“Very impressed - now added to my A List”
Review of The Hide London

The Hide London
Ranked #62 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Northumberland, UK
“Very impressed - now added to my A List”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

It is a 20 minute tube journey out of the centre but it couldn't be more handy for the Northern Line with a train every 4 minutes or so.
I was impressed. It has a very nice decor, pleasant and efficient receptionist; very nicely presented continental breakfast (includes meat and cheese with sliced bread not rolls). There is road noise in the rooms on the front but nowhere near as bad as what I have experienced on Gower Street in Bloomsbury and, with ear-plugs, I slept well on both nights in a comfy bed (executive double for single occupancy). The bathroom worked fine with good water pressure. Providing an IPOD dock was a real bonus.
Thank you Tripadvisor contributors - I would never have looked at Hendon if my usual hotels in the centre hadn't been booked up and I only booked it based upon previous contributors' recommendations. I will return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank firtreecott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I trusted Tripadvisor on this one and it paid off. Let's start with something slightly negative. The location is a bit off from the center of the city. However, I was just in town for shopping and found everything I needed and more very close to this hotel. There's a great mall called Brent Cross close by which had some really great stores and great food places like Wagama. If you want to travel a couple of bus stops further you can find the Staples center with really great bargains in places like Argos. I am a bit embarrassed to say that I never actually went downtown on this trip (but I've seen Big Ben about a million times already).
The single room was really tidy and and there was some nice L'Occitane bathroom amenities and complimentary Fortnum & Mason tea which shows they pay attention to detail. I noticed the same thing during breakfast with some nice exquisite brand marmelade and good coffee. Staff was helpful and accomodated my every wish and I had a couple. Thank you for a short but pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank K_S_Sjogren
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. Value for money is unreal when compared with most hotels in London. The place is spotless, and the attention to detail is unreal. Hendon Central Tube station is two minutes walk and there are plenty of free car parking spaces at the hotel. One of the best hotels i have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chrisuk1983
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I've stayed in the Hide hotel with a friend at the beginning of the month. The hotel is located a 2 min walk from the tube station. The hotel is very nice and clean, the room was a good size, complimentary water and teas, l'octaine essentials all were great!! The breakfast was very fresh and the selection was good. The friendly staff made our stay pleasurable!!! Definitely will be staying there again!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank GalGalGal
Oxfordshire
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This is my first review...I have never felt compelled to review a hotel before so please read and you will see why...
My Wife treated me to a Birthday theatre trip in London and found the Hide online. The hotel looked very swish in the photos and the reviews looked good so she booked it.
What an inspired choice of hotel.
When we arrived our room was not quite ready and the manager gave us complementary tea whilst we waited...not like the big chain hotels I have stayed in who have fleeced you for this tea....when the room was ready the Manager showed us around the room (I think he was the owner as you genuinely got the impression he was very proud of his hotel and really wanted you to enjoy your stay...it wasn’t like an American hotel where they are just after a tip). On our way out to go into the city I overheard one of the cleaners say.."When I have finished here I Want to clean in the reception"...The staff obviously take great pride in their work (I have worked in hotels often you just hear complaining from cleaners) and it was very refreshing to hear.
At breakfast we were met with a very happy waitress who kept the tea coming. We were sat near a couple who I assume were either Jewish or Muslim who asked for non pork meat with their breakfast as the cold meats on offer were mainly pork based...this was met with a very friendly and helpful response and a plate of the requested meat and a separate salad soon appeared for them.

I have never known such a friendly, helpful and work proud staff in a hotel.

There was a little noise from the road out side...but it was not enough to disturb.

4 Thank Holox
UK
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Central London hotels are often ridiculously priced so we were looking for something within easy striking distance of the centre by tube and free parking was also a good idea.

This small boutique style hotel has been fully renovated and custom created from two large houses on Hendon Way. the finish is excellent and the staff very helpful and accomodating. we arrived with friends and one of the rooms were not ready but we were all given coffee and biscuits even though we only had to wait 15 minutes for the second room to be ready.

The decor is modern with good facilities, wifi, lots of complimentary toileteries etc.
Good shower even if the bathroom was a little snug.
There is no restaurant but the breakfast in the lounge was very good with fresh coffee, pastries, cold meats and cereals to suit most tastes.

The location is not the most scenic and it is on a busy road but with good sound proofed windows and air conditioned rooms there is very little noise. Dont let google maps or similar put you off.

2 minute walk to Hendon Central on the Northern line makes travelling anywhere on the tube a very simple option. Free access to a local commercial Gym also included

Ideal for visiting London if you dont mind a short tube ride to the centre.

3 Thank Kevs_and_Deirdre
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for only one night but I can honesty say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the tube station and I found the staff were the most friendliest and helpful that I've ever come across-from checking in to asking for help to breakfast to checking out. When I was shown my room it was very clean and tidy and all the little extra touches like providing toothbrushes and toothpaste, bottles of water in the mini fridge, not just tea and coffee but hot chocolate and cookies aswell!! Just shows that they care and cater for different tastes. I liked the fact that the bed was more than big enough to sleep two people who like alot a space. The breakfast was continental style with bread, jams, cheese and cold cuts etc and although a hot breakfast would have been nice (especially on such a cold morning) it was enough to fill us up until lunch.

My only minor complaint was that I could hear the traffic outside (as my room was facing the main road) but all in all a very pleasant experience with this hotel.

I'd like to thank the staff for making it an enjoyable stay and I'd definitely come back.

1 Thank heartshaped_cookie