“A day in The Cotswalds”

British Tours - Day Tours from London
Ranked #47 of 731 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: British Tours Ltd. is Britain's longest-established personal tour operator established in 1958. If you are looking for personally guided day tours in and around London, extended tours of England, Scotland & Wales, and excellent tour guides, you have come to the right place.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mike, our guide with British tours was knowledgeable, prompt, friendly and offered extremely good advise when suggesting sites to visit. My only request was a comfortable vehicle (I am pretty tall) and a romantic, memorable place for lunch. He handled the rest and we saw Oxford (which we loved), Blenheim Palace and numerous villages in the Cotswalds. He knew all the histories and stories to go along with them. The country inn he chose for lunch was far more than we expected and was absolutely delightful. Our day in the country with Mike was a wonderful conterpoint to the time we had spent in London and really rounded out our week. British Tours came through.....thank you.

2  Thank David A

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I found British Tours through the Internet. I was looking for a private tour for my family (party of 5 adults) to Cambridge and hired them. Two days before the tour we changed our minds and decided to go to Windsor instead. I called on the emergency phone and, altough it was December 25th the phone was answered by Angela and she was able to accomodate my request and confirmed the change by e-mail the next day. Trip was wonderful and Rod, the driver, was really good. Car was confortable and we ejoyed the trip very much.

2  Thank MLFL
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Over the summer my girlfriend and I used British Tours to tour London and Paris. We were very pleased, so when the opportunity arose for me to meet my son in London for a few days in December I did not hesitate to call on British Tours once again. Jonathan was fabulous! I am sure that all of the guides from British Tours are experts in their fields, but Jonathan went above and beyond to make sure we maximized our short time in London. His knowledge of history was vast, but it was his flexibility and sense of humor that made it such a pleasure to spend time with him. We did an overview tour of London, a day tour of Stonehenge and Avebury (which is not to be missed!), and another tour which included watching the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace PLUS a visit to the Chelsea football grounds which thrilled my son! If you are looking for tours that will cover the major sights of London but will give you the opportunity to experience some of the lesser known treasures of this town then you should not hesitate to use British Tours. They are professional and more than helpful with customizing tours specifically for you and your interests. Thank you British Tours, and thank you again Jonathan!

2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just want to say WOW! In both London and Paris, these tours really MADE our trips! The guides were so much more than we expected, they were professional, knowledgeable, but more importantly very kind and helpful.

We booked the 4 hour tour in London and in Paris. We have a family of five with kids ranging from 3 to 10. The best thing about the tours is that they personalize it to you. What you get is a one on one tour guide who will take you on a customized tour to your preferred places.

In London, Harry took us to the place that Diagon Alley was filmed, to the Tower of London, to Parliament, and to hear Big Ben. He was awesome and worked for our schedule, we stopped for two snacks along the way.

In Paris, Herve took us to see all the great places that the impressionist artists hung out, he had an Ipad and showed us where the impressionists actually got inspiration for their paintings. He took us to Sacre Couer and to the bakery that won best croissant for years in a row. My kids LOVED stopping and getting a snack! We ended the day at the Luxembourg Gardens park, which was perfect.

We forgot several items in the vehicle, and Herve took care of leaving our items at our hotel and the company contacted us ON A SUNDAY when their offices were closed to make sure we were taken care of.

It was truly the best experience and we really felt that it made our trip!

I’ve told everyone going to Europe about British Tours, and if we go again we will certainly use them!

3  Thank HaveKidsLuvTravel
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family visited London over the week of Thanksgiving. My children (ages 12 and 10) and I had never visited London, and my wife had not been since she was a child, so we decided that an overview tour would be a good idea. Our hotel recommended British Tours. We hired British Tours for a 5 hour overview tour on the day of our arrival and a 2 hour tour of the British Museum the next day. It turned out that we had the same guide each day, Harri. Harri was wonderful; he was incredibly knowledgeable, interesting, kind and very funny! He was great with the kids and became an integral part of our trip. Since we met my mother in London, who has mobility issues, I decided to book British Tours later in the week to take us to Windsor Castle and Westminster and surrounds too, and again Harri was a wonderful guide! I cannot imagine a better or more entertaining way to learn about London and its fascinating history. I will recommend British Tours to anyone.

4  Thank William J