“Good experience”

Ranked #27 of 1,656 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the great Fire of 1666, St. Paul's has been the site of many historic state occasions; including Winston Churchill's state funeral and the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer. A busy working Christian community with several daily services at which all are welcome. St Paul’s also welcomes visitors with access to five levels of the Cathedral and multimedia guides, guided tours and the award-winning 'Oculus' film experience included.
London, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the first place I visited when I came to London and I should say, it was a very good experience. It has its own history, you can buy a ticket to climb all the way to the top, the view of London is so amazing from the top. Worth a visit

• Arabic first
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Impressive”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visited St Paul's with our 3 and 5 year old children. The children loved the climb up to the Whispering Gallery but other than that they wasn't a great deal to keep them interested which is not a surprise as obviously we were visiting a place of worship not a playground. St Paul's website is very useful and has learning resources that we used once we returned home. Audio guides were included in the entrance fee so you can move around the Cathedral at your own place. The cafe and restaurant were first class. We visited One New Change that is across the road that has great views from the 6th floor which is worth a visit. St Paul's is an amazing place to visit but I feel that £14 per ticket is a bit steep.

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glorious”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A beautiful cathedral that really is worth the entry fee. Iconic for London, we found this a wonderful place to explore. It seemed to be much more uplifting than Westminster Abbey and the staff also seemed more pleasant.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Karenlovestheworld
mjd2007
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't Leave London without going here!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't know about you, but when I think about Cathedral's and London I had always thought of Westminster Abbey...no more! On a misty London evening my husband and I ran into St. Paul's and happened to arrive just in time for a Choral Ensong. This might be the highlight of my trip, sitting in this GORGEOUS Cathedral with Organ playing I'm telling you, we went to Westminister Abbey the next day and while it is Magnificent, nothing will touch that experience for me.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank mjd2007
Manchester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Impressive on the inside aswell as the outside”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I went into the building late in the day. We didn't have chance to explore the building as some singing was taking place. But we got let into a room to listen in where there was a small gathering of people.
Definitely worth visiting and only wish I had got chance to explore the building properly but should I be back in London this place would be on the list of places to visit.

Visited February 2013