I booked this hotel through Secret Escapes on a blind purchase and once I had paid and found out the name of the hotel I must admit I had not heard of it before so as they say 'in for a penny in for a pound' On arrival our car was whisked away into the car park and we checked in to find that we have received a room upgrade which was very nice and also some free tokens for a cocktails each at the bar which was equally nice. As soon as you walk into this hotel the smell is divine and takes you right back on a journey to any spa day you have experienced, wonderful smell which carries right through the hotel, delightful. The staff were very efficient and polite and showed us to our room. The room itself was a sort of contemporary, clean and spacious. We were very fortunate to be able to have a room at 11am another good point.
We returned later in the evening to have a drink in the bar, staff absolutely wonderful, young Englishman so very good with customers 10/10 young man you must have had good parents who taught you good manners. Drinks very good glasses incredible the stem on the champagne glass was exquisite.
Everything was very good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the difference to the more know hotels is that this hotel is much more personable and relaxed.
Only a couple of points, no electrical points near the bed to charge my phone whilst having the alarm set, not a major problem just me being lazy when the alarm goes off and having to actually get out of bed, still odd the designer/electrician didn't think to put them near the bed and furthermore on that points there was only two plug points above the table and in todays techno era with laptops, phones, straighteners etc a couple more would have been handy.
No tea in the room just coffee. Also room service - when you make a cup of tea (in the UK0 you put the teabags in the pot before the hot water that is a proper cup of tea. Also just one teabag was a bit tight. Big pot of hot water and one teabag please look into that !!!
Quite low sink, my husband said it was average height but it seemed a little low, trivial point though.
All in all a great hotel, great staff, great locations, clean just sort out the tea for room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London
- COMO Metropolitan London England