“Perfect.”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #69 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The rooms are huge compared to London standard and most of them face Hyde Park. A fantastic hotel with their own signature aroma. Excellent spa and fantastic service. Its modern, chic and the location is Park Lane.

Room Tip: The metropolitan rooms are massive, french bay windows overlooking Hyde Park.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you liked our location, your room as well as the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Metropolitan for four nights. The room was lovely. The location of the hotel is excellent. The concierge was extremely helpful and charming; she gave us lots of useful information about nearby restaurants. In fact, everyone on the staff was most pleasant and helpful. I thought i had left something in the room; I emailed the hotel and they replied within 30 minutes. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Helen N

Many thanks indeed for your comments and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much and that you enjoyed the service you received, particularly from Natalie our Head Concierge. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and in Natalie we are very lucky to have a very talented individual.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would relish the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

good price for a london hotel. Its not the area i would usually pick to stay, but for the price it made it all worth while.

good experience. decent size room.

i stayed here after having a good experience in the metropolitan in bangkok.

i recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank grazmulcahy

Thank you very much indeed for your comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you also enjoyed your experience in our sister hotel in Bangkok.

Should you be planning a return to any of COMO Hotels and Resorts destinations I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have often heard about the Metropolitan but have always associated it with the bar or with Nobu and not so much about the hotel itself.

Recently some colleagues stayed here and told me how nice it was so I thought I'd give it a try with the family as a birthday treat for my 6 year old.

The Metropolitan is well-located on Park Lane, near to Hyde Park and far enough away from the hustle and bustle of PIccadilly and Oxford Street but not so far that you can't walk there or catch a bus.

The check-in was smooth and when my wife told them it was our daughter's bday we got upgraded! We were shown up to our room by the lovely person on Reception who showed us around our room.

The room was very nice - modern, spacious, very clean and had a lovely view of Hyde Park.

That night they left some cookies and soft drinks for us along with a birthday greeting! Very nice touch.

I didn't have breakfast there or dinner (as I've eaten at Nobu before) but had dinner around the corner at Prezzo as my daughter loves pasta.

On check-in we also received a voucher for 2 free cocktails in the bar but found we had to have these in the lobby as we couldn't take our daughter into the bar, which is fair enough. The cocktails were a particular type of drink, there wasn't any choice, either way they were lovely anyway!

I was also treated by the missus to a facial in the spa which was a very nice experience (I would go back again!)

Overall I was very impressed with the service and the hotel itself and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Hyde Park!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your daughter’s birthday in some way. I am also very pleased to hear that you liked your room, that your wife was able to relax in our spa and that you both had the chance to enjoy our complimentary weekend cocktail.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are just back from a weekend stay at the metropolitan..WOW
We loved it, from the moment we first went in to when we left. The staff couldnt have been better, a huge thank you to Scott who really made feel special throughout our stay.
its in a fab location for shopping and sight seeings.
My family were visiting with us and they were blown away by the hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank irishmonkeygirl
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with your family and how highly you valued your experience at the hotel.

Thank you also for your lovely feedback about Scott, our Guest Relations Manager. It is the staff that truly make the difference and in Scott we are lucky to have a very caring individual. I shall certainly make sure that your comments are shared with him.

I hope to welcome you back on your next London visit. Should you be planning a return please contact me directly so I can look after your booking personally and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just back from a weekend stay on Metropolitan by COMO. Kudos to the staff for a very enjoyable experience. The staff are warm, inviting, helpful and could not have done more. From checkin to checkout. Modern, sleek and all the amenities, very comfortable rooms. Great access to Knightsbridge and theatre district, taxis always waiting, and walking distance to Old Bond Street as well.

One would not go wrong to stay there, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Had a Park View - very nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay, particularly the service you received from the team.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking personally and ensure another great stay with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've stayed in many 5* hotels in London and this one is my favourite by far. The weekend was a birthday weekend and the hotel did everything to make it special. We were upgraded at check in, had fruit and a bottle of wine in the room, complimentary cocktails and a birthday cake. A big thanks to Scott Wilson he was brilliant and even came to find us after we checked out to see how our stay was.

The hotel is spotless. The bar was lovely ad the staff very friendly. The room was lovely, very good size, bed was huge, walk in closet, huge bath with lovely toiletries. Free wifi which is always good. View was amazing over the city as we were on the 10th floor.

The staff are the best I have encountered in London. Nothing was too much and so friendly. I've stayed in many 5* hotels around the world and sometimes unless your famous or carrying a very expensive handbag they treat you like second class citizen but not this one. Due to the staff alone I would stay here again.

We stayed as we were going to a concert in twickenham so this hotel being central was great. The next day we were able to walk to Marble Arch/Oxford St within 10 mins but the tube was a 2 min walk if you needed the tube.

Would 100% recommended this hotel and may stay again in 2 weeks for another London trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay and that we enhanced your birthday weekend in some way.

Thank you also for your lovely feedback about Scott, our Guest Relations Manager. As many of our frequent guests comment it is the staff that truly make the difference and in Scott we are lucky to have a very talented individual. I shall certainly make sure that your comments are shared with him.

I hope that you also enjoyed the concert and also hope to welcome you back on your next London visit that will soon be upon us. Please contact me directly so I can look after your booking personally and ensure another memorable stay.