“Phenomenal service”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #58 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Booked 4 rooms here and I have to say the whole experience in terms of service was amongst the best I have had in a London hotel ever! Thank you for a really enjoyable stay

Rooms are good although not perfect but roomy for this part of London

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your party enjoyed your stay and the service that you received so much. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another memorable stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I always stay at the metropolitan as they accept dogs and they are so kind to me and my furry friend.
The service is excellent.
the rooms are large for London standards but they do tend to have a bit of a smell and a lot of the rooms look out on the airconditioning/heating units.
However their service makes up for everything.
Great hotel and if travelling with pets , the best hotel in UK

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest I am delighted to hear that you enjoy your stays with us so much and that we look after both you and your dog so well.

I am, however, concerned to hear your comments about a smell in the room but I am relieved that this does not appear to have spoiled your stay too much. If you would like to discuss this further with me I am at your disposal.

Alternatively, please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be very pleased to look after your reservation, and your room allocation, myself.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great location, staff are very attentive and provide top customer service, which is not usually the case in london....the deluxe room with king bed was larger than most hotels in that range...totally happy and would go back :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel, as part of a weekend away to ask my girlfriend to marry me. So first things first she said yes! So please don’t let that fact taint the level of my review.

Firstly location wise it doesn’t get much better! And with the weather finally understanding what the word Summer is all about it means you get 2 of the best parks in London right on your door step, (also the best breakfast in town at The Wolseley right round the corner if that is your thing!) Also if you enjoy a cocktail then the Met bar can conjure up some excellent cocktails!

Secondly for those that have experienced hotels in London, unless you are super rich and can warrant spending £500+ a night on a room, then the rooms are all very much alike, you get a bed and the usual pleasantries that come with a 5* hotel. Things that can change though are the views, of which I was lucky enough to get a room on the 7th floor overlooking Hyde park, so really it doesn’t get much better, and far better than the usual concrete Jungle that occupies most of the views of London.

Thirdly and probably the point that sets excellent hotels away from good hotels are the people, and you dont not have to worry here!, as you have probably read with many of the previous people who have reviewed there stay here, the level of service is excellent. I had previously sent an email of my plans to the hotel, and Atin Kathuria the front office manager promptly returned an email saying that would try to accommodate my request, but as it was a Saturday night and I only booked a couple of weeks prior and through Last Minute I did not hold out my hopes too much. Upon walking into reception I was met with the high level of service I was expecting from a 5* hotel in London and as soon as I mentioned my name Atin introduced himself and offered his services to me for the length of my stay. I have to say, that I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and yes many of them have had excellent levels of service but the personal level of service I experienced from all the members of staff went beyond my expectations and it’s the little things like that that really make the difference. Also the free bottle of wine and fruit was a really nice touch also!

So in conclusion, the location is excellent, the rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean with an excellent view and all the extras you would come to expect of a London 5* hotel and the level of service is as good if not better than any top hotel anywhere in the world! So all in all thank you Metropolitan Hotel you made a great weekend into a magical weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Hyde Park
1  Thank Tom S

Thank you very much indeed for your very generous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO and congratulations on your engagement.

I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed our location as well as the view from your room. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your life changing moment in some way.

Thank you also for your comments about Atin, our Front Office Manager. It is the staff that truly make the difference at the hotel and in Atin we are very fortunate to have such a caring and guest focused individual.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Once again congratulations and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of an anniversary trip to London. The hotel was in the perfect location for us and the staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Our room, whilst big and clean was quite basic with a retro feel. The bathroom was quite small but met our needs for a short stay. The highlight of our stay was a complimentary bottle of wine that was delivered to our room as a gift on our anniversary - a very welcome and unexpected extra. We did book this hotel through Lastminute and got a good deal - I don't think I would have paid full price but as treat for our romantic getaway it was

1  Thank purplenoodle
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and how highly you valued your experience with us. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I cannot say enough about the attentiveness of the staff at the Metropolitan. I was staying at the hotel for a business event we were hosting there over the course of two days. I arrived in the morning after a long overnight flight. As I was checking in with one of the staff at the front desk, another appeared with a hot towel with the most wonderful scent. After a 7 hour flight in economy and hour drive to the hotel, this gesture was most appreciated. They explained that the scent was their signature scent and it permeates the hallways, the towels, and the lobby area. It was wonderful. Despite my early arrival, they managed to find a room that was ready. After check in, the manager, Scott, escorted me to the room, and pointed out the hotel's amenities. We had a lovely conversation. I mentioned that I had but a few hours that day to see as much of London as I could as the next two days would be spent at work. He recommended I speak to the concierge. I wish I could remember the name of the gentlemen at the concierge desk because both were wonderful. After I unpacked and took a quick shower, I talked to the concierge who mapped out a walking plan for me and a boat tour of the Thames so that I could cover as much ground in six hours as possible. The boat and walking tour was so much better than my original plan of the bus tour. I feel as though he managed to set it up so I could enjoy Green and St James parks as well as the major points of interest. When I returned to the hotel after hours of walking in the extremely hot weather, I returned to the concierge to ask if there was a nice casual spot nearby where I could perhaps eat outside without having to get changed for dinner. Another extremely helpful gentleman set me up with a reservation in a wonderful little spot called Shepherd's market a few blocks from the hotel in charming back streets in Mayfair. When I arrived at the restuarant, they had a nice tall glass of ice tea waiting for me as they mentioned that the concierge asked for it to be waiting for me as I had had a long day of walking in the hot sun! Both these staff members helped me make the most of the few hours of time I had to myself in London.
The hotel is in a wonderful location on Park Lane close to Hyde and Green Parks and perfect for lovely strolls in Mayfair in the evenings. The room itself was small but comfortable and very well appointed. There was adequate work space, a small bathroom but with a nice large soaking tub and a comfortable bed. I did not have a view of Hyde Park but was happy to have any room available at such an early arrival time in the morning. I have to say I so enjoyed the heated and fragrant towels after a long soak in the tub that first evening.
The staff who worked the events we hosted in the hotel was extremely attentive and the events were executed splendidly. The AV equipment worked on the first try and the room was set up beautifully with gorgeous centerpieces.
When it was time to leave on Friday, the staff allowed me a late check out so that I might change and pack after our Friday morning event at the hotel. When it was time to go, the manager Scott once again helped me with bags to my waiting car. I was there in the midst of the heat wave so the hallways were a bit hot and I wished I had been able to lower the air temperature in the room a bit but those were minor issues and really out of their control given the unusually high temperatures. I did not have the opportunity to experience the spa but maybe next time!
The staff really stands out at this hotel and I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that your event was a success. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel, our Mayfair location and that we managed to enhance your stay by providing you with the early check in upon arrival as well as a late check out on the day of your departure.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel, especially from Scott and our Concierge and Events Teams. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and in all of these areas we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. Many of our frequent guests have remarked likewise so it is terrific that you felt the same way and I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stay here recurringly and generally like this hotel. However, there have been too many issues - some minor and some not - with my recent stays.

The most annoying one is room service. On my last two stays, I ordered room service and was told it would arrive within 15 - 20 minutes. In both cases I ended up having to leave my room without eating breakfast since it took 30 - 40 minutes to deliver. I appreciate the apologies of the manager in charge, but when I pay 300 GBP for a room, I expect things to work.

On that note, I don't understand why every time I come to the hotel, I end up having to fill in all my personal details. Surely a modern, high-end hotel can figure out that I've stayed there multiple times and have the forms pre-filled?

My last issue is that no matter how many times I stay there, I always get a room with a crappy view.

So in summary, I'm not convinced I will be staying here on my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Pray to a god I have not yet discovered.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

All guest feedback is taken immensely seriously at the hotel and I am very sorry indeed to hear your last two stays have been less than perfect. You are indeed right that your experience does not appear to have met the rigorous standards that we set ourselves and that our guests have come to expect. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay with me further I am at your disposal.

Please let me know when you are planning your next London visit as I would very much appreciate the opportunity to restore faith and ensure that the Metropolitan remains your hotel of choice in London. I will be delighted to look after your room allocation myself, meet you in person and ensure your entire stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.