“It could be much better” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keystone House

Keystone House
Ranked #366 of 827 Specialty Lodging in London
Zaragoza, Spain
“It could be much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was there with a friend for three nights and I could find:

+well located, very near to Kings Cross station

+ nice atmosphere, with kind staff, good common room and pub where you could meet other people and interact..and so on, that was pretty nice!

+ I stayed in the 16-bed-female room, but it was OK, as it is said on the website, you don't feel it is that big, because there is a wall dividing the room into two

+ the room was quite clean and the bed pretty comfortable

- my friend and I had to wait because our beds were not ready when we arrived (even if we arrived in the hostel late, at 23h or so) (I guess it must have been annoying for the other guests...

- you have to pay for keeping your luggage after check out

- the bathroom was a bit strange.
The space of a normal public toilet included a shower and a sink, it means that, to use the toilet you have to put your feet on the "shower" which was always wet (that's normal) so..a bit uncomfortable.

- the room was too noisy, as I've said, not due to the number of people but due to the noises from outside. Cars, hooters, ambulances...and so on..keep going during the whole night, it is simply not possible to sleep all the time..I woke up too many times every single night.

- referring waking up....each and every night I spent in this hostel the fire alarm rang. When my friend commented that to the woman in the reception she said "oh yes, sorry for that, we have been having some problems, we are working on it, sorry for that". So, I guess they knew it could happen, at least they could have informed us when we arrived because the first time I was really worried and didn't know what to do.

summing up, I am sorry to say I won't come back, but hey! it's London! if someone knows an excellent hostel for a good prize, just let me know :D

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Planned a trip to London in December. December being a Holiday period, i was worried that my trip would cost a lot more than usual. Since i was with my friends, we decided to cut short on the expenditure on accommodation and so after a lot of search, zeroed on to keystone. The best thing about this place is its location. Located at the heart of London, 5 mins walk away from the Kings Cross station, this is the place to stay. Though the rooms were a little dated. But you wont regret it cause of the price you pay. Very reasonable and clean! Just that the breakfast arrangement was not upto the mark, since the first day when we went for breakfast everything was over within half an hour. Except that, Its a great place to stay for people who can compromise on lavish living for a nice budget stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here in December and the only thing good about it is that is was close to St Pancras Station. I booked a 8 bed but it was really like 16 bed dorm because you can see and here everything that was going on on the other side of the room. There was only a wall separating both sides. The bathrooms were really gross and dirty. The toilet, sink and shower were all in the same spot. No wi-fi in rooms and they only place there was free wifi was in the common area that closed at 11pm at night. The breakfast was bread and warm milk. It was cheap but I wouldnt recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Benamocarra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I need to stay 1 or 2 nights a week from next April so this weekend's trip was to find somewhere I felt safe and comfortable with wifi as a more mature than average hostal user travelling alone. This is the third place I stayed at and love it. Beds in the dorms are separated to give some sense of privacy. Locker by each bed - not present in other places. Good free wifi - albeit with restricted hours but I knew this when booking. Friendly and helpful staff. Looking forward to spending time here. I don't mind the steps - good exercise. For what I have paid this is fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: I was in a dorm so N/A
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Gawler, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

As we all know accommodation in london is horrendously expensive, but this place was surprisingly cheap.

The best thing about this place is the location - 5 minute walk from Kings cross station, which basically means with a connection to just about all of the tube lines, you can be anywhere in london within 20 minutes. We caught the tube to the West End, The Oval, Tower of London, Hyde Park and all of the trains made it back to kings cross no worries. seriously it was amazing.

As to the room itself, the twin private room we had (Duchess room 5) was very small, basically enough room for a bunk bed, locker, and doorway, but the sheets were clean and the beds were comfortable, which is all you can ask for really. The room also had its own split system so temperature was not a worry.

It was relatively noisy outside but we didnt really notice, probably because there is so much to see we were very tired when we got home every night. The bathrooms and breakfast were just okay, but reception was very friendly

I would definitely recommend this place to others, both on price and location

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bennymacca6
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hostel because of its location to Kings Cross Station but I wish I hadn't! The place was sooooooo cold. I had to walk down three flights of stairs to use the large bathroom because the light had broken in the single bathroom closer to our room. The bathrooms steemed very dirty and you had to keep pressing a timer in the shower. I had very little sleep because even with the windows closed you heard every word on the street below. Never again.

• Stayed April 2013
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

They are very cheap. We walked there from the street, looking for a place to crash for one night. We have paid 60 pounds for double. Very small rooms in a basement, no bathroom, no window. Free breakfast with lots unhealthy choices but it is enough to start the day. What was ridiculous, WIFI ia not free and they made us pay for storage room. Great location for sightseeing and transportation. Hostel good for one night.

• Stayed March 2013