“I really enjoyed this art gallery!”
Review of Tate Britain

Ranked #66 of 1,874 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The home of British art from 1500 to the present day.
Reviewed May 20, 2015

This gallery was quite similar to the Tate Modern however, this art gallery only contained artwork from British artists. I really liked this art gallery too. Most of the paintings there were of people or nature. I didn't realise it was going to be mainly about nature but that was the main feature I liked about this art gallery. I would recommend going to this art gallery to anyone who enjoys looking at modern art. It is also very good for people who want inspiration for their art. If you go to this gallery, I would also recommend going to the Tate Modern!

Date of experience: February 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (3,492)
All reviews
in 61 reviews
"audio guide"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2015

I loved visiting the Tate Britain and will make time for it on future visits to London. I liked the dates on the rooms and felt I got an education on (some of) the history of English art. There are some very impressive works here, well displayed- and when I was there (on a weekday) it was not particularly crowded so I really felt I could take my time with the art. I also enjoyed a reasonably priced sandwich in the cafe. A good experience all around.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

Went to see the Sculpture Victorious thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than I expected.
Then went to Nick Waplington Alexander McQueen - amazing insight into his work

Reviewed May 19, 2015

I went to the Tate Britain on a Saturday ( first visit in about 4 years ) and I can only say how wonderful it is now the rooms are grouped in date order from older works from around 1560 to modern day. It portrays a wonderful history about Art and Sculpture.
I have however read some of the other trip advisor comments and everyone has there view, but I think some miss the point and don't have the knowledge they presume to state. I have been going to the Tate Britain for about 25 years now and went many many times from 1996 to 2002. The Tate Britain has ALWAYS had a mixture of older and more modern pieces on display and indeed with the introduction of the Tate Modern, it does provide more space to display older work, but how fabulous to create a display with BP to form a dialogue and story of Art that spans many many wonderful years of creative minds and talent. Just my view and I would hope that many others like me will enjoy this wonderful FREE venue, something in England is so kind to offer, as many many world wide venues charge at least £15 entry.