COMO Metropolitan London
$215
$159
Priceline
1,164 results
All reviewspark lanenobu restaurantcomo shambhalaoverlooking hyde parkroom servicefour seasonswinter wonderlandturn down servicegreen parklocation is greatsteam roomrooms are spaciousbond streetnespresso machinemodern hotelwest endhotel bar
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed as an extended family for a week in August, 2013. Very attentive staff. Arrived too early to check in and coffee served in the lobby as arrangements were being made. Walked to many restaruants, pubs, sites, including changing of the guard. Love the experience and the service.

Room Tip: Not aware of a bad room or view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Willco
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Many thanks indeed for your very generous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, our location and your overall service experience so much.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be very pleased to look after your booking myself and ensure that you have another truly enjoyable stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I travelled with my daughter, aged 11, for a short London break in May as a treat for some of her recent achievements.
The hotel is lovely, the service is excellent and as expected and we had a fabulous stay. The Wii in the room,metropolitan teddy and children's guide book of London were a lovely touch.
The only minor point for me travelling alone with my daughter is that as the hotel bar is obviously the met bar, and for over 18's only, the only place to have a nightcap after the show was in reception.
The location was perfect for the itinerary we had planned and we will hopefully be back for a similar girly trip very soon.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your terrific comments following your recent stay. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had a fabulous stay and that your daughter also enjoyed herself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are making your plans as I would be delighted to look after your reservation and any London requirements you have.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Fantastic location. Really good sized room for London. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Staff very professional and friendly. Superb bathroom with new modern fittings. Beds very comfortable with beautiful cotton sheets and good quality pillows and cushions. Will stay here again definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. We could see the park
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanne M
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you liked our location, as well as your room and the service that you received.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

For this brief London stop, I was traveling alone. In a fit of frugality, I decided to gamble on a discount website. I limited the search to 5-star hotels in a couple of centrally-located neighborhoods. And voila...the Metropolitan in Mayfair.

When I arrived early in the morning, the hotel staff was very gracious and polished. The lobby and hallways, however, were smaller and less stylish than I might expect from a 5-star property. My room, next door to the spa, followed that same general impression, with a particularly tiny bathroom. Again, with the low rate I was paying, I'm assuming I had the smallest room in the place – which seems completely fair.

So, I guess I don't completely understand how the 4/5 star ratings work. To me, a 5-star should be top-of the line (like a St. Regis or a Conrad). Right after this, I stayed in another "5-star" hotel in Erfurt, Germany, and it was perfectly fine, but more equal to a 3 or 4-star Sheraton or Radisson in the US.

Despite it's central location near Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park, the Metropolitan wouldn't be my top choice for any future romantic London get-away. When I return to London, I'll probably look for something more classically designed, more evocative of London's traditions and history. For a business traveler, The Metropolitan is perfectly fine, and has excellent service and staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David S
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service that you received from the team as well as our location. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please do let me know when you are planning a return to London. I would be delighted to look after your booking, allocate your room personally and ensure your stay is truly memorable.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here with my 11 year old son for 5 days in July and had a wonderful experience. Service is excellent, the hotel is quiet and the rooms are large by London standards. The location is a good one although the nearest tube station is a 7-10 minute walk. There are several neighborhood restaurants within a couple of minutes of the front door. Hard Rock is down the street and there is always a line there so probably not worth it.
There is free access to two computers is a business center which is convenient.
Room service was quick and the food was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you liked our location.