Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Tate Britain
from $102.90
More Info
3,442 results
All reviews hockney exhibition british artists pre raphaelite henry moore turner prize francis bacon rex whistler modern art permanent collection on display great gallery national gallery art lovers special exhibition beautiful building audio guide free entry
Reviewed May 19, 2015

I went to the Tate Britain on a Saturday ( first visit in about 4 years ) and I can only say how wonderful it is now the rooms are grouped in date order from older works from around 1560 to modern day. It portrays a wonderful history about Art and Sculpture.
I have however read some of the other trip advisor comments and everyone has there view, but I think some miss the point and don't have the knowledge they presume to state. I have been going to the Tate Britain for about 25 years now and went many many times from 1996 to 2002. The Tate Britain has ALWAYS had a mixture of older and more modern pieces on display and indeed with the introduction of the Tate Modern, it does provide more space to display older work, but how fabulous to create a display with BP to form a dialogue and story of Art that spans many many wonderful years of creative minds and talent. Just my view and I would hope that many others like me will enjoy this wonderful FREE venue, something in England is so kind to offer, as many many world wide venues charge at least £15 entry.

Reviewed May 19, 2015

The cafe was the starter as we were a bit jaded. Excellent cake and not too expensive. The building is magnificent and the collections are well worth a visit. A must see.

1  Thank Nikkijarmstrong
Reviewed May 16, 2015

have their work exhibited here and if you want to see Tracey Emin's bed or a couple of Hockneys or Hirsts then this is the place. I love this gallery because it is calm, and a lot quieter than the others, very good.

Reviewed May 15, 2015

We had not been to the museum since the renovation sand expansion. The collection is magnificent and the building worth the visit just to see. Unlike other London museums, it is quiet and visited by appreciative adults (ranter than rowdy, noisy, bored children and teens).

1  Thank FYICharleston
Reviewed May 13, 2015

Well worth a visit for the building and all inside. Also the cafe/restaurant is well worth a visit! I liked the relaxed venue and amazing history of art. The different shows on there means that there are new things to see for countless trips