“Man Ray - Exhibition”

Ranked #40 of 1,749 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous museum houses portraits of noted Britons from the Tudors to the present day.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Why do you let so MANY people in at one time ? It RUINS the experience. Will think twice before attending another exhibition here, enjoyed it when I could see it without being jostled or barged. £25 for 2 adults - would prefer you to not try and make us impersonate sardines for the privilege. Had exactly the same experience at the Courtauld Gallery ( Becoming Picasso ). Must be a London thing - been to plenty abroad where this is definitely not the way they do it.

1  Thank badgerfrombristol
Write a ReviewReviews (5,016)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited here for afternoon tea with my husband and son earlier this month. My husband and I had had a lovely meal in the restaurant 4 years earlier but the afternoon tea was over priced and not at all as we had hoped it to be, doubt we will go back again.

1  Thank Sherrille
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I can't say I'm the biggest art fan but we went to view a few particular items, In particular the new Duchess of Cambridgeshire's Kate Middleton's first official portrait which is there until June I believe but check on the website.
It's worth the visit. This portrait has been unfairly criticised in the press but wow! It's stunning and very different in real life!
We also viewed the Tudor portraits and its such a great collection and imagine very rare collection that is was in aw of!

To say this gallery is free its worth it even for a visit to a few collections. It has so much variety and well done to them for looking after the history.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We popped in thinking of spending just an hour and the afternoon just flew by. Get the audio guide, it was very useful for the older works. The 1990 to present section was amazing. It was interesting to learn that they now commission portraits of notable people so that the collection is ever increasing.
Well done and we must return. OH - - and it is free.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Being in London with nearly nothing to do made me go in the museum, although I had wanted to go for some time, this was the perfect opportunity to do it.
I was delighted with it, there is an endless amount of paintings, some statues, photos, etc. As a huge fan of Any Warhol, I loved seeing two of his paintings on the wall! And there was a small room dedicated to photos and magazine covers of Marylin Monroe.
Absolutely loved this museum!