I was there with a friend for three nights and I could find:
+well located, very near to Kings Cross station
+ nice atmosphere, with kind staff, good common room and pub where you could meet other people and interact..and so on, that was pretty nice!
+ I stayed in the 16-bed-female room, but it was OK, as it is said on the website, you don't feel it is that big, because there is a wall dividing the room into two
+ the room was quite clean and the bed pretty comfortable
- my friend and I had to wait because our beds were not ready when we arrived (even if we arrived in the hostel late, at 23h or so) (I guess it must have been annoying for the other guests...
- you have to pay for keeping your luggage after check out
- the bathroom was a bit strange.
The space of a normal public toilet included a shower and a sink, it means that, to use the toilet you have to put your feet on the "shower" which was always wet (that's normal) so..a bit uncomfortable.
- the room was too noisy, as I've said, not due to the number of people but due to the noises from outside. Cars, hooters, ambulances...and so on..keep going during the whole night, it is simply not possible to sleep all the time..I woke up too many times every single night.
- referring waking up....each and every night I spent in this hostel the fire alarm rang. When my friend commented that to the woman in the reception she said "oh yes, sorry for that, we have been having some problems, we are working on it, sorry for that". So, I guess they knew it could happen, at least they could have informed us when we arrived because the first time I was really worried and didn't know what to do.
summing up, I am sorry to say I won't come back, but hey! it's London! if someone knows an excellent hostel for a good prize, just let me know :D
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Keystone House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keystone House Hotel London
- Keystone House London, England