“Five Star Service”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #54 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 16, 2013

From the moment we checked in, we were given impeccable service. Hot towels at arrival, they honored our request for a higher floor (with a great view of the city) and wine and fruit waiting in our room (it was our anniversary) and that was just check-in. The room and hotel are great (rooms are a very nice size for London and bathrooms have towel warmers!) but the standouts are really the people. Our concierge, Dominic, was tasked with getting us fabulous dinner reservations and the hardest west end tix to obtain. 2 days later we were seeing Helen Mirren play the Queen in the 7th row and dining at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. The hotel manager, Scott Wilson, was also exceptional, always going above and beyond. He was always helpful but more than anything he made us always feel at home in the hotel. We knew if there was ever anything we needed, he would take care of it for us. We were very sad to leave after such a wonderful experience and would definitely stay at the Met again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a lovely view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay and how highly your valued your experience with us.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about Dominic and Scott. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made the difference for you and that they enhanced your time in London. I shall certainly ensure your comments are shared with them both.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after the details of your booking myself so I can ensure another memorable stay.

I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan London

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel needs some refurbishment. The lobby is fine but the rooms are a bit tired. Some rooms are better than others so it's preferable to get a non-smoking room that faces hyde park or the hilton to the north. The staff are medicore. Having said this, the hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms are a decent size. The gym and spa are good and the guest office is very convenient.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you like our location, as well as the size of your room but very sorry indeed to hear that the service you received was less than perfect. Guest feedback at the hotel is taken incredibly seriously and if you would like to discuss any element of your experience with me I am at your disposal. I am also sorry that you felt the hotel was looking a little tired. With regards to the hotel in general we do have a rolling plan of refurbishment as well as longer terms plans to keep the hotel fresh and current so I hope to show you more on a future visit.

As someone who appears to travel a fair amount I would very much like to extend the personal touch so please let me know when you are planning a return to London and I shall look after your booking myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

we are always very satisfied with this hotel, centrally located, spacious room full of lights if your room is on the park side
We are never disappointed by the service or the staff, easy to check in and out and we love eating at Nobu!
We will return again and again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Many thanks again for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Please let me know when you are next planning a London trip as I would be delighted to look after your booking and your room allocation myself.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had our first stay at this hotel and it will not be our last! The room was comfortable and good sized (not huge, but not small) and the bathroom, while a little small, was excellent -- the shower had excellent water pressure, etc. (even by American standards!). The location is very good and convenient. But the best aspect was the wonderful staff and their service. I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone was.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lagavulin704

Many thanks for your lovely comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you liked your room, your bathroom and our location. It is also particularly pleasing that you enjoyed the service you received whilst you were with us. It is often the staff that leave the longest impression when staying in hotels so I am very pleased that you felt this way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was booked for me by someone else, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was warmly welcomed by highly professional staff who were surely hired just to attend to me (or at least it felt that way!) Upon arrival, was upgraded to a fabulous room on the Seventh floor overlooking the park and given a welcome cocktail in the lounge. The well appointed room was immaculately clean and modern.

The next morning the steam room downstairs was just what I needed after a long flight and late night out.

The location is perfectly central and easy to navigate to and from.

Lovely experience an I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us. It is also great to hear that the service from the team also enhanced your time in London and I am delighted you felt this way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return and I shall handle your booking personally.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel. Staff were excellent and very attentative, room was perfect with nice views, comfortable bed and good bathroom. We got a voucher for free cocktails which was a great way to start our evening. Will be back wish our stay was for longer. .

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience with us, that you enjoyed the service you received as well as the view and comfort of your room. I am also delighted to hear that you liked our complimentary weekend cocktail.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return London visit as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Met is my home away from home when I am on business in London (and occasionally when I am on vacation). The location can't be beat - just off Hyde Park, in the middle of Mayfair. Its only a block from Piccadilly, but I like this street much better because it is calmer and not overrun with tourists and commuters.

Staff: The staff is the reason that I keep coming back. They are friendly, but not intrusive; attractive, but not pretentious. They are very good at making guests feel at home - providing a friendly smile whenever I leave or arrive.

Rooms: The hotel has a contemporary feel; it is much "cooler" than most of the business hotels in Mayfair.
The rooms are nice - typical of other nice hotels in the area - and decent sized for London. I love the showers that feel like I am standing in a waterfall.

Food: Nobu is in hotel, which is great if you are on an expense account and in the mood for sushi, but there are many more reasonable options nearby. I typically venture to Shepherds Market where there are a dozen or so very good restaurants. And Burger and Lobster is fantastic if you have time to kill (no reservations accepted).

I highly recommend this hotel for business and vacation fro couples (I assume it would be fine for kids, but I typically don't see any, so it is not an obvious choice).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much indeed for your amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. As a much valued loyal guest I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the Metropolitan by COMO each time you visit London.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the staff at the hotel as it is the team that truly make the difference to our guests. It is also great to hear your comments about the room, Nobu and the local area.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Please let me know when your next trip is planned.