“Excellent authentic indian cuisine!”

Guglee Swiss Cottage
Ranked #2,209 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line) Finchley Road (Metropolitan Line & Jubilee Line)
Description: guglee is a modern indian restaurant with two branches in swiss cottage, finchley road and west hampstead. serving truly authentic indian food, all our dishes are influenced by cuisine traditionally eaten across India. our menus reflect real indian food and culture with a special selection of indian street food snacks that are totally irresistible. our restaurants are stylishly designed, Our food is delicious, healthy and carefully spiced, Our wine selection, ambience and great service creates a unique vibe of modern indian dining in the heart of London. It is not just about experiencing a bowl of hot curry;it’s a guglee meal experience!! lunch, dinner or group bookings each restaurant has its own vibe and whether you want to book a table for lunch or dinner , call the restaurant for a group booking or order Indian takeaway online, then either restaurant will impress for your occasion. indian catering in north London catering Office lunches, birthday parties and banquets we can cater it... we provide the finest Indian catering. We cater for meetings, conferences, events, dinners,parties (private and corporate). Our food is made fresh to order. simply call one of the restaurants
London
“Excellent authentic indian cuisine!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This has to be one of the best indian restaurants we've ever been to. The curries are spiced to perfection. The waiting staff are highly attentive. The decor is modern and refreshing. Guglee gets full marks!

• Visited February 2013
Sachin M, Owner at Guglee Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to serve you.

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian Food in London (finally!!)”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have eaten all most of the top and/or famous Indian restaurants in London and have found that it's almost impossible to get REAL Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi food anymore.. the standards at the likes of Chutney Mara & Veeraswamy have dropped to the point where the curries are watery and bland. And legends like Tayabs and Lahore also have lowered their standards to feed the lines of wannabe curry fanatics queuing outside their doors.. Worse still.. the fashion for "trendy" Indian food started by Cinnamon Club has caught on and now Rogan Josh has become a rude phrase in such pseudo fashionable curry houses...

So, how refreshing it is to find a place like Guglee!! When I first looked through the windows, I thought it was a takeaway. When I read the menu, which was peppered with Mumbai street snacks, I felt that this place was a touch odd.. Chowpatty snacks on Finchley Road in Swiss Cottage.. hmmm... But then I decided to venture forth and go for it!

And what an amazing bunch of treats lay in store for me.. the most authentic pani puri.. just like in India.. the most rich Lamb Kadai and the most delectably tender Lamb Chops in a spicy sauce. YUM!!! Finally my quest has come to a (temporary) end in London. I have found REAL Indian food!! And you don't get ripped off unlike rip off joints like Moti Mahal in Covent Garden (read my review on that one too before you go!).

So, you MUST try out Guglee.. if you don't like it then well.. you don't know Indian food. I do as I lived in India for a while and I do as I am a chef (albeit a Cordon Bleu trained one!). My only grip is the wine list where the reds are a touch weak. Nevertheless, go, go, go and curry on down at Guglee!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Titillator
Sachin M, Owner at Guglee Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to serve you.
“Great!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant for a pre-theatre meal and had no idea what it would be like. In fact, we had an excellent meal, one of the tastiest Indian meals we've had in a long time! We plan to come back.

1 Thank AJG7
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our go-to spot for Indian food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Guglee is our go-to spot for our Indian food fix. London has a lot of options for Indian food but this is the place for North Indian food and street food. Family owned and run, this place has the service and food that keeps us coming back over and over again and bringing our friends with everytime. If you want your food a certain level of spice just tell them and they'll tailor for you accordingly. We particularly love the jhinga kalimirch (shrimp) and the chicken dishes.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sharlina
London, United Kingdom
“Good neighborhood Indian”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's a rare place in London where my wife could find the kind of Indian street food that she grew up eating. Though some items were a bit spicy for her, I found them tasty, unusual, and generously portioned. The spices of the main courses were nicely blended. Altogether the food had an authentic taste. It's not a particularly attractive restaurant, but keeping in mind that it's a neighborhood place it was fine. We were looking for a good alternative to the neighboring Indian place, which disappointed us last time, and I think we found it. We will go back for a wider sampling. I only wish Indian restaurants would also serve British ales, not just Cobra and Kingfisher.

• Visited March 2013
Sachin M, Owner at Guglee Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to serve real Indian food and glad you enjoyed your meal.The only problem for not serving British Ales is 98% guest coming to us ask for Cobra and Kingfisher. The only option other than Indian beers we have is Corona Beer on the menu as it pairs well with Indian Food.