“wonderful little hotel”

Ranked #58 of 1,067 Hotels in London
canada
“wonderful little hotel”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. For the first two nights, we had a classic room, for the 3rd, we were given an exclusive room at the same rate as the classic. Both rooms were spotlessly clean. The exclusive room was far roomier, but otherwise identical to the classic. Staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Breakfast was also very good......an array of cold cuts, cheese, pastries, muffins etc. We were aware when we booked this room that we were a distance from central London, but Hendon tube station is only a very short walk from the hotel, and within under half an hour, we were in London. All in all I would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a budget type hotel with a bit of class, efficency, and cleanliness, without the exorbitant London rates.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Having read all the positive reviews on trip advisor, My Boyfriend & I decided to book for our weekend stay.
We stayed in executive room which was lovely. The gentleman who showed us to our room showed us all the facilities and how the Air Conditioning works etc, very helpful.
The room was spotless and luxurious!.. I especially liked the amenities such as L'Occitane, free minibar, in room safe, iPod dock & chocolates on arrival.
I also forgot my Iron, I rang down to reception to see if they had one I could use, and within minutes a lady was knocking on our door with the iron & ironing board in her hand.
The breakfast was good and there is plenty of food to choose from. We particularly liked the croissants & chocolate muffins!.
It is a 2 minute walk from the Hendon Central Tube which is ideal. There is also free car parking at the hotel, we asked the reception staff if we could leave our car after check out to explore London for longer and this was fine!.
I have no negative comments at all and will for sure stay there again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on a trip to London, based on the excellent reviews here. Expectations were met -- the hotel is new, clean, rooms are comfortable, shower is amazing, breakfast was excellent, size of the room is good for Europe, price was unobjectionable. It's half an hour into central London via the underground, but trains come frequently and the hotel is just a block from the station. I only hesitate on the 5th star because while it meets expectations and we had no complaints, that half an hour on the subway does make a difference. There's not much within walking distance-- there's a shopping mall about a ten minute walk down the road, but not much else. So you leave early, you get back late, it's fine-- but if you're looking for a place more central, this isn't it. That said, no complaints, excellent breakfast, all the amenities promised were in fact delivered, would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lawyer79
Bucharest
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very friendly and polite. Breakfast was very good with one exception which I do not want to share. Rooms are small but very cosy.
The location is not so good. Every day we have to travel with the tube for ~13 stations. In the area you have only 1 restaurant (chinese) and 1 pub.
I think it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My partner and I stayed here on a late booking, and having stayed in various other hotels in London and other big cities and being suitably dubious of star ratings and reviews, we picked the Hide.
We were in no way dissappointed. It took us a couple of goes to find the hotel as it is right on Hendon road, so blink and you'll miss it. However immediately that we entered the well presented and modern reception, we were greeted warmly and I was really struck by the great customer service, which is seriously lacking in almost every other hotel I have stayed in.
Breakfast was good, with a selection of food and drink that will get you started in the morning.
Even though the hotel is on a main road, the noise is absolutely minimal, and the rooms are amazing, really well presented and clean!
Our room was modern and very stylish - you can see that the owner has stayed in many hotels and picked some of the best ideas and married them with great decoration.
The bathroom we had was also really nice - a feature my partner took advantage of immediately after our long drive with a nice relaxing shower with L'Occitane products that are complementary.
This is not the kind of hotel that you would come to spend a week in without leaving; more of a fantastic little boutique hotel that is great after a day spent trawling around London.
Also ignore what some people say about it being a poor location - Hendon has great transport links, so my advice would be to leave the car in the carpark and get a travelcard - as the hotel is litterally a minute's walk from the tube station and buses that go to the centre of London, and if you don't want to walk anywhere, you shouldn't be coming to London!
And finally my favourite part was the sleep! This had to be the best sleep I have ever had at a hotel, with a comfortable bed and 2 excellent pillows (not just wafer thin ones!).
Overall we would heartily recommend the Hide, with amazing customer service, it feels a lot more up market than the price might suggest.

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank absolute_princess
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I found this place good. throughout our stay we were taken care off. The surroundings are also good. I will stay next time if I have future and help you as much as I can. There was good view from front desk cllerk. Good place for good person like me

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

What this hotel lacks in location (being a 40 minute ride from central London and near a busy road), and the small size of the room, they do their very best to mitigate by excellent customer service and the quality of the decor, breakfast, toiletries etc.

The staff were unfaillingly helpful and polite, the room beautifully furnished, so that made the short time I stayed there very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo