“Great service, decor a bit boring but good food”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #61 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have just spent a night in a 10th floor room with fantastic views of so much of London. They knew it was my birthday and arranged a great choccy cake to be in our room with candles etc. There were tulips, fresh fruit and a note welcoming us. The staff were without exception fantastic. We had a great - if not cheap - breakfast with wonderful freshly squeezed orange juice. There were some great healthy choices that were very tempting even though my diet doesn't start until tomorrow! We had a complimentary cocktail in the Met bar and a very nice attentive waiter gave us more delicious olives and crisps before we finished the first lot. I think that the decor is a bit boring in places and they could add a couple of things to make it sparkle but it was just so relaxing. Our room was very boringly decorated (lots of white and a big expanse of plain carpet) but I liked the dimmer switches on the lights and the bathroom was good. The essential oil bath salts that they gave you were absolutely brilliant and I loved the smell of all the bathroom products and soaps - the best I have had for a long while (including other 5 star hotels). Overall a very good experience and we came home well rested as the bed was very comfortable. We also had a great dinner in Nobu so only had to take the lift to our room which was fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from your complimentary welcome cocktail in the Met Bar to your breakfast the following morning. I am also particularly pleased that the service you received from the team really stood out for you. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I am, however, sorry to hear your comments about certain design elements of the hotel but I am relieved that this does not appear to have spoiled your stay.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and your room allocation personally.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Impeccable service from friendly and helpful staff, a very comfortable room, and a great location all made this the perfect place for three nights in London. The hotel is close to lots of bus routes to take you all around the city. There's no kettle in the room, but we asked for one at reception and it arrived at our room almost before we did. Simply can't fault this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We chose The Metropolitan by chance as it was a wild card on Secret Escapes but we figured that you can't go wrong with a 5* Park Lane hotel. We were indeed correct. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. We were celebrating our two year anniversary and the Reception Manager treated us to complimentary cocktails. The rooms were very large and ours had a balcony and a view over Hyde Park. The combination of the location and the twinkling Christmas lights was magical. We loved the turn down service and the bathroom products. Our expectations were exceeded and we'd certainly recommend it to anyone who has a night or two in London.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your special occasion in some way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and your room allocation personally.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Metropolitan is famed for it's style, but what makes the hotel stand out is great service. A wonderful welcome, the friendly bar team, warm and welcoming service over breakfast, knowledgable concierge, and fantastic reception team. It's was a pleasure to stay here.

The location is fabulous and the view was lovely.
The clientel was a real mix, from the beautiful people, to single travelers to families.
Breakfast was excellent, as was the Met Bar.

A really good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your terrific comments and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued the service you received from the team throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

we stayed here for one night only on evening in London.the staff were excelllent and welcoming and the room was large and very modern.we loved the bathroom facilites- product divine ( even bought some). The view of Hyde Park was glorious. The only disappointment was the lack of in room coffee machine which we have cometo expect of 5* establishments

Room Tip: higher rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I was very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much. I am, however, sorry that that we failed to explain that complimentary tea and coffee making facilities are available to all guests upon request so we can happily provide this for you for any future stays.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two days in January for my husbands birthday. Lovely hotel, very attentive staff, large rooms with very comfortable beds, they even acknowledged his birthday with a lovely bottle of wine in our room. The location was fantastic.
My only complaint is the pillows were very thin and we required three pillows to get a good nights sleep, no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and £28 per person for breakfast!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and your room as well as the service you experience from the team. I am, however, sorry that that we failed to explain that complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and range of pillow options are available on request to all guests so we can certainly provide this for you for any future stays. I truly hope that this did not spoil your stay too much.

Please also let me know when you are planning a return to London so I can look after your booking and your room allocation myself to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just spent 2 nights in London over New Year's after spending a week with my husband's family in the suburbs (2 adults and our 10-year-old daughter). The service was excellent and the facilities great - very modern and hip - a nice urban retreat after lots of family time. The staff were very kid-friendly and super helpful - no charge for the rollaway bed as we had at other places. And the location can't be beat - right on Park Lane in the middle of everything. The food was also very good - we had room service breakfasts both days (included in our rate), although we didn't eat at Nobu which I hear is fabulous. A nice deep soaking tub was relief to sore feet after much walking during the day. My only personal ding was that the beds were very firm (I prefer a softer bed) but my husband and daughter had no complaints. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and your recommendation following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel and that we managed to enhance your precious family time in some way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements myself to ensure you, and your family, enjoy another memorable stay.