Number Sixteen
$212
$155
Novotel
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$161
Orbitz.com
$754
$629
  • Restaurant
All reviewssouth kensingtonhonesty barfirmdale hotelskit kempafternoon teaboutique hotelhonor barsouth ken tubehour room servicedrawing roomsmall hotelnatural historycommon areasbreakfast room issingle roomhome from homethe general manager
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It is a super stylish hotel on a very pretty street in South Kensington. We booked a superior room and, while it was strikingly decorated in pinks and flannel grays, it was small with a tiny closet space and no place to store luggage but within the room, making the living space that much smaller. The bathroom was equally small with a tiny sink and a side shelf to store the necessaries. Again, super chic, alas another meter of space (for the price) would do wonders.

Service is exceptional at the front desk and in the common areas. However, the staff are young, mostly Eastern European guest workers, which did not appear to have enough knowledge and experience with local restaurants. While one of the recommended restaurants (Tom's Kitchen) was good, the other (Bumpkin) was a disappointment. Hence, do your homework prior to arriving in London and do not rely on the suggestions of the staff.

This is certainly not a budget type of a hotel; however, there is no excuse for a 20 pound per day WiFi charge, as there is no excuse for an 18 pound continental breakfast, or a 13 pound glass of an average champagne from the honesty bar. We found those extras to be too much of a nickel and diming of the guests. Just walk out the front door and there are many wonderful breakfast and pub options.

Room Tip: Splurge for the higher category rooms for more space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Anna G
Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a wonderful little hotel in Chelsea. Only reason it didn't get 5 stars was they couldn't get air to my room as I visited during the summer and it was one of the few warm days in the UK. They had a wonderful English Breakfast. The rooms while small (I think that's standard for London) were well put together and clean. The service was excellent. I absolutely loved the location which was close to everything it seemed while retaining a quite home like feel. I will stay here again when I visit London.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gdclark77
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My darling treat me to stay in this lovely hotel when we go to London for shopping or theatre I absolutely love room 7 it's the biggest and breakfast is delicious!Service is very high quality they always take our car to be parked,lend me umbrela when I forget and we usually get deal with bubbly welcome drink.I would very recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Petty16
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Good: lovely street in So.Kensington, close to the Tube, beautiful B&B with exquisite decor, spacious room with large bathroom (we were in the 'basement' & the room looked as though it had been recently redecorated), FABULOUS bed with lovely linen, nice amenities in the bathroom.
The Bad: our room was right on the street and we did get noise, the breakfast (not included) was mediocre, you have to pay an outrageous sum for WiFi (you'd think in this upscale property it would be included), we asked them to call a cab for us the following morning and they forgot, they tried to charge us for champagne from the minibar (we never even opened the minibar.)
The Bottom Line: Even though it was a beautiful place, there was enough not to like that we'd find a different place to stay next time we're in London.

Room Tip: Avoid the 'basement' and rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Chelsea42
Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a lovely hotel! I was taken here on a surprise romantic getaway by my husband. The staff were very welcoming and took care of all our needs. We were offered a welcome drink which I thought was a nice touch. The room was really lovely with great amenities. (it was a bit cold as it was partially the basement but it was late Sept and quite nice weather in London that year ). I had breakfast on the last day (ordered from the menu) and it was great. Plentiful and they bring you loads of tea and jam! The buffet selection seemed abundant and very fresh. The sitting room is a great place to relax with the possibility of checking your email from the computer available.
A great location: close to the Tube, loads of restaurants, bookshops, museums and Boujis nightclub if you can get in ;p. You can literally walk everywhere from there.
We spent most of our time in London exploring the great city that it is so really spent minimal time in our hotel and can't really comment on any negative aspect. Therefore, a great experience overall. I would recommend this place and definitely return for my next stay in London!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple