendly and courteous to our needs. He even opened the door for us every single time we stopped to take pictures. Awesome. You get your money's worth and we highly recommend him

1 Thank Hana1983
Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceptional tour -- a must for a trip to London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

From the time I booked the tour (about 4 months in advance, but it's not necessary) to the time we ended our 8-hour tour with Michael in London on July 11/12, I had the most professional, attentive, and caring service. Prior to arriving in London, Michael took the time (about 8 email correspondences) to discuss our upcoming tour, provide directions and links, and share information about sights and tour details. Michael joked that, because we had shared so many emails before my arrival, his wife thought we were "getting on!" When we first met at our agreed upon location in central London, we knew we were in great hands with Michael. It was obvious from the start that he took great care in his business and aimed to treat his customers with the most exceptional service and care possible. His taxi is spotless, safe, and well-cared for. He treated us like friends from the start... knowing our names and engaging in friendly conversation. The tour was tailored to our specific likes and wishes, and Michael was a fountain of knowledge! Not only did he take us to our requested sites, he took us on some detours just to show us some more of the not-so-frequented visited places, but most interesting nontheless! He talked about the locations and their history, and provided information sheets for us to take with us while we were walking the sites. He provided us with a cell phone so we could stay in touch and call him as soon as we were ready. Like magic, he was right where he promised before we could even hang up! He booked us a lunch at The Grenadier and we were seated immediately. We found a friend in Michael, in addition to an exceptional, informative, and kind tour guide. He presented us with tokens of appreciation and we will forever remember our visit. When I return to London, I will definitely tour with London Black Taxi Tours again! I would HIGHLY recommend this activity to anyone, especially if you want a thorough visit to many key London sites without having to navigate the train system, busses, or drive around on your own. I could have never managed to get to all the places we did in one day if I was on my own. It's worth every penny (pound), so expect to pay for what you get... and it's WONDERFUL!

3 Thank greene_trip
West Lafayette, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband, daughter and I took the four hour tour with Michael Churchill on Saturday, July 21, 2012. Michael arrived right on time and was incredibly friendly, courteous and professional. The taxi itself was immaculate and ran perfectly. You can tell Michael takes great pride in his business.

Michael had a wealth of information to share about every site we visited. I especially enjoyed his laminated note cards about each stop we made. Michael would hand us the cards and we could read about the history as we wandered around for photos. We had requested some Harry Potter must see items for our daughter and Michael willingly obliged. He even presented our daughter with Harry Potter gifts at the end of the tour.

This was a wonderful tour of London. I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those making a return visit to the city (like us!). We booked the tour based off of the Trip Advisor reviews and were NOT disappointed.

2 Thank Allison L
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So glad we booked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My 13 and 16 yr old thought Michael was wonderful. I will recommend booking Michael as a tour guide to any of my friends who plan to travel to London. Absolutely worth it, our only regret is that we only booked the half day tour and not the full day tour. Michael planned our tour around my children's interests and did not disappoint. Thank you Michael we will definitely book your tour again next time we are in London!

2 Thank Dawn V