“a rainy day treat”

Ranked #51 of 1,676 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The home of British art from 1500 to the present day.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

London's downpour didn't keep us from walking to the Tate Britain, an outing well worth the time.
The Museum has a wonderful collection of British artists going back to the 17th century. But the more contemporary artists as well as the sculptures were equally appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Tate Britain

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went to the Tate Britain last month and really enjoyed walking through the centuries of British paintings. I recommend this museum for anyone interested in British art history.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Over the years, I have been much more inclined to the modern collections of art which I had filled me with so much disdain before. I enjoyed walking around this moderately sized but unique collection of works which so captured my attention. What a lovely place!

1  Thank Jessa91
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent a wet afternoon trying to absorb the amazing Turner exhibition. If you have time take advantage of a guide who will explain the works in detail, then they come live. A wonderful place to visit and I never tire of it.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have not visited Tate Britain for a number of years, and found the redisplay of art in a chronological order to be an excellent way of showing some really wonderful pieces across the centuries. Really well done, and for the Turner and Constable enthusiast there is an excellent display of both artists work. I did not have time to visit the two paying exhibitions, as the rest was so good - something to go back for. This was an excellent trip and is to be wholeheartedly recommended.