“Tour of the Somme Battlefields in France”

British Tours - Day Tours from London
Ranked #29 of 711 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: British Tours Ltd. is Britain's longest-established personal tour operator established in 1958. If you are looking for personally guided day tours in and around London, extended tours of England, Scotland & Wales, and excellent tour guides, you have come to the right place.
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The guide was extraordinarily knowledgeable and congenial. He picked me up at my Paris hotel and took me to all the places I have wanted to see for years. Then he left me with information and book suggestions for personal follow-up. The British Tours plan seemed customized to my wishes and interests.
He also arranged a wonderful lunch at a countryside inn. I will certainly consider and recommend British tours in the future. An unforgetable experience.

There are newer reviews for British Tours - Day Tours from London

Reviewed January 9, 2012

While in London, my husband, son and I decided to take a day trip to Paris. We did some quick research and tried to find a way to see the most in a very short time. We decided to go with a personal guide. We communicated with Aline from British Tours. She was so very helpful. She connected us to a lovely gentleman named Richard who met us at the Eurostar stop in Paris. He took us everywhere! He was truly a gentleman with a wealth of information. We would not hesitate to use his services again and Aline is a great new contact. Much thanks.

1  Thank Goalrob
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We booked a pickup from Heathrow Airport and then a guided 7 hour tour of London for the day. Ulla was waiting for us at the airport and then enthusiastically started our tour and first exposure to Great Britain. We saw everything we had on our wish list that day and it was spectacular. She was incredibly knowledgeable and helped us maximize the use of our London Pass which we had purchased in advance of arriving. She was very attentive to those kinds of details. Our second tour was out to Avebury, Salisbury and then a private sunset viewing of Stonehenge. It was one of the highlights of our trip and again Ulla went out of her way to make sure we really enjoyed ourselves and got the total experience we were looking for! Thanks to all at British Tours!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I only had a day to visit London. It was a stop during a business trip from Switzerland. I chose British Tours because it had a variety of lengths. I chose the 7 hour car tour. I was also happy that they would pick me up and drop me off at my hotel. Since I was going solo, it was expensive ($500+), but I figured it was worth it to get as much sightseeing as possible in one day. My guide arrived promptly. Unfortunately I have forgotten my guide's name, but he was an older gentlemen who provided a lot of information of all the sights we visited. In 7 hours, we visited: Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palance, and The Towers, plus drove around the city including passing Picadilly Circus. My guide dropped me off at Harrods at the end of the tour instead of my hotel (per my request) so that I can at least experience it during the holidays.

My only complaint is that I didn't realize I had to pay for all parking fees, my tour guides entrance fees, and lunch. This could have been my oversight for not reading the fine prints.

Overall, I'd recommend this company. You can choose to extend your tour (for a cost). Great way to see London via car.

2  Thank Lady_Diana98
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We booked the 9 hour Leeds Castle, Canterbury, and Dover tour with BritishTours.com, and we were not disappointed. From the start, they were very responsive and supportive of our requests on timing (we like to start early) and stops. We had to be back in town for a 7:30 show and really wanted to squeeze the Dover Castle in, but we found out as we got closer to our tour that it would not be open. Our guide was on time to pick us up from the hotel and filled much of the driving time with insight about London or the areas that we were traveling through. We started with Leeds Castle and although the castle was not yet open when we arrived we were able to head to the aviary. What an experience this was with the birds talking and squawking. The castle is very interesting and our guides commentary was very informative. Next we headed onto Canterbury where we had time to walk through the town and see the amazing Cathedral. Our guide was very flexible in what we wanted to see and how much time we spent here, in fact, we were just able to grab a quick bite and head to Dover. We saw the Cliffs of Dover, took a walk, and then on our way back to London stopped at the WW II Aviation Memorial which was very special and provided another view of the cliffs. The driver found his way quickly through the traffic and dropped us off in more than enough time to make our show. We generally try to do Grayline type tours but needed to do a private tour this time because of our timing. It was great to have our own personal guide/driver, and we certainly would recommend British Tours. The only negative for us was the overall cost, but we did not feel that we were shortchanged.