“Simply gorgeous”

Guglee Swiss Cottage
Reserve with OpenTable
Guglee Swiss Cottage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,292 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line) Finchley Road (Metropolitan Line & Jubilee Line)
Description: guglee is a modern indian restaurant with two branches in swiss cottage, finchley road and west hampstead. serving truly authentic indian food, all our dishes are influenced by cuisine traditionally eaten across India. our menus reflect real indian food and culture with a special selection of indian street food snacks that are totally irresistible. our restaurants are stylishly designed, Our food is delicious, healthy and carefully spiced, Our wine selection, ambience and great service creates a unique vibe of modern indian dining in the heart of London. It is not just about experiencing a bowl of hot curry;it’s a guglee meal experience!! lunch, dinner or group bookings each restaurant has its own vibe and whether you want to book a table for lunch or dinner , call the restaurant for a group booking or order Indian takeaway online, then either restaurant will impress for your occasion. indian catering in north London catering Office lunches, birthday parties and banquets we can cater it... we provide the finest Indian catering. We cater for meetings, conferences, events, dinners,parties (private and corporate). Our food is made fresh to order. simply call one of the restaurants
Yorkshire
“Simply gorgeous”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was at least my forth visit to Guglee, but the first with my wife (I work in London). I had assured her that this restaurant serves some of the best tasting curry I'd had (I've had lots all over the world) and she wasn't disappointed. She had the Butter Chicken and I had the Chicken Jalfezi with garlic naan, mushroom rice (with extra garlic as requested) and saag aloo. The food was excellent and my wife went on to say this was the best Indian food she had ever had.
The service was very good and the staff extremely friendly. My wife even asked to meet the chef to thank him for such a wonderful meal and they happily obliged.
All in all, I can't recommend this restaurant enough to anyone looking for excellent quality curry in a friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Keep up the good work.

london
“Lovely place packed with so much choice.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went to Guglee last night. What I liked about it was the choice of food and it is not just your mainstream indian restaurant. We ordered the tandoor grill to share and the prawns were deliciously juicy. Actually the chicken and lamb were marinated well. It was lively and tender. It wasnt that spicy but flavoursome.

For the main we ordered the Railway lamb. Usually I'm hesitant to order lamb at restaurant as its not tender but this was.
Only thing I would say was it was a bit too mild for my liking. I prefer very spicy food!

I will definitely go again and order the street food as this quite rare to find in a normal indian non veg restaurant.

Added bonus the staff were nice too. Oh by the way the pistachio kulfi for dessert was a perfect simple dessert.

London, United Kingdom
“Well above your average Indian cuisine”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here entirely by accident, and glad we did. Well above average standard Indian fare, plenty of options off the usual menu, and faultlessly charming service. Highly recommended.

Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic !!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended Guglee by our hotel concierge. We could not leave the UK without an Indian curry ! This is one of the best Indian meals my family and I have had. We had the fish moilee, saag paneer, butter chicken and lamb biryani. Each of these dishes had their unique favors, unlike some places where everything is cooked in the same sauce.
We spoke to Nikhil who was one of the partners. There was a lot of passion and pride when he spoke about Guglee and it is apparent in the food and service they dished out.
I highly recommend this place and worth visiting even if you are in the other side of town. Make sure you have the biryani ! I'm surely going back :)

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“value for money”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

visited on a sunday, restaurant was fairly busy comopared to other restaurant around the area. decent decor but took me a while to get around the menu as different menus set/tasting/a la carte is put together into one so had to spend good 10-15 minutes to make up my mind and there was no waiter around to take the drinks order atleast anyways i ordered the mixed veg platters seekh kebabs scallops biryanis etc. the seekh kebab was a let down but other food was very good and after the initial 10-15 minutes the service was OK (not attentive) overall it was value for money the quality of the food is good compared to what you are paying. i will visit again when i am around

• Visited June 2013