“London Weekend”

Ranked #54 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“London Weekend”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked this hotel through Secret Escapes on a blind purchase and once I had paid and found out the name of the hotel I must admit I had not heard of it before so as they say 'in for a penny in for a pound' On arrival our car was whisked away into the car park and we checked in to find that we have received a room upgrade which was very nice and also some free tokens for a cocktails each at the bar which was equally nice. As soon as you walk into this hotel the smell is divine and takes you right back on a journey to any spa day you have experienced, wonderful smell which carries right through the hotel, delightful. The staff were very efficient and polite and showed us to our room. The room itself was a sort of contemporary, clean and spacious. We were very fortunate to be able to have a room at 11am another good point.

We returned later in the evening to have a drink in the bar, staff absolutely wonderful, young Englishman so very good with customers 10/10 young man you must have had good parents who taught you good manners. Drinks very good glasses incredible the stem on the champagne glass was exquisite.

Everything was very good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the difference to the more know hotels is that this hotel is much more personable and relaxed.

Only a couple of points, no electrical points near the bed to charge my phone whilst having the alarm set, not a major problem just me being lazy when the alarm goes off and having to actually get out of bed, still odd the designer/electrician didn't think to put them near the bed and furthermore on that points there was only two plug points above the table and in todays techno era with laptops, phones, straighteners etc a couple more would have been handy.

No tea in the room just coffee. Also room service - when you make a cup of tea (in the UK0 you put the teabags in the pot before the hot water that is a proper cup of tea. Also just one teabag was a bit tight. Big pot of hot water and one teabag please look into that !!!

Quite low sink, my husband said it was average height but it seemed a little low, trivial point though.

All in all a great hotel, great staff, great locations, clean just sort out the tea for room service.

Room Tip: We had a king deluxe room overlooking Hyde Park
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for you very kind comments about your experience at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay from your arrival, to your drinks in the Met Bar as well as the service that you received throughout the hotel. Your thoughts echo the comments of many of our regular guests so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

I am sorry that we failed to point out all the electrical sockets in the room, and to explain that tea and coffee making facility are available with our compliments to all our guests, but I am relieved that these issues do not appear to have spoilt your stay too much.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
Beijing
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have stayed here a few times and the staff are always the best. The breakfast room is pretty ugly and some of the staff are not so fun but there are a few that work the breakfast that are amazing, positive, and have a great memory (remembering your order from weeks past). The other thing that isn't so great is the internet. Its so slow and being on business it helps to have a good connection to get stuff done but unfortunately that's not the case. Other than that its a nice place and it has a reasonable gym.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park and not on the back side. The rooms on upper floors are better because t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoy your stays with us and that you particularly appreciate the service you receive from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally, assist you with the internet connectivity, and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Got a Free upgrade from city room to deluxe. Spacious room. Nice details. Helpfull and serviceminded staff. Complimentary vodka cocktail upon check-in. I enjoyed the gym and steam room. The location is great, and in a nice area. The only remark would be the iphone docking station, its not for new iphone 5s. They should get a converter or similar, or replace it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank amaze79
Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us.

Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking and ensure a converter to charge your phone is placed in the room for you.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had only one night here to celebrate our tenth anniversary.
I had contacted the hotel to let them know this and we were greeted by the front desk staff with "Happy Anniversary"-so lovely.
As our room wasn't ready, we went out for lunch in Shepherd's Market, an interesting area of Mayfair.
When we returned, our room still was not ready, so Scott, the wonderful manager, upgraded us to a suite with a balcony, overlooking Hyde Park. The room was huge, a rarity in London.
A quick knock on our door and staff arrived with a lovely bottle of wine and a fruit plate-so thoughtful.
We also received 20% off at the spa and two complimentary cocktails in their stylish bar.
Full English breakfast was delicious and I could have stayed for a week or a year.
The location of this hotel is superb-corner of Old Park Lane and Piccadilly, overlooking Hyde park and Green Park.
What really sets this hotel apart from its competition is the superb warm and friendly service.
We cannot wait to return to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to balcony with park view if you can.
1 Thank katherineincanada
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to enhance your special occasion in some way.

I am also very pleased to hear that you liked your upgraded room that Scott assisted you with, as well as the service you received throughout the hotel. It is the staff that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another enjoyable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nice, France
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had a beautiful days at this hotel. Clean cozy room, peaceful atmosphere, incredible fast service, nice Hyde park view and very very kind people working here. Also in love with Nobu restaurant at this hotel. A nice home away from home!!!
For sure we come back again!

Room Tip: Chose the room with Hyde park view
1 Thank Irina L
Many thanks for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience and that you had the chance to enjoy Nobu whilst you were with us.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Nice, France
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Me and my wife had a very nice stay and romantic time at this hotel with perfect hyatt park view + very beautiful room .. also very good location
the staff are very friendly and kind, we very want to go back again to this hotel soon...

1 Thank Mehran H
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you appreciated your experience with us and that we managed to enhance your time in London in some way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Aberdeen
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My partner and I stayed here with a group of our friends for an evening last October and were extremely pleased.

At check in the staff gave us each a free drinks coupon for the bar, which admittedly, we didn't have time to take advantage of as we had plans elsewhere that evening but we all agreed this was a very nice touch.

We were shown to our rooms, which were all kept together which was good of them to ensure, as the hotel was busy that evening. We had booked double rooms but due to a change of plans two of our friends were now staying together in one room, instead of the couple that was originally planned to occupy this room, so at check in we requested that the sofa bed be made up in said room. Housekeeping came and set this up immediately.

There had been a torrential, almost monsoon-like down pour of rain that night and unfortunately after our evening out we'd had to walk some of the way back to the hotel and endure the weather, and so by the time we arrived we were absolutely drenched from head to toe. When we got to our rooms we ordered fresh brewed tea and coffee which was delivered to our room at no extra charge. I much prefer this to the in-room self service station you usually find in hotels, which often can have a stale taste.

Unfortunately the storm carried on through the night which caused a lot of railway disruption due to fallen trees on the tracks. The staff were extremely informative in warning us on the matter as soon as we got to the check out desk. This was exceptionally helpful as most train lines were closed that day which meant everyone in London had to rely on taxi or bus for transport until the tracks were cleared, it was chaos as you can imagine. The staff helped us locate all the appropriate bus stops and also allowed us to use the business center to print our boarding passes, free of charge - after check out. Without such help we would have undoubtedly missed our flight as I am sure many others would have that day.

The rooms were absolutely lovely, stylish and modern ample space even in the standard room. The bathroom was very attractive and it too was a decent size, everything was very clean and comfortable, we couldn't have asked for more.

The location was ideal, very central.

All in all exceptionally good value for money.

I appreciate great service when I see it, having had some terrible experiences at hotels in London, and so I can say without hesitation, our stay was excellent.

Without a doubt would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and how highly you valued your experience with us.

I am also very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I shall certainly share your comments with everyone at the hotel.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you.