“Glorious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 1,522 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the great Fire of 1666, St. Paul's has been the site of many historic state occasions, including Winston Churchill's funeral and the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales..
Dublin, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glorious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

A beautiful cathedral that really is worth the entry fee. Iconic for London, we found this a wonderful place to explore. It seemed to be much more uplifting than Westminster Abbey and the staff also seemed more pleasant.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
mjd2007
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't Leave London without going here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't know about you, but when I think about Cathedral's and London I had always thought of Westminster Abbey...no more! On a misty London evening my husband and I ran into St. Paul's and happened to arrive just in time for a Choral Ensong. This might be the highlight of my trip, sitting in this GORGEOUS Cathedral with Organ playing I'm telling you, we went to Westminister Abbey the next day and while it is Magnificent, nothing will touch that experience for me.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank mjd2007
Manchester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Impressive on the inside aswell as the outside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I went into the building late in the day. We didn't have chance to explore the building as some singing was taking place. But we got let into a room to listen in where there was a small gathering of people.
Definitely worth visiting and only wish I had got chance to explore the building properly but should I be back in London this place would be on the list of places to visit.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Narnu
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Does not reflect Christian values”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Charging 15 pounds to see a church that has a restaurant, cafe and gift shop in the crypt is the epitome of why people are leaving the church. They also don't allow photos. Needless to say, they do not display the Christian hospitality of Westminster Cathedral and many others throughout Europe and the world. It is definitely not worth the money, don't bother.

1 Thank Maxwell G
Los Altos, California
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Beautiful, well kept and worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

While it's not cheap to get into St. Paul's, I feel it's well worth the price. The place is huge and spectacular. It's one of the best kept cathedrals we've been to. The audio tour drags on a little too much for our taste, but it's all interesting information. Unfortunately the dome was closed when we visited which was a disappointment, but just seeing the space and hearing about some of the history was good for us. The day we visited there was some kind of choir there practicing which made it all the more interesting having the echoes of human voices surrounding us as we wandered around. I'm really happy we took the time to stop in and see such a lovely old place.

Visited February 2013