“excellent stay spolit by overcharging at the minibar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of COMO Metropolitan London

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #59 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“excellent stay spolit by overcharging at the minibar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had my 40th Birthday at the metropoliton after getting a great deal as usually i'm a budget traveller myself so this was a nice treat for my special weekend in london , amazing hotel , great room with great facilities , lovely robes and fluffy towels galore. room was massive and a huge kingsized bed which was extremely comfortable , very central to everywhere and they had a great steam room in the basement for guests only which my my my friends made use of after a bracing afternoon walk in hyde park to warm up. if i won the lottery and could afford it i'd be back in a shot.

It was only spolit by being double charged for a mini bar , which has not been resolved even when i sent an email to query and got no response. It was only a small amount but its the principle so a bit disapointing end to a great weekend.

Room Tip: had rm 310 and it overlooks hyde park with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EatSleepShootTravel
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Many thanks indeed for your very generous comments about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from our location to your room size as well as the robes and bedding at the hotel.

I am also very sorry, and very disappointed, to hear that we have failed to respond to your email about the minibar charge. Please contact me, at your convenience, so I can arrange for this to be refunded straight away and so I can investigate this service failure.

We would very much like to welcome you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return visit as we offer very competitive rates throughout the year and I would be delighted to take care of your reservation myself.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Finnish first
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Spent the weekend with my partner their. Excellent all round service, very pleasant and attentive staff. Comfortable and well equipped rooms. Fantastic location to visit London and the museum at the Duke Of Wellington's residence across the road is fascinating. Would definitely return and recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much indeed for your very kind comments about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know personally when you are due to return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself.

East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was my husbands 60th Birthday and for a present my Son who lives abroad and couldnt get back for this occasion booked us into this Hotel. It was in the exact location we wanted. Right from walking into the Hotel we was made to feel so welcome by staff. We was offered an upgrade and the Guest Relations Manager, Scott Wilson was especially very nice and given a complimentary cocktail. When we came back to the room from an afternoon out there was a bottle of Wine and some fruit put in our room for my husbands 60th. The room was fantastic and we had a view over London, was a very special day. Thank you to all the staff at the Metropolitan, we are looking forward to coming back to the hotel very soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that we enhanced your special occasion and to hear how highly you valued your experience with us.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the team at the hotel, especially Scott, our Guest Relations Manager. As many of our frequent guests comment it is the staff that truly make the difference and in Scott we are lucky to have a very talented individual.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please do let me know personally when you are planning a return as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another memorable stay.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was looking for a nice hotel in Central London and came across the Metropolitan. It was in a fantastic location, just near Green Park Tube and as soon as I walked in I felt so welcome. The staff at front desk were so helpful, and then the room was fantastic and I even got a View of the Park. Had a fantastic bar downstairs and had a great time. Recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you ever so much for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you valued your experience with us and how much you enjoyed our location, and your room as well as the service that you received.

We truly appreciate your recommendation and please let me know when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to handle the arrangements for you myself.

Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just had a great trip to the Metropolitan, have stayed several times before the last visit about 18 months ago. A few changes have been made since, refurbed Met Bar, new bathrooms and few new nice touches - including the hot towels on arrival.
First room we were allocated was right opposite the lifts on the 4th floor and was very noisy, as well as having an adjoining door which I never like. I asked reception if we were able to change room and it was no trouble at all, we were given a nice quiet room on the 9th floor which we were really happy with.
The customer service was excellent and we would certainly return. The only comment I would make is that the beer in the bar is quite expensive and it did encourage us to go to a local pub on the second night.

Room Tip: Metropolitan Room on the 9th floor
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that you liked the recent enhancements we have made.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the first room we gave you but pleased to see that we were able to change this making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

I would very much like to welcome you back to the Metropolitan by COMO again so please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Chichester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here some years ago when the Metropolitan was one of the coolest hotels in town and was a bit wary about going back.

But I should not have been! A great Friday night deal and an upgrade on check-in was a good start. And although the rooms are virtually unchanged, like all great design the rooms remain comfortable and stylish. A great view up Park Lane is also something special. The rooms are equipped with everything you could wish and are very quiet. I think the bathrooms must have been refurbished?

The only negative is that some of the Met's stylish wood veneer has seen better days....

A turn-down service that hangs all your clothes up neatly in the wardrobe and places bottles of water alongside the bed are just examples of really excellent service. Breakfast was not cheap and no buffet means that this was top quality rather than fast food.

Whilst not a cheap night, my stay at the Metropolitan was great value and I will be back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christopher M
Thank you very much indeed for your recommendation and for you terrific feedback about your recent stay. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the experience of returning to the Metropolitan by COMO having stayed a few years ago as well.

We have indeed recently refurbished the bathrooms at the hotel and I am very glad you noticed this. With regards to the hotel in general we also have a rolling plan of refurbishment as well as longer terms plans to keep the hotel fresh and current.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return visit as we offer very competitive rates throughout the year and I would be delighted to take care of your reservation myself.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Booked on last minute dot com and got a 50% off rate so paid 199 for the night. Was then upgraded on arrival. Exceptionally welcoming staff. Spacious room, comfy bed, recently redone bathroom toasty warm thanks to powerful heated towel rail. Very good room climate controls and excellent lighting controls - everything from very bright to wonderful low dimmable lights to create any atmosphere you need (sorted my headache out after a stressful day). Good workspace, well stocked minibar plus lots of other essentials you might need (I needed the paracetamol given aforementioned stressful day). Automatic turndown service. Some noise from adjacent room (through locked connecting door) but not material to the overall enjoyment of the stay.

Took breakfast in a small breakfast room on 1st floor - the room itself was pleasant but nothing to write home about (seems to be an overflow room from NOBU, based in the same building (Please don't eat at NOBU - terrible reputation for serving endangered species of fish like bluefin tuna).

Breakfast was expensive - even after holding back! And not much else in the area, so plan for upwards of 20 pounds a head if you plan to eat in the hotel.

But overall was happy and would stay again at this price, but not at the rack rates. Daft part of town to stay in unless you're really rich or you need to be there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and aren't so close to the street which is busy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you were able to find some calm in the centre of London. I am also very pleased indeed that you felt welcomed by the team and that we managed to upgrade you for your stay.

Please let me know directly when you are planning a return to London. We offer very competitive rates throughout the year and I would be delighted to look after your booking and room allocation personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.